Used by over 20 million children, this app features alphabet games, spelling games, phonics activities, word puzzles, nursery rhymes, and over 3,500 e-books for kids.
Reading Eggs is the multi-award winning learning program that helps children learn to read. Based on scientific research and designed by experienced primary teachers, it’s proven to help kids learn to read using interactive reading games, guided reading lessons and over 3,500 e-books.
Reading Eggs includes British-English spelling and pronunciation, making it an ideal choice for children in the United Kingdom.
Access all our premium learning programs for up to four children:
• Reading Eggs Junior (ages 2–4): Toddlers build pre-reading skills such as phonemic awareness and alphabet knowledge with fun activities, games, videos and read-aloud books.
• Reading Eggs (ages 3-7): Children take their first steps in learning to read, covering phonics, sight words, spelling, vocabulary and comprehension.
• Fast Phonics (ages 5–10): A systematic, synthetic phonics program to help emergent and struggling readers build key phonics skills.
• Reading Eggspress (ages 7-13): Continues the learning journey by helping children learn to read for meaning and enjoyment.
• Mathseeds (ages 3–9): Develops essential early numeracy skills, covering numbers, measurement, shapes, patterns and more.
ABOUT THE READING EGGS LEARN TO READ APP
• TRUSTED: used in over 12,000 schools and trusted by primary educators.
• SELF-PACED: children are matched to the perfect level and progress with self-paced, one-on-one lessons.
• HIGHLY MOTIVATING: the reward system consists of golden eggs, collectable pets and games, motivating children to keep learning.
• RESEARCH-BASED: based on scientific research and the most up-to-date learning principles on the most effective way children learn to read.
• COMPREHENSIVE: Reading Eggs is a complete learn to read system for children aged 2–13 and covers the five essential components of reading: phonics, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, fluency and comprehension.
• PROVEN RESULTS: our hundreds of testimonials, multiple awards and 91% success rate gives you the confidence in knowing that your child will learn to read using the most effective and results-driven online reading curriculum.
• SEE REAL PROGRESS: see instant results in your very own parent dashboard and receive detailed progress reports, which show you exactly where your child is improving and where extra attention is needed.
• LEARN TO READ ON THE GO! Your child can learn to read anytime, anywhere on a desktop or tablet device.
Users must log in with their account details to access Reading Eggs.
• Wireless internet connection
• iPad (5th Generation), iPad Air 2, iPad Pro 1st Generation
• iPad Mini 4
• iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE (1st Generation
• iOS 12.2+
• An active trial or subscription
Recommended devices and iOS version:
• Latest iPad, Latest iPad Air, Latest iPad Pro
• Latest iPad Mini
• Latest iPhone
• Latest iOS Version
Note: Teacher accounts are currently not supported
For assistance or feedback email: email@example.com
• Each Reading Eggs and Mathseeds subscription provides access to Reading Eggs Junior, Reading Eggs, Fast Phonics, Reading Eggspress and Mathseeds
• Each Reading Eggs subscription provides access to Reading Eggs Junior, Reading Eggs, Fast Phonics and Reading Eggspress
• The first month of a monthly subscription is free
• Subscriptions renew automatically; your App Store account will be charged unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Cancel anytime in your App Store account settings
Terms and Conditions: http://readingeggs.co.uk/terms/
We’ve sprayed a few bugs and cleared out the cobwebs to help make your child’s learning journey even more egg-cellent!
The Reading Eggs Learn to Read app features hundreds of fun reading, spelling and alphabet games, along with phonics activities, word puzzles and over 3,500 e-books for your little Eggsplorer to enjoy! The app includes Reading Eggs Junior (for toddlers and preschoolers), Fast Phonics (covers key phonics skills in depth), Reading Eggspress (covers spelling and comprehension) and Mathseeds (for early mathematics skills).
Ratings and Reviews
A really good app
This app has its flaws, which is fine - it’s not superhuman, or created by a superhuman? Despite these, which are only in some of the words offered without deep enough explanation and maybe the method of a ‘magic e’, it’s great for kids who aren’t as purely visual. What I mean is it displays a method of multi-media (whilst being all in one place) so your child can learn in different ways and games. The maths leaves a bit to be desired as the questions require some reading at a level that doesn’t match up with the same age (that could use looking at), but all in all, it’s really benefitted my daughter. She’s not purely visual and needs a varied stimulus to grasp onto things easily. It’s certainly enabled me to move more efficiently and fairly between here and my other three children (all different abilities, ages and curriculums) this lockdown, where my time has been stretched with home schooling. I don’t want to neglect one child to the others detriment.
Her reading is really coming on and it has increased her confidence. We will continue to use it and I may use it with my youngest as and when the time comes if I think it’ll benefit his style of learning too?
Great Learning but Flawed Tech.
I have used the Reading Eggs app with various children over a number of years so I know it to have good content that children enjoy and can enable successful learning. However, it is often let down by technical bugs that lead to frustration (not what you want with a child you’re trying to motivate to read!). This is compounded by the fact that there is no easy way of reporting persistent bugs so that they might be quickly rectified - if anything, there is only resistance or refusal from Reading Eggs’ technical team.
The app has many aspects (Reading Eggs, Reading Eggspress, Fast Phonics, MathSeeds and an extensive library are some that I’ve taken advantage of), so it offers excellent value for money. I would suggest to the developers though that the older aspects, such as Reading Eggspress, could benefit from a more mature format, with fewer repetitive noises and animated distractions (which might otherwise motivate younger users).
Altogether, although a much liked/used app, I’m fearful that it’s going to become defunct to the other more technically reliable and crisper offerings currently flooding the market - I’m not sure Reading Eggs will be able to keep up sadly :(
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for leaving a review.
We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing technical issues when using our app. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org advising us of your registered email address so we investigate further.
We really appreciate and take on board all of the feedback received from our customers. When you email us regarding the technical issues seen, if you could elaborate further on the feedback already provided, we would really appreciate it.
My 4yr old loves this after a few weeks of playing it and could happily play on it all day!!
She sees it more as a game rather than actual learning which is all you want, as a parent.. She thinks it’s very fun, funny and engaging.
Initially she was a little annoyed it was so basic because she knew the letters and frustrated by the repetition of doing the games again and again before reaching the next level, but it didn’t last too long & now she’s on level 7 already in a couple of weeks 😊
The only problem that we have sometimes is the sound cutting out, so I then have to help her a little more to know what she needs to do because it doesn’t say what she needs to do. Usually it doesn’t last long after a couple of levels, or reloading the app. But still a mild annoyance. Well worth the price though! It’s really helping her learn to read well and quickly change through books at school which she recently started a month and a half ago. She’s focused on the reading section and we haven’t tried the maths section and my 14month old is a little young to try the younger section, but we’ll soon try them out too!
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks for leaving a review :) .If you email email@example.com with your account information we can get the sound issue looked at for you.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- 234.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Blake eLearning
- In-App Purchases
- Reading Eggs+Mathseeds Monthly £9.99
- Reading Eggs Monthly £6.99
- Reading Eggs+Mathseeds Yearly £79.99
- Reading Eggs Yearly £54.99