Featured 170 times on App Store category pages!
Comes with Ableton Link synchronization and Ableton Live Set Export.
Machinedrum: "It's awesome, a lot of fun to work with and very easy to get something going. I love the sound presets too.“
Funkstörung:"Fantastic sounding, great fun to play with, a must have for live performances!"
Palm Sounds: "I have to say that I've been completely impressed by this iPhone drum machine. In terms of sound, in terms of design, and in terms of functionality. It is amazing."
Keyboards: „An extremely flexible beatbox with tons of character."
CDM: "Finally, Your Pocket Gets a Perfect Drum Synth: Elastic Drums for iPhone."
iOS Music&You: "Highly, highly recommended."
Elastic Drums is a music app showcasing an interactive drum kit, that enables to create a huge range of rhythmic grids, ranging from classical analog drumkits up to experimental soundscapes.
It contains six channels of high quality synthesized drum sounds, a step sequencer and 4 effect channels. All important control parameters are automatable. The result: Elastic drum composition with a unique character!
- 6 synth channels with 13 different percussion synth engines (kick, snare, hihat, clap, tom, wobble, fm, fm4, square, grain, synth, drone, sampler)
- 12 parameters for each synth engine
- automation for each parameter via knob recording or velocity
- 4 send effect channels with 2x13 mono effects and 2x11 stereo effects
- automation for all of the 8 possible effect parameters via xy pad
- master effects (stutter, delay, compressor ...)
- 16 step sequencer for the 6 channels, each with it's own tempo multiplier & length
- record audio and export to Soundcloud or Audioshare
- email audio recordings and presets
- Audiobus, Audiobus Remote, Inter-App Audio and Ableton Link support
- Midi learn/Midi implementation of the most important parameters
Because all sounds get generated in realtime, the app is cpu heavy! iPhones 5 and greater can handle it with no problem, on iPhone 4s effects 3 and 4 get switched off by the engine automatically to save some cpu power. iPhone 4 and iPad1 are NOT recommended!
Elastic Drums is published by MoMinstruments, the instruments app label of Mouse on Mars and friends.
- Bugfix: Midi Sync in is working again
- Bugfix: Crashed when moving an empty pattern to an empty pattern
Ratings and Reviews
This is super.
It's called Elastic Drums because you can elasticate every drum/voice/synth. Beautiful interface and once you get the hang of it's brilliant automation facilities (what a word!) it becomes immense. But like a lot of iOS apps, it's more about what you don't play...the precious space is often taken up with washes and essing. But that's true of lots of PC/Mac synths too.
Makes my commutes fun
Absolutely blazing app. Really fast to get to grips with and incredibly powerful too. Can be a great way of making loops which you could even use in other apps such as Launchpad should you wish. Really fun to live jam straight on this app, and I’ve had no issues syncing to external hardware either. Sound quality is what you make it - pristine if you want it but there are plenty of options to obliterate a sound and get some absolutely raucous filth flowing.
Very good drum machine
I’ve been using this excellent drum machine for a couple of years and the updates are fantastic. The randomness features are on point and allow users to randomise individual patterns and / or instruments allowing for quick generation of appealing rhythms and unique sounds that can then be tuned and developed into exciting drum tracks. The well thought out export functions then allow multi-stem drops into AudioShare. Outstanding!
- Oliver Greschke
- 163.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Oliver Greschke
- In-App Purchases
- Sample Import £3.99
- App-Sound kit £1.99
- Futuristic synths £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.