Yoink for iPad and iPhone lets you easily and quickly store items you drag, copy, share or download for later use.
This way, you can collect items in a central place without having to constantly move back and forth between your source- and destination applications.
The app accepts virtually any file type, for example app-content like images from websites, text snippets, web urls, eMails and documents - no matter if you drag, copy, share or download them.
Here's what users say about Yoink:
"The best shelf app on iOS" - Igloouk, UK App Store
"Most useful app in the iOS store. What a gem." - noway170, Austrian App Store
"A godsend. Get this. Now." - mr chairboy, US App Store
As a Slide-Over or Side-by-Side app on iPad, Yoink is always ready for you to drag something to it, no matter what app you're in. Just slide Yoink into view and conclude your drag operation.
On iPhone, use Yoink's Share extension, or copy-paste items into Yoink.
Items are stored in Yoink for later use, featuring rich previews for easy identification and full previews for most file types.
Drags containing multiple items are combined into a Stack.
Yoink comes with deep system integration:
- iCloud Sync
Synchronize Yoink's items across your devices using iCloud
Transfer files between iPhones, iPads and Macs (separate Mac Yoink app required) using Handoff
- Action/Share Extension
Almost any item you can share via the system-wide Share sheet, you can send directly to Yoink from there
Yoink has its own keyboard so that inserting items you've stored in Yoink is easy and quick, without having to launch Yoink.
- Spotlight Integration
Any item in Yoink can be found via Spotlight - and the search-results are draggable.
- Today Widget
Access Yoink's items and save the contents from your clipboard in Yoink from Notification Center
- Shortcuts / Siri Suggestions
Yoink offers you Siri Shortcuts and Suggestions so you can automate processes, like adding items from the clipboard to Yoink, or copying items from Yoink, as well as starting downloads in Yoink.
- Files Integration
Access Yoink's files from any app that supports iOS 11's document browser
Here's what the press says about Yoink:
"Yoink is the shelf app Apple should have made." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"Yoink is a must-have app" - Jeff Benjamin; 9to5mac.com
"Indispensable for power users." - Craig Grannell; techradar.com
Yoink v2.2.1-v2.2.3 fix a few smaller issues.
New in Yoink v2.2:
- Yoink has been made more accessible
- iCloud sync is now more performant and reliable
- Instead of multiple lists based on the devices you're syncing, Yoink now shows one unified list
- Uses iOS 14's new image picker
- The iCloud button now gives feedback (sync disabled, sync enabled, syncing, error)
- Sync can now be turned off directly in the app
- Yoink and its extensions have been fine- tuned for performance and reliability
- The improved keyboard lets you more easily select, insert, copy, and now, filter, items
- Filter search results by file type, and use search results directly by previewing, copying or dragging them
- Swipe between files in Quick Look
- Support for iPadOS' cursor has been improved
- URLs can now be opened in your default browser instead of Yoink's in- app one (see Settings.app > Yoink)
- Start downloads from URLs you've stored in Yoink (that don't point to text or html data)
- "Un- stack" individual files
- Add Sketches using Apple Pencil or your finger
- Smarter filters
- Performance improvements when loading, saving, adding, selecting, copying, dragging, filtering, searching and creating icons
- The Clipboard Bar now asks for your preference upon first use
- Improved Shortcuts.app shortcuts
- Reorder items in Yoink without having to tap Edit first
- Zoom in and out of text you're editing
- Various UI improvements in Yoink and its extensions
- Icons are now created for previously unsupported file types
- Passwords and transient data is now more reliably ignored, based on recommendations and conventions established by nspasteboard.org
- The Trash now displays the most recently deleted items at the top
- Improves compatibility with Evernote.app, Mail.app, Palettes.app, and various data types
- 3-finger-shortcuts now work correctly
- UI issues
- Downloads finished in an extensions sometimes are not recognized
- Unwanted file duplications
- Various app crashes
- Spotlight indexes aren't updated correctly when adding or updating a file
- Dragging an item onto another to create a Stack is sometimes not persisted to disk
- Other items in Yoink can be selected while already dragging files
In the File Provider:
- Various fixes for handling plain text data types and txt files
- Various fixes when renaming a file
- Splitting up / creating Stacks is sometimes not correctly reflected
- Multiple (mostly rare) extension crashes
- Various fixes for handling complete and incomplete downloads
- Tags are sometimes not applied correctly
- Metadata is not always cleaned up
In the Action / Share extension:
- Files added from the extension sometimes disappear from the main app
In the Today Widget:
- Finished downloads are sometimes not displayed
In the Keyboard:
- Scrolling back and forth results in blank, unusable items
- The keyboard sometimes comes up blank, even though it should show Yoink's items
- With a hardware keyboard attached / connected, it can be difficult to consistently activate the keyboard
I hope you enjoy Yoink :) If you do, please consider leaving a rating or a review of the app - it would mean a lot to me and help me out quite a bit. Thank you.
