Get things done! The award-winning Things app helps you plan your day, manage your projects, and make real progress toward your goals.
Best of all, it’s easy to use. Within the hour, you’ll have everything off your mind and neatly organized—from routine tasks to your biggest life goals—and you can start focusing on what matters today.
“Things offers the best combination of design and functionality of any app we tested, with nearly all the features of other power user applications and a delightful interface that never gets in the way of your work.”
—Wirecutter, The New York Times
• Your To-Dos
Your basic building block is the almighty To-Do—each a small step toward a great accomplishment. You can add notes, tag it, schedule it, and break it down into smaller steps.
• Your Projects
Create a Project for any big goal, then add the to-dos to reach it. Use headings to structure your list as you outline your plan. There’s also a place to jot down your notes, and a deadline to keep you on schedule.
• Your Areas
Create an Area for each sphere of your life, such as Work, Family, Finance, and so on. This keeps everything neatly organized, and helps you see the big picture as you set your plans in motion.
• Your Plan
Everything on your schedule is neatly laid out in the Today and Upcoming lists, which show your to-dos and calendar events. Each morning, see what you planned for Today and decide what you want to do. The rest is down to you :)
MORE THINGS TO LOVE
As you dive deeper, you’ll find Things packed with helpful features. Here are just a few:
• Reminders — set a time and Things will remind you.
• Repeaters — automatically repeat to-dos on a schedule you set.
• This Evening — a special place for your evening plans.
• Calendar integration — see your events and to-dos together.
• Tags — categorize your to-dos and quickly filter lists.
• Quick Find — instantly locate to-dos, headings, or tags.
• Type Travel — jump from list to list with your keyboard; just start typing!
• Magic Plus — drag the + button to insert to-dos anywhere in a list.
• Share extension — create to-dos with content from other apps.
• Widgets — see your lists on the home screen.
• Mail to Things — forward an email to Things; now it’s a to-do.
• And much more!
MADE FOR IPAD
Things is tailored to the iPad, with excellent pro features as well. Chief among them is the outstanding support for your keyboard & trackpad. You can edit your to-dos without touching the screen, utilize plenty of shortcuts, and navigate your lists at blistering speed—just start typing!
“Things has the best implementation of external keyboard support I’ve ever seen in an iPad app.”
—Federico Viticci, MacStories
You can also enjoy a beautiful dark mode at sunset, connect your calendars, add widgets to your home screen, scribble with Apple Pencil, open multiple windows, create to-dos via Siri, import from Reminders—Things can do it all! There’s even Shortcuts integration if you want to automate your workflows.
Made in Stuttgart, with two Apple Design Awards to its name, Things is a fine example of German engineering: designed not only to look fantastic, but to be perfectly functional as well. Every detail is thoughtfully considered, then polished to perfection.
“It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.”
GET THINGS TODAY
Whatever it is you want to accomplish in life, Things can help you get there. Install the app today and see what you can do!
• Things is also available for Mac, iPhone, and Apple Watch (sold separately).
• Sync is provided for free via our Things Cloud service.
• A free trial is available for Mac: thingsapp.com
If you have any questions, please get in touch. We provide professional support and will be glad to help you!
• Fixed a bug where items could appear out of order in the Deadlines and Someday widgets.
• Fixed a bug that prevented repeating items’ instances from showing in the Deadlines widget.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when deleting multiple items from search results.
• Fixed some glitches and crashes that could occur in the settings for Calendar Events and Reminders Inbox.
• Improved syncing changes to Things Cloud.
• Updated the contents of the tutorial project.
• Various other changes under the hood.
New features! Widgets for your Home screen, Scribble support for iPad, new Complications for Apple Watch, integration with Wind Down, and more – available now for iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and watchOS 7.
WIDGETS — iPhone & iPad
Things’ beautiful new Widgets live on your Home screen, right next to your app icons, where they can display any list you want. Quickly glance at what you’re doing Today, see what’s Upcoming on your schedule, stay on top of your most urgent project, view tag-filtered lists – the possibilities are endless!
SCRIBBLE — iPad & Apple Pencil
You can now scribble on your iPad’s screen and Things will convert your handwriting into text! Use your Apple Pencil to write out a list of to-dos or jot down some notes – just open Things and start scribbling. Scribble in an open space to insert a to-do, or scribble into a field where you would normally type (notes, checklist, etc.).
COMPLICATIONS — Apple Watch
We’ve added two great new complications for this release. The “Today” complication shows your next three to-dos on Infograph Modular or Modular Compact, while the “New To-Do” complication puts a handy + button on your watch face to streamline data entry.
WIND DOWN — iPhone
As bedtime draws near, your iPhone can help you close out the day and make sure you’re ready for tomorrow. You’ll see a shortcut to quickly review tomorrow’s to-dos before you go to sleep, or you can configure other shortcuts to suit your needs. Open your Health app to set this up (in the Sleep settings).
• We’ve improved the way project and to-do notes are synced. (As a result, you can also write much longer notes.)
• The Siri watch face will now show to-dos with upcoming reminders.
• The Apple Watch now runs Shortcuts, so you can control Things from your wrist. Out of milk? One tap is all you need for Things to remind you to pick some up. Create your Things shortcuts in the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
• In the Shortcuts app on iPhone & iPad, you can now select one of your tags in the “Show List” action.
Ratings and Reviews
Everyone needs a task manager—and Things is adaptable enough for anyone. This Apple Design Award winner is crisp and lightweight, featuring a simple but effective interface. The ever-present Magic Plus button makes it easy to add to-do’s from anywhere in the app, and organising items is as simple as dragging them where you want them. It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.
Organise Your Streaming On Things
I have used Things for a few years now mostly for my work and was a little bit annoyed that I could not upgrade my original Things without purchasing it again. However, since I have now retired, I have found this an amazing app to keep a track of my Netflix viewing. I have set up projects of what I have watched, what is in my watchlist, things I have watched and waiting for the next series, things I have watched and have finished, things on my watch list and things I need to investigate further. I have found this to be an amazing tracking app which I would never remember in my head. This is just something I felt I needed to do for myself and thought it might help others? I also use it as my go to app to list all the events for the year ahead so I can see clearly what I need to do, need to be done. I love it and have always loved it. It is a great organiser, clear and concise. I know exactly what I need to do and when. Love the repeat function for annual events and love to see the log book to see what I have done. Worth every penny in my opinion.
Developer Response ,
Glad to hear that Things is helping you stay on top of your shows on Netflix! Enjoy!
Excellent but with a serious failing
I have used Things since its inception and Things 3 is a massive advance . But it has one major omission in my view. I appreciate the desire to make the look uncluttered but no longer being able to give entries a clear label showing degree of urgency is a serious step back. I used to be able to make many own customised flags and they showed clearly against each item. Yes you can still make them but all that shows is a generic tiny symbol indicating that there is a flag attached. Before Things 3 the flag would actually show so you could have “ Very Urgent” or “Urgent” clearly showing . Now I have to use a clunky workaround with the today/someday symbol. So we should have at least the option of the flag displaying. Apart from that, its superb.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- 52.7 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2021 Cultured Code
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.