Feeddler was first released in 2010, a few days before the first-generation iPad release. Feeddler has been one of the most popular RSS readers for iPhone and iPad and has been picked as a top news app by numerous media over the years.
* "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" - featured by Apple
* "Cleanest and most user-friendly interface" - iPhone Life Magazine
* "Essential iPad Apps" - Gizmodo
* "10 Must Have iPad Apps" - Cool Tricks N Tips
* ... and many more
Feeddler is a fast and highly customizable RSS Reader client that stays perfect sync with RSS services and presents RSS stories in an easy-to-read interface. Feeddler is a universal app that supports iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads.
* Syncs with AOL Reader (optional account, free).
* Syncs with Bazqux Reader (optional account, 30-day free trial).
* Syncs with FeedHQ (optional account, , 30-day free trial, will support self-hosting).
* Syncs with Feedly (optional account, free).
* Syncs with InoReader (optional account, free).
* Syncs with The Old Reader (optional account, free).
* Supports multiple accounts.
* Supports feed management - add/delete/rename/sort subscriptions and folders.
* Caches RSS articles and images for offline reading
* Able to set up each subscription to open articles directly in RSS, full text mode, or web (online only).
* Able to mark all items as read for any RSS subscription or mark only loaded items as read.
* Able to mark items as read based on date or automatically mark items as read while user scrolling headlines.
* Able to show only feeds/folders with unread items.
* Swipe RSS articles for navigation, and pinch articles to change font size.
* Save/Share/Zoom images by tapping-and-holding or pinching images.
* Save/Share web pages by tapping-and-holding any links.
* Save/Share articles by tapping-and-holding any articles shown on the preview list.
* Supports Evernote to save any RSS articles, web pages, images, and PDF without leaving the app.
* E-mail sharing with optional default recipients.
* Copy-and-paste titles, links, or full articles.
* Full text mode using Readability.
* Lots of UI customization options including summary preview and the comfortable night mode.
More features in the Pro version:
+ Supports landscape mode on iPhone.
+ Supports keyword search to find and add feeds.
+ Sync all subscriptions, or sync subscriptions in a folder for offline reading.
+ Sync options: sync all feeds or unread items only, sync from last sync, days or weeks. For faster syncing, use "Unread only" + "FromLastSync."
+ No ads
If you like Feeddler, please consider writing positive reviews on the App Store. We keep adding features, fixing bugs, and improving app performance. Please send us feedback at email@example.com. Thanks for your support.
Follow us on Twitter @feeddler.
Supports iOS 12, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.
Ratings and Reviews
I use this daily
I used to waste a lot of time going to and from the same sites using safari to check for updates. RSS is a tech I had avoided, tried 3 other apps before this which were fiddly and poorly adapted to the iPad format.
I had no trouble with any of the app's features, however it would be great to integrate it with a search for RSS on favourite sites. Some sites have their feeds tucked away where they are hard to find, it's a pain to have to use safari trawl through the site in search of the feed icons, copying the URL and pasting it into the add feed popup.... That's work and this should be easier! My only complaint about this app really.
Of course maybe I missed something and there's an easier way... Like a wizard maybe?
I've been looking for an RSS reader that integrates with my Google Reader account so that I can keep up to date with my feeds across my iPad, iPhone and iMac. I've tried loads, and they've never quite come up to scratch or done what I want. Feeddler is different - it just works. It syncs with my Google account like lightning, and lets me see all my feeds in one place. I can either look at each feed individually, see all new items in a folder, or see the global view of all new items in my account. Switching between iPad and iPhone is easy, Google remembers my current state so that i can just carry on. Definitely the best RSS reader I've tried so far! Hopefully it'll just carry on getting better over time.
Pretty good, but not perfect
Having used various blogging platforms on both the PC and my iPhone, this is good but not great. The platform itself is stable, easy to set up and simple to navigate around, but compared to the one I use on my phone, is very short on features.
Pictures cannot be positioned within the text, or formatted at all - they just automatically appear at the bottom of the post (and are often too big for the text and "overhang" the page when posted, and there's no options to format your text at all - no italics, no bold or underline.
In short, it's great at the basic stuff, but could do with some additional features being added.
- Che-Bin Liu
- 21.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © C.B. Liu
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.