Onion Browser is the original free and open-source Tor-powered web browser for iOS. Onion Browser helps you access the internet with more safety and privacy, and no extra cost to you.
“The best Tor-related offering on iOS right now is Onion Browser” - The Daily Dot, October 14, 2015.
Featured in: The New York Times, The Guardian, Salon, TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Boing Boing, Lifehacker, Macworld, The Daily Dot, & others.
• Browse the internet over Tor:
- Protect your privacy from website tracking
- Secure your traffic from insecure wireless networks and ISPs
- Support for HTTPS Everywhere, an automatic switch to HTTPS enabled websites
- Access .onion sites that are only accessible over Tor.
• Fight online tracking: block scripts and automatically clear cookies and tabs, based on your preferences.
• And more privacy-enhancing features!
- Web browsing is much slower than through a normal web browser or a VPN because your traffic is encrypted and relayed through the Tor network.
- Multimedia often bypass Tor and compromise your privacy; video files and video streams are blocked by default and are not supported by Onion Browser.
- Onion Browser might not work on networks with advanced network restrictions. If the app does not connect, try using bridges (or a different type of bridge), force-quit, and then restart the app.
- Use of Onion Browser is at your own risk; remember that sensitive data does not always belong on a mobile device.
** Onion Browser is free and open-source software. You can read more about Onion Browser and how to support development of Tor on iOS by visiting onionbrowser.com **
- New browsing chrome
- Improved iPad support
- New landing page
- Bookmarks with favicons
- New Tor circuit display
- Security level presets
- New tab overview
- Tor updated to 0.4.0.6
- Updated OBFS4 server list
- Fixed issue with Content-Security-Header nonce and hash values which broke a lot of sites.
- Localization updates
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I wanted to report these as bugs, but the ‘Report Bug’ function not working just so happens to be one of those bugs.
The other is that the instructions for disabling scripts tells you to go to ‘Default Settings’ in the Settings Menu. As you can even see in the above screenshots, there is no such thing.
Works great however
For me the recapcha doesn’t work, on my MacBook using tor I can just cmd shift L for a new circuit which usually solves the problem, but no option here for that. So when I google something and the captcha pops up I’m screwed because it doesn’t load up. Have to restart the app. Apart from that all is good. Note though I’d always try stick to the actual tor browser downloaded on your computer rather than the app.
Just 1 thing needed
This app is almost perfect, but can you allow the browser to stream audio, there's a radio station on the dark web that I want to listen too, but the audio doesn't work with the browser, so please allow streaming.
- Mike Tigas
- 85.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Albanian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Irish, Japanese, Macedonian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2012-2020 Tigas Ventures, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Small Onion Browser Tip £0.99
- Medium Onion Browser Tip £4.99
- Large Onion Browser Tip £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.