If you're interested in my apps and their development, or my life as an indie developer, I'd like to invite you to follow me on my blog (https://blog.eternalstorms.at), twitter (https://twitter.com/eternalstorms), facebook (https://facebook.com/eternalstorms) or instagram (https://instagram.com/eternalstorms).
Should you experience issues with Yoink or have any feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you kindly,
Ratings and Reviews
Completely brilliant and indispensable
This app is integral to my use of the iPad, more than anything else.
Moving files around, saving items temporarily, finding something on your iPhone when you saved it on your iPad, and so much more. These are things I do every day, and having a single app to interface between all my other apps makes life so much easier.
I simply cannot recommend this app highly enough, despite it’s nonsensical name! Don’t be put off by that, you will use this app every single day! (This review applies to the iOS versions for iPad and iPhone - I do not feel the same about the Mac version!).
As a Mac user of Yoink for a few years I seemed to have missed the iOS version but am so glad to have found it.
Super useful and easy to use. Take a bit of time to discover how it work (if you’re not familiar with shelf apps) as it is soooo convenient.
iCloud sync is fast and enhances the experience as you can just pick copied items from any of your devices to use in another app on another device.
Having it all in one place is how I like to work so it’s great for me.
I had a small issue with bringing up the Yoink keyboard when using a Smart Keyboard on my iPad but the developer responded in about 10 minutes with a solution !!! Proper customer service.
If you need this kind of app, this is the best, imho, and certainly the easiest to use.
not really useful for iphone
the yoink’s keyboard requires "full access" and I don’t want to take this risk. According to Apple, this “full access” allows the app to monitor everything we type, including passwords etc.
Without the keyboard, yoink is a mere place-holder similar to other apps (like Apple Notes) and lost its attractiveness.. I’d rather use the built-in Notes app for copy-patse. Yoink would require switching apps to copy-paste like the Notes anyway.
Update: I appreciate the feedback from Developer regarding the “full access”.
Still, even with “full access”, the app would need some more design to be useful.
In my opinion, the keyboard should allow us to paste directly from keyboard (rather than its current copy-mode only and forcing user to navigate and paste it again). I always lost my current clipboard if I wish to paste an item from the keyboard, because I would have to re-copy items from the keyboard first.
The app only * automatically * stores the clipboard when we switch and open the Yoink app (heck it does not mean automatically at all)
I have used Yoink on Mac and really like it. But on iphone, I found this app more painful than Apple Notes. I will wait for next versions before using this again.
Developer Response ,
Hello Ro meo,
Thank you for your feedback and concern regarding Yoink's keyboard.
While it is true that giving full access to a keyboard extension allows the keyboard to connect to the internet or observe anything you type, Yoink's keyboard requires full access solely for using the main app's stored items so it can use them in the keyboard, and it can use the clipboard so you can copy stuff from Yoink's keyboard.
Why Yoink needs full access:
- Accessing data stored in Yoink's main app (the raison-d'être for the keyboard)
- Being able to copy items to your clipboard from Yoink's keyboard
What Yoink does NOT do with full access:
- Observe or store anything you type (as a matter of fact, once you have an item in Yoink, Yoink's keyboard no longer shows ordinary keys, but the items you have stored, leaving you no option but to switch to another keyboard - like the standard system keyboard - for typing, and Yoink does *not* have access to anything typed there)
- Connect to the internet
Regarding switching apps: Yoink's Today Widget lets you quickly store stuff from your clipboard in Yoink.
I hope I could clear things up a little. Thank you.
- Matt, email@example.com
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Matthias Gansrigler
- 19.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017-2020 Eternal Storms Software, Matthias Gansrigler
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.