Fing has helped millions of users worldwide to understand:
• Who's on my WiFi
• Is someone stealing my WiFi and broadband?
• Have I been hacked? Is my network secure?
• Are there hidden cameras in the B&B I'm staying in?
• Why has Netflix started buffering?
• Is my internet provider giving me the speed I pay for?
Fing is the #1 Network Scanner: discovers all the devices connected to your WiFi and identifies them, with our patented technology used by router manufacturers and antivirus companies worldwide.
With Fing App’s free tools and utilities help you:
• Scan networks with Fing’s Wi-Fi & LAN network scanner and discover all devices connected to any network
• Get the most accurate device recognition of IP address, MAC address, device name, model, vendor, and manufacturer
• Run WiFi and Cellular internet speed tests, download speed and upload speed analysis, and latency
• Browse internet outages in your area, ISP ratings, reviews, and speed statistics
• Advanced device analysis of NetBIOS, UPnP, SNMP, and Bonjour names, properties and device types
• Includes port scanning, device ping, traceroute, and DNS lookup
• Receive network security and device alerts to your phone and email
Add Fingbox to unlock advanced network protection and smart home troubleshooting features:
• Know who’s home while you’re not there with Digital Presence
• See devices near your home with Digital Fence
• Block intruders and unknown devices automatically before they join your network
• Set parental control features to schedule screen time and pause internet access
• Analyze bandwidth usage by device
• Find Wi-Fi sweet spots
• Automate network speed tests and get reports for benchmarking ISP performance
• Secure your home network with opened port detection and network vulnerability analysis
• Bugfixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Amazingly useful and polished network app
How dare this app be so amazing? I've had fing for years and have depended on it always for help with troubleshooting and setting up networks, mainly my home LAN. I also really appreciate that, for a free app, it has only gotten better over the years and added truly useful features. A particular recent favourite is the proper bandwidth speed test.
I also also appreciate that while the app exists to encourage people to upgrade to the security and convenience of an actual FingBox, it never annoys you with that fact or cripples its functionality. The app is so good, that I've decided I'll get a FingBox as soon as I can afford one. But even if you never intend to get one, this is an invaluable tool for anyone working with networks, and I hope it always sticks around. To be honest it's one of those rare apps that I would pay for rather than lose it. It's that good. Get finging now! It's so well designed that you'll probably learn more about networking and your setup. I know I did. Thanks fing. I love each and every one of you.
Since premium it’s downhill all the way
And my fingbox is still in the draw. Unwanted and no longer used. Update: I really hoped Fing would see the error of going premium and sort out all the annoyed users. But alas nothing has changed. Weirdly I put my Fing box on eBay and nobody bid on it. Update: Premium features not for the loyal long term customers who have been with you from the start. Guess no camera feature for us. Trying to sell my Fing box no buyers yet. Update: Thanks for reply but I bought this product BEFORE the over priced premium was introduced. So either you give it to existing users or buy my product back. There is a LOT of people complaining. This is completely unfair. And don’t think that £42 a year at half price is a great deal. Seriously just give me my money back for the Fing box if you can’t help. Original: As a Fing box owner, there hasn’t been much in the way of new features for a long time. Now they finally offer some new features of which some used to be standard features but now come at a premium. This is all rather confusing and annoying. I don’t mind paying for the Fing box and if there was a once off app fee I’d be happy with that or if there was a small yearly fee of say £6 then also cool but not £6 a month or more and Fing box was all suppose to be a free once purchased. I am fuming....and confused and still annoyed the Fing box itself hasn’t really improved over the years like it was suppose to.
Developer Response ,
Dear user, thank you for leaving a review. We are sorry to know you feel this way. Our premium subscription is meant for those users who wish to have new, additional, advanced features to monitor their network. Please keep in mind you can still use your Fingbox without the premium subscription as only some features will be limited now. Moreover, we are offering a 50% off Cyber Monday deal which you can still benefit from.
App in conjunction with Fingbox
I use this app frequently to monitor my network and find it very useful. Unfortunately I see that with the introduction of ios 11 Apple are not allowing 3rd party apps to have access to mac addresses, this means Fing and other apps will not be as accurate with the details they can show.
Update... After installing iOS 11 this app was pretty much only able to show the ip addresses of items connected to the network not what they were so it made the app very limited.
I took the plunge and bought a Fingbox and I must say I’m not disappointed. Full functionality has returned and more! If you want to be in control of your network then a Fingbox is excellent. You can google to see what it does but I would just say here it is unobtrusive and does what it says on the tin. It’s about £100 to buy so a little expensive but very good.
Update Dec 2018
I think with each software update this gets better. I like the ability to stop any other device joining my network without my permission. Fingbox puts you in control of your network. It’s great for troubleshooting. If you’ve got more than 3 or 4 items on your network this is well worth getting.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fing Limited
- 152 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Fing Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Premium 1 Month £6.99
- 1 Year Ads-free £2.49
- Premium 1 Year £59.99
- 3 Months Ads-free £0.99
- 6 Months Ads-free £1.49