eDrawings® Pro is the professional 2D and 3D CAD collaboration app for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch that can view native SolidWorks® files (part, assembly, drawings), eDrawings files and DraftSight® (DWG™, DXF™) files. You can easily view models and access configurations, drawing sheets, and exploded views for eDrawings files published from SolidWorks and all other supported CAD software.
Markup! Measure! Section! eDrawings® Pro takes you to the next level of 2D and 3D collaboration with more functionality, including dynamic cross section views, measurements, markups & annotations and the unique ability to share it all by email!
eDrawings includes Augmented Reality (AR). This allows you to view your 3D models in 1:1 scale into the real world. By simply activating the device’s camera, you can bring your virtual 3D designs in a real context and see them in situ, sitting on your desk or on your conference room table or even in the palm of your hand, through your iPad, Pad mini, iPhone or iPod Touch’s screen. Move around the room and see your design from any perspective.
With an intuitive user interface, eDrawings® Pro enables you to dynamically view cross sections of your models in XY, YZ, or ZX directions from both sides and easily drag the cross section plane on screen or with a convenient slider. You can also measure distances in your designs, with easy-to-use selection filters for faces, edges, vertices and holes.
With eDrawings® Pro you can create markups on your drawings, including text notes, freehand notations, dimensions, cross-section views, photos and camera snapshots.
You can share your marked up eDrawings files with others for review and further comments. All markups with history are saved within the eDrawings file.
* Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface
* Visualize your 3D models in real context with Augmented Reality (AR)
* Open 3D (EASM, EPRT, SLDASM, SLDPRT), 2D (EDRW, SLDDRW, DWG, DXF) and associated files from any source: email attachments, cloud storage services (Dropbox™, SkyDrive®, Google Drive, YouSendIt®, and others), email, web and FTP sites, networks, and iTunes® File Sharing
* Zoom, pan, and rotate your 3D and 2D CAD data using multi-touch
* Browse your assembly components tree, model configurations and drawing sheets
* Hide, show, or make components transparent
* Select View mode: standard orthogonal views, shaded with edges, perspective view
* Play animated 3D standard views as well as 2D drawing views
* View your designs in full screen and double tap to fit it on screen
* Double tap zooms to drawing views
* Markup your designs and send to others and read others’ markups
* Measure your design data
* View cross sections of your 3D designs, even in AR mode
* Adapt the scale of your 3D model in AR mode
* Freeze the background in AR mode with viewpoint lock to prolong AR experience without holding up your device.
* Sample files included
For more information, visit:
Support for SolidWorks 2019 File Format
Ratings and Reviews
Waste of money
I have used the free version of this app for a while, but had a specific job that required the ability to turn the layers of a 2d drawing on or off. The free app does not allow this, but I was sure such a basic feature would be included in the £10 version. Wrong! Completely pointless purchase, and complete waste of money.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for getting in touch regarding the app. If you have time, Can you provide some further information by creating a Service request on below link:
eDrawings Support Team.
I’ve yet to get this to work.
iPad Pro... it crashes every time. It’s a shame because I use pc based E drawings and solidworks and would love the option to view files on my iPad..
Paid for this too.. money wasted..
Don't bother use the free one
Waste of money, typical solidworks bring something out without testing it, just like the real solidworks.
Stick with the free one. The mark up: does not mark diameters, only displays m, can't draw straight line.
The reason I bought this was so I could change the display state it did not work, it was only a assembly with 13 parts also it came up with a memory warning, I was using an ipad mini.
Unless you want to measure I would stick with the free version.
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
- 203 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 1999-2019 Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.