Simplenote is an easy way to take notes, create to-do lists, capture ideas, and more. Open it, jot down some thoughts, and you're done. As your collection grows, stay organized with tags and pins, and find what you need with instant search. Since Simplenote will sync across your devices for free, your notes are with you at all times.
- A simple, note taking experience
- Sync everything across all your devices
- Collaborate and share
- Stay organized with tags
- Log in with your email or WordPress.com account
SYNC WITH CONFIDENCE
- Automatically sync seamlessly across any computer, phone or tablet.
- Back up and sync everything as you take notes, so you never lose your content.
COLLABORATE AND SHARE
- Collaborate and work together -- share ideas with a colleague, or write a grocery list with your roommate.
- Choose whether to publish your content to the web, and share a link with whoever you want.
- Publish directly to a WordPress site by connecting your WordPress.com account.
- Quickly and easily share with third-party apps.
ORGANIZE AND SEARCH
- Stay organized with tags, and use them for quick searching and sorting.
- Instantly find what you’re looking for with keyword highlighting.
- Use markdown to add formatting.
- Create to-do lists.
- Choose the sorting order of your notes and tags.
- Pin the notes that you use the most.
- Edit tags directly by renaming and reordering.
- Protect your content with a passcode lock.
Terms of Service: https://simplenote.com/terms/
Visit simplenote.com to download Simplenote for your other devices.
Fixed an issue that caused the Notes List to show up incorrectly, in Right to Left languages.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Find your notes, tags not needed.
Notes can be edited in the Simplenote app or on a Windows computer with the free Resoph Notes program. The simplenote server keeps them in synch.
The killer feature is searching. As you type in the search text only notes containing it are listed and then within each note, the text is also highlighted.
No need to waste time categorising or tagging notes. I have used this app for years. Never had a broken update or lost notes, unlike another huge note taking competitor. Havn’t needed written post it notes in years either. Aways able to find a note by asking myself “what words would I have used when writing this note in the first place”.
Personal feature request would be to make the font selectable in the app as I need fixed size font so that columns line up on text based reports.
Great, simple, note taking app!
For taking notes I don’t need all the (bloated and unnecessary) extras. Straight forward, quick, responsive note taking, online or offline, reliable, I’ve not had issues syncing. On iPhone and iPad (Safari only, Chrome doesn’t post?) it’s easy to add web sites references to Simplenote, I like the way web sites (URLs) are linked not the content duplicated, which keeps storage down and speed up. Web links are hold and go, tap takes you to edit, simple. The only thing missing for me is the ability to save from PC browser to Simplenote (Windows/Chrome) and Chrome on iPhone and iPad. Then all my digital worlds would be linked! It’s my go to note taker, used frequently daily.
Simple but excellent
This app lives up to its name. It is a straightforward app for storing plain text notes. It recognises hyperlinks automatically. You can tag notes so that they go into one or more categories, and then see all the notes in a category. You can search notes. There is automatic syncing with iPhone and Mac apps, and if you have a Windows computer you can access notes on the web. It is fast. The recent addition of checklist facilities has made a good app even better. I have migrated to it from a more sophisticated, slower and sometimes buggy app which has become more cumbersome over the years, and it does all most people will need. What more can one ask?
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the lovely review! 🙌
- Automattic, Inc.
- 17 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Automattic
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.