eDrawings® is the only CAD viewer on iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod Touch that allows you to view native eDrawings files as well as native SolidWorks® parts, assemblies and drawings files. In addition, eDrawings allows convenient viewing of DWG and DXF files.
eDrawings includes Augmented Reality (AR). This allows you to view your 3D models in 1:1 scale into the real world. By simply activating the device’s camera, you can bring your virtual 3D designs in a real context and see them in situ, sitting on your desk or on your conference room table or even in the palm of your hand, through your iPad, Pad mini, iPhone or iPod Touch’s screen. Move around the room and see your design from any perspective.
eDrawings is the email-enabled communication tool that dramatically eases sharing of product design information. You can load and send files via email to collaborate more effectively with everyone involved in product development, including people who are not regular CAD software users to interpret and understand 2D and 3D designs.
Multi-touch gestures let you pan, zoom, and rotate models easily. eDrawings also supports configurations, drawing sheets, and exploded views for eDrawings files published from SolidWorks® and all other supported CAD software.
* Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface
* Visualize your 3D models in real context with Augmented Reality (AR)
* Open 3D (EASM, EPRT, SLDASM, SLDPRT, IGES, IGS, JT, STEP, STP, IFC), 2D (EDRW, SLDDRW, DWG, DXF) and associated files from any source: email attachments, cloud storage services (Dropbox™, SkyDrive®, Google Drive, YouSendIt®, and others), web and FTP sites, networks, and iTunes® File Sharing.
* Zoom, pan and rotate your 2D or 3D CAD data using multi-touch
* Animate 3D standard views as well as 2D drawing views.
* Browse your assembly components tree, configurations and drawing sheets
* View your designs in full screen and double tap to fit it on screen
* Adapt the scale of your 3D model in AR mode
* Freeze the background in AR mode with viewpoint lock to prolong AR experience without holding up your device.
* Sample files included
For more information, visit:
Fix frozen or blank scene
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Missing plenty of options.
Considering that this is the first version it isn't bad. However it is missing a good number of viewing options that the desktop version has. For instance, hiding parts, viewing in transparent/wireframe, perspective etc aren't included. Considering the desktop version is free to download, you'd expect a version that you pay £1.49 for would have this functionality. Hopefully we'll see these soon in an update.
Downloaded this and found it worked well and good value for money.
Using on iphone 6+ so models are clear and easy to zoom pan rotate.
Only down side i found was that you could not file the models anywhere.. They are just in one long list.
After a day i up graded to edawings pro so that i could section and measure and rotate. Not sure it is worth the extra and there is no upgrade saving route from edrawings to edrawings pro. You have to pay full price for pro.
Overall would still recommend for anyone who needs to reference models without carrying a lap top.
It's not obvious how to load eDrawings into the app (you have to email them to yourself) a clue in the help screen would be helpful!
It has the odd problem with transparency which causes complex assemblies to flicker a bit - but not a show stopper.
My iPad (IPad 1, 64Gb) keeps reporting memory low in the app - but it doesn't stop it working. How about only reporting errors on screen if they are going to cause a problem? It would make the user experience better - particularly if you are using it as a presentation tool.
On the whole, I'm very impressed.
How about writing a thin client drawing editor? I can use SW via LogMeIn and it works fairly well. Some sort of subscription based thin client where most of the processing happens remotely and the iPad is just viewing the results would be very useful!
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
- 140 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 1999-2020 Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.