Reading Eggs Eggy Words 100 is a FREE application designed to help children recognise and learn sight words. Sight words are words that readers should know automatically “at sight”, such as he, the, was and where. This is a sample version of what is featured in Eggy Words 250. You will receive access to the first 100 of 250 sight words using a fun and motivating game to keep kids learning.
Also available in the app store
- Reading Eggs Eggy Words 250 includes 10 levels with 25 words each, making a total of 250 sight words.
Learning to read is an important milestone in every child’s life. Knowing these sight words makes fluent reading easier, which lets the brain focus on the real enjoyment of reading
– comprehension – understanding and enjoying what you read.
Eggs Words is brought to you by the team behind the popular educational website Reading Eggs. Developed by educators with more than 20 years experience, the program comes highly recommended by parents and teachers worldwide.
- 4 levels with 25 words in each, making a total of 100 sight words.
- Fun and motivating game suitable for children aged 3+ years
- Most common, highest frequency words are introduced first
- Multisensory approach - combining voice and written words
- Choice of accents – Australia, English, United States
- Flying eggs with the correct word to be swiped
- 3 lives per level
- Lives are lost when bad eggs, distractions and wrong words are swiped
- Mini eggs provide extra lives
- Jigsaw eggs build a surprise jigsaw
- The word is spelt at the end of each lesson
- Egg ratings to be earned for every level
- Egg critters with unique animations hatch at the end of a level
- Bonus level with 100 golden eggs
- Trophies earned for completing 25 levels
“This is a wonderful app for learning sight words. My daughter loves it!”
“ Just like with Reading Eggs, my son uses this app independently all the time and finds it fun to play.”
“A motivational game to help your child remember their sight words.”
Updated for 64-bit compatibility.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app - please allow multiple users - that would make it 5 star
The kids love it, I love it. However...... I have twins learning to read, it's a bit hard for them both to use this app. If it were possible to have multiple users (four kids learning to read in my family) it would be perfect.
Won't hold their interest
The concept is good but this will not hold the interest of 3-4 years olds. The success rate is poor. There are too many interesting diversions such as the flying pig and a smiley egg, when you are only supposed to hit 'a'! Who wants 'a' when the graphics of other things are so much better? 'a' is a low interest word too. The eggs fly in every direction, not just the reading direction. They go too fast at times. I could hardly read them when they got too fast and small. I won't use it with my three year old.
Sorry, I don't get this? You can choose an English accent and you are then presented with 'a'. We don't teach the children alphabet names in England, we teach phonics, so no use. I tried it and was confused (instructions are poor), nobody told me not to hit the pig!
- Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- 80.8 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Blake eLearning 2012
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.