FileBrowser for Business is a professional file management app for power users and businesses large and small, trusted worldwide.
With FileBrowser for Business, users can benefit from direct and secure file access to servers, workstations and other storage devices on corporate networks. No additional configuration of corporate IT systems is necessary.
- Access file servers and cloud storage
- View documents and optionally store them for offline viewing
- Present a video, PowerPoint or Keynote direct from the server
- Copy and move between any type of storage, from single files to whole directories
- Bi-directional automatic sync of network folders to your iPad/iPhone
- Backup local files to a network file server or cloud storage
- Integrates with other apps allowing you to edit, save and share files while on the go
- Integrates with your existing infrastructure, including Active Directory
- Integrates with iOS data protection, utilising hardware-based encryption to secure content
- Pro photographer XMP sidecar file support for rating images
- VPN on-demand support for third-party VPN clients
- Supports Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS)
- Requires no additional software on corporate servers
Office App Integration
- No more copying of documents between apps
- Launch an Office app to edit a network document in-place.
- Changes are automatically saved to the original document
- Scan documents or images direct to multi page PDF
- Automatic colour and perspective correction of scanned documents
- Centralised distribution of FileBrowser configuration settings
- Enforced security lockdown
- Conform to corporate Mobile Security Policies
- Prevent users from changing local settings
- Selectively override any local configuration setting
- Distribute file server connection details
- Control whether offline viewing/storage is permitted
- Control whether content can be emailed as attachments
FileBrowser for Business uses the SMB1, SMB2, and SMB3 network access protocols (also known as CIFS or Windows File Sharing). This enables access to Macs, PCs, NAS drives, & Windows File Servers, including Windows Server 2019 and Windows Server Clusters.
You can also connect to the following cloud storage
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft OneDrive for Business
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013 or later
- Google Drive (including TeamDrive)
- Dropbox (including Dropbox for Business)
- Backblaze B2
- Amazon S3
- WebDAV servers
- FTP/FTPS servers
- SFTP servers
For fast friendly support please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only able to provide support in English.
This update adds some new features and fixes several bugs.
* Batch rename feature improved for "Name and Counter" mode.
* Added external keyboard shortcuts for the main screen.
* Last Modified Dates are now preserved when uploading files to OneDrive.
* Fixed Sync Files tasks to OneDrive folders.
* Fixed Sync Files screen becoming unresponsive.
* Fixed crash when extracting large RAR files.
* Fixed Sort Folders First folder view mode not persisting.
* Fixed modified dates not being preserved when copying to iXpand drive.
Thank you for helping to make our apps better.
Unlike other file manager apps, we never gather any of your data.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Keeps getting better and better
So many Apps prompt you to write reviews - this one doesn’t! But despite always being brilliant, the developers continue to add more and more features making it better and better! Recent interface changes are so outstanding that I just felt I had to write a review!
It’s been one of my favourite and most used Apps since I became an iOS (iPad 1) user. It offered much of the functionality of Apple’s File’s App long before that appeared and without FileBrowser (FB), I could never have have used an IPad for real work. With FB, I can easily read and write my files on my NAS filesystem (using Samba) which is where I prefer to keep all my stuff, and access files on other systems.
When Apple made Files available, I thought FB might go the way of so many Apps. But it has continued to be well supported and the latest interface changes and new features mean that it’s superiority over Files has grown. In fact FB complements Files and makes it much more useable.
My thanks to the FB developer team - keep up your great work!
Great for managing Apple Base Station Disks
FileBrowser was good to allow access from iphone and ipad to the SMB disk(s) attached to the Apple Base Stations.
It was very useful in migrating from Windows PC to only use ipad/iphone.
Upgraded to FileBrowser Biz when I saw the ‘sync’ and ‘backup’ options, as I was attempting (not very successfully) to backup one attached drive to a second one, and kept getting ‘fatal errors’ in FileBrowser. The same errors (when attempting to backup/copy folders with over 100 sub-folders) arose on Biz.
However, I logged a ‘suggestion’, and have just now noticed that the sync and backup options allow copying from ‘remote’ to ‘remote’ drives. So far, it seems to be doing what I need.
The ‘capture to pdf’ option is also great for quick ‘scan’ of documents.
Pity I have to use a ‘back-dated’ version on my iphone 4!
This is money well-spent, with a good app and responsive support. Thank You!
Developer Response ,
The next FileBrowser Biz update (15.8) will restore iOS 8.3 compatibility and should run OK on your iPhone 4. This will be the last update that supports iOS 8.
Upgraded to Business
I’ve been a FileBrowser user for years, it just gets better and better. Have used it to connect to Macs, PCs, NAS, USB hubs, etc, etc and its never failed me. I wanted decent USB drive for file backup so got an iXpand to use so needed to upgrade to the Business version. As usual, everything works just fine, just need to plug in the drive (which is not powered) and it appears on the FileBrowser home page. Probably should have upgraded earlier actually. Perfect!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 98.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Stratospherix LTD
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.