Ferrite is the award-winning app you need for creating podcasts, radio journalism, or other professional voice production work — lectures, speeches, voiceovers and more.
It combines the ease-of-use of a “voice memo” audio recorder, with a versatile multi-track editing studio. Powerful tools like effects and automation are available when you need them. With its time-saving features and a UI designed to get out of your way, people around the world are switching to Ferrite.
— Streamlined Recording —
Open Ferrite and with just one tap you’re recording. No fuss, and it won't break a sweat even with hours-long sessions. Just make sure your device has enough free space!
Recording an interview and you want to highlight a few quotes? Have to take out some inappropriate language? Or just fluffed a sentence and need to fix it? Bookmark moments during your recording and they’ll be flagged up during edits, so you can jump right to them.
Monitor levels with live recording meters, or listen through headphones. Tag your audio to find it quickly later. And of course you can import audio from your Music Library, iCloud, and other services such as Dropbox.
Please note: the free version has limited duration for recording & editing projects. Upgrade to Pro and you can edit projects up to 24 hours long!
— Editing is a Snip —
Ferrite features full multi-track editing, from quick cuts, to producing a complete podcast or broadcast package. Zoom out to see hours at a glance, or zoom in all the way down to individual samples.
Take a single clip, or a bunch, and arrange them in an editing project: move, crop, slice, fade in and out, or crossfade between clips just by overlapping them. You have full control over each track’s volume and panning, and can Mute or Solo as needed.
And best of all, you needn’t fear trying out changes: Ferrite has great Undo/Redo — even if you quit the app and come back a month later, you can still undo all the way back to the moment you created your project!
— Advanced Features —
Need more? Ferrite also includes:
• Automatic ducking: set tracks to “duck under” others (e.g. ducking music behind voiceovers).
• Strip Silence: Carves away all the silent sections from a recording, making it easy to edit the remaining audio.
• (iPad only) Split View and Slide Over support: Use Ferrite side-by-side with other apps. Recording a narration? Open another app with your script and place Ferrite down the side of the screen. Or open the User Guide in Safari on one side while you learn Ferrite on the other.
With a single In-App Purchase, you can unlock many additional tools, including:
• Record up to 8 channels at once (with iOS 13 and compatible audio interface)
• Prepare your audio for production with Noise Reduction and Auto Levelling.
• Add professional effects to your tracks such as EQ, Noise Gate and Dynamic Range Compression, for projects that sound clean and engaging.
• Automate volume, panning and effects settings so they vary over time, both on individual tracks and the final mix.
• Tighten Audio can automatically take out awkward pauses and gaps.
• Producing a podcast or series? Create a template to get each new episode off to a flying start.
• Found the perfect settings for an effect or tool? Save them as a Preset for re-use in other projects.
• Audio Unit Extensions: if you have other apps installed that provide effects as Audio Unit Extensions, they’ll show up in Ferrite, where you can add them to tracks or projects.
Note: Split View and Slide Over require a recent iPad. Please see our support pages for more details on compatibility. Maximum number of tracks available depends on the speed of your device.
• Enhanced for iOS 14/iPad OS 14
• Various user-experience & reliability improvements
Note: Ferrite 2.6 continues to work with iOS/iPad OS 13, but new features require iOS 14/iPad OS 14 or later.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Full integration with Luma Fusion would be excellent
Very good audio editing app, full integration with Luma Fusion would make it excellent.
Ferrite is For Everyone.
When I first installed this App, soon after its launch, I did so as the Developer appeared to have gone to great lengths to make the App accessible to those of us using Voiceover. I wanted to support his efforts.
I remember writing to him, at the time, asking him what his driver was for making the App accessible, as a distinct focus toward accessibility was rarer then that it seems to be now. His answer was that it was in his view the right thing to do.
Then, to my shame, I overlooked Ferrite, always going with the easy option transferring audio to my desktop for editing using an app which is totally familiar to me.
That is, until a couple of days ago, when I had no choice, a project to complete whilst on the road with no desktop alternative available.
I duly read the comprehensive user guide, a must, and set to work and to my utter delight, was able to accomplish everything I needed to.
Once I’d got to grips with the App, realised that for my requirements at least, there is nothing I can’t do in Ferrite that I would using my Desktop alternative, So much so, that I think I’ll pass on the desktop upgrade which has recently become available.
Ferrite takes some getting used to when using VO, but you’ll find that if you persist, persistence will pay off.
Finally, the in App purchases are well worth the investment in my view, especially if you intend editing audio on a regular basis.
An absolutely brilliant and essential app
This is an amazing app that deserves much wider attention. It’s not just a brilliant replacement for the Voice Memos app but also for recording podcasts, music and anyting you might use a portable microphone for.
The free version has a really powerful feature set and the pro verion is…well, for pros and those who want the ultimate flexibility and control when it comes to multiple audio tracks and editing etc.
What really sets this app apart is not just the features but also the design – there are lovely flourishes everywhere, from the icons, to the scrubbing animation, to the audio clip information sheet. You can import existing Voice Memos and export them from Ferrite to pretty much anywhere and the support is amazing – the Developer was brilliant when I had a query about the app, offering great advice and responding really quickly.
I love this app – it’s crafted with care and attention by a team or a Developer who clearly knows their stuff, and their passion for it shines throughout this gem of a product. I urge you to give it a go. It knocks its rivals into a cocked hat…
- Wooji Juice Ltd
- 19.3 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2020 Wooji Juice
- In-App Purchases
- Ferrite 2 Pro £28.99
- Ferrite 2 Pro £14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.