Privacy, simplified. Protect your data as you search and browse: tracker blocking, smarter encryption, private search and more.
Tired of being tracked online? We can help. At DuckDuckGo, we believe online privacy should be simple.
DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser has the speed you need, the browsing features you expect (like tabs & bookmarks), and comes packed with best-in-class privacy essentials:
• Tap Fire Button, Burn Data — clear all your tabs and browsing data with one tap.
• Escape Online Tracking — automatically block hidden third-party trackers we can find lurking on websites you visit, which stops the companies behind those trackers from collecting and selling your data.
• Search Privately — our private search engine comes built-in so you can search the Internet without being tracked.
• Enforce Encryption — force sites to use an encrypted (HTTPS) connection where available, protecting your data from prying eyes, like from unwanted snoopers and Internet service providers.
• Decode Privacy — each site you visit gets a Privacy Grade (A-F) so you can see how protected you are at a glance, and you can even dig into the details to see who we caught trying to track you.
• Signal Your Privacy Preference With GPC — built into the browser, Global Privacy Control (GPC) intends to help you express your legal opt-out rights automatically. This will tell websites not to sell or share your personal information under future legal frameworks (e.g., CCPA, GDPR) in various states or countries.
• Limit Access — secure your browser with Touch ID or Face ID.
About Us: https://duckduckgo.com/about/
Device Privacy: https://spreadprivacy.com/tag/device-privacy-tips/
Privacy Newsletter: https://duckduckgo.com/newsletter
Open Source: https://github.com/duckduckgo/iOS
• On iPhone you can now adjust the text size of websites for better legibility.
• Tired of AMP links? Now we automatically change them to the original publisher's web address.
• Bug fixes and other improvements.
Join our fully distributed team and help raise the standard of trust online — from anywhere! https://duckduckgo.com/hiring
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app
I love this app!! I was shocked to see the companies that were trying to track me when I went onto my different sites (uni portal/ shopping websites)
It drives me nuts that websites don’t let you browse without wanting to “add cookies” and track your every move! I never accept them but it is hard to get around sometimes.
On here you see little symbols at the top of the page of the companies trying to track you, then you see a line through them to show they’ve been blocked.
I don’t even use Facebook so was disgusted to see they were trying to track me. I was really irritated because I don’t use “social” media for a reason, so why they are tracking clothing and uni websites ... I don’t know.
I’ve told my partner about it and he’s downloaded the app and I’m going to keep raving about it to everyone. Privacy is so important to me and I’m glad there’s finally an app that protects my info.
I have only just switched to DuckDuckGo as I read an article about google an what they can actually see an do an watch it sickened me at the thought of google being able to access just on me one person, the amount of info they have alone on myself is scary I don’t like that thought.. my daughter for a very long time has told me to be very careful with what I say an do through my phone? I was more concerned for my daughter thinking she was acting very cautious sometimes paranoid as she would turn her phone of when getting undressed or if she wanted to speak to me about something private her phone would be switched of but now after finding out what google can access just of myself my daughter isn’t the one that’s being to cautious.. I’ve noticed that everything an anything I talk about with my friends or something I listen to on the tv will for sure show up on my phone at some point that makes me think it was just a coincidence but it’s actually not there’s no such thing as a coincidence!! This made me want to switch over from google to DuckDuckGo...
Absolutely brilliant… downloaded it, went to one of my favourite sites, and was told that blasted facebook was trying to track me. I have never had an account with the data grabbing lunatics. What I would like to know is if I could transfer all the data from my DuckDuckGo from safari, as I have settings on there that are not available on the app. Apart from that, I would like to give more stars, and if you are thinking about asking to pay for the app, I am well up for that as well.
Dopey me found out how to load my settings from safari, now it is an even better app. There is probably somewhere where I can make a donation, but me being dopey as well as daft, cannot find it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Duck Duck Go, Inc.
- 46.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © DuckDuckGo
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.