Manage or create your WordPress blog or website right from your iOS device: create and edit posts and pages, upload your favourite photos and videos, view stats and reply to comments.
With WordPress for iOS, you have the power to publish in the palm of your hand. Draft a spontaneous haiku from the couch. Snap and post a photo on your lunch break. Respond to your latest comments, or check your stats to see what new countries today’s visitors are coming from.
WordPress for iOS is an Open Source project, which means you too can contribute to its development. Learn more at https://apps.wordpress.com/contribute/.
WordPress for iOS supports WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress.org sites running WordPress 4.0 or higher.
Need help with the app? Visit the forums at https://wordpress.org/support/forum/mobile/ or tweet us @WordPressiOS.
View the Privacy Notice for California Users at https://automattic.com/privacy/#california-consumer-privacy-act-ccpa.
Buckle up, this update’s a doozy. Let’s start with Site Media.
- We updated the Site Media screen design with better menus, file selection and sharing, and more. It even runs faster—no more jerky GIFs or stalled-out videos.
- You can use the pan gesture to select multiple media files at once. It’s also easier to swipe from one photo to another, change metadata, and delete items.
- On iPad, you can switch between square image previews and aspect ratio.
- We fixed issues with blank placeholder images, incorrect messages, document sharing, and occasional crashes.
We’re not done yet. We also made big changes to Posts & Pages.
- The Posts & Pages screen got a facelift with clean, simple display options.
- Use more advanced search features, like author and tag filters, to find the content you’d like to edit. Search also works across all authors (unless, of course, you want content from one specific person.)
- Use swipe actions to view, share, or delete posts and pages. Sweet.
- The context menu now lets you access comments, settings, and other actions for a post or page.
- We fixed issues with page refreshes and visibility, as well as a handful of crashes.
Finally, we fixed a handful of pesky problems across the app.
- The app now recognizes when you’ve finished uploading a GIF. (monty-burns-excellent.gif)
- “Hidden” posts now have a better description for their privacy status.
- The reader now scrolls to the top when you tap the status bar. Up, up, and away.
- The Menus screen properly creates menu items based on top-level pages.
- We fixed a crash related to using text colors in older site themes.
- You shouldn’t run into any errors when you paste deeply nested content. Much like onions, ogres, cakes, or parfaits, your content can have many layers.
Ratings and Reviews
A must-have app for anyone with a site
I was sceptical about Wordpress on iOS at first but I shouldn’t have been. It has most - if not all - of the features that the desktop dashboard has, with the link to WP Admin directly on the app. This is great if you’re travelling light because all you really need is an iPad. Somethings are better kept to a laptop or desktop, but if you need to do some light publishing on-the-go then there’s nothing wrong with it. If you aren’t too confident at SEO then the WP Admin site or the desktop dashboard is better, as Yoast SEO doesn’t seem to work on the mobile version (at least for me). If you have a blog, or a site that you publish to regularly, you might even consider the switch for that added mobility...
Lacks too many essential functions.
Unfortunately, the iOS app doesn’t offer any of the functionality of the Gutenberg blocks meaning that even after I abandoned the use of third-party plug-ins (which required a total redesign of my site) I cannot design posts with the structural or aesthetic qualities that I could, whilst using the browser. Another function that I find highly useful for an efficient. Workflow is the use of block patterns that can be selected from the editor in the browser. I have even designed my own custom patterns, which I can access from the editor in the browser. Unfortunately, the iOS app doesn’t offer block pattern functionality of any kind, which means that in order to create posts with the structure and look that I have designed, I would be required to manually insert each block which is incredibly time consuming and defeats the purpose of creating a block patterns in the first place. This means that rather than saving time and making it possible to work anywhere, I can only draft posts, which I would then have to remake once I get to a desktop computer… Or I would have to log in through my mobile browser in order to access the block patterns and other features from the Gutenberg editor. Either way, the iOS app is irrelevant and unuseful for my purposes. A notepad provides about as much functionality.
App just gets worse!
Update: every time I upload a photo into a post on my iPad pro then go to edit the post on a computer all the images have moved from the center to the left hand side-incredibly frustrating when you have several pictures in a post, I have to make sure all the pictures are in the post before I move them to the center so adding a picture later is now impossible!!
I frequently use this app to quickly update my posts or reply to comments, I can't fault the comments but trying to access the correct post is a nightmare. I have almost 300 posts but when I search for the one I need it never finds anything, so I have to scroll through the whole list (with the unnecessarily large pictures so it takes longer) to find the one I want. Maybe we could have a month posted button so we can find a post that we need from the month it was posted?
And when I finally get to update I usually have to add pictures which since updating has become another problem, I can add a picture then the bar to add another disappears so I have to save and go back (and refind the post because it always goes right back to the top)
So much hassle!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Automattic, Inc.
- 205.1 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2023 Automattic Inc.