Fing has helped 35 million user worldwide to understand:
• Who's on my WiFi
• Is someone stealing my WiFi and broadband?
• Have I've been hacked? Is my network secure?
• Are there hidden cameras in the B&B I'm staying in?
• Why Netflix has started buffering?
• Is my internet provider giving me the speed I pay for?
Fing is the #1 Network Scanner: discovers all the devices connected to your WiFi and identifies them, with our patented technology used also by router manufacturers and antivirus companies worldwide.
With Fing App’s free tools and utilities help you:
• Run WiFi and Cellular internet speed tests, download speed and upload speed analysis and latency
• Scan networks with Fing’s Wi-Fi & LAN network scanner and discover all devices connected to any network
• Get the most accurate device recognition of IP address, MAC address, device name, model, vendor and manufacturer
• Advanced device analysis of NetBIOS, UPnP, SNMP and Bonjour names, properties and device types
• Includes port scanning, device ping, traceroute and DNS lookup
• Receive network security and device alerts to your phone and email
Add Fingbox to unlock advanced network protection and smart home troubleshooting features:
• Know who’s home while you’re not there with Digital Presence
• See devices near your home with Digital Fence
• Block intruders and unknown devices automatically before they join your network
• Set parental control features to schedule screen time and pause internet access
• Analyze bandwidth usage by device
• Find Wi-Fi sweet spots
• Automate network speed tests and get reports for benchmarking ISP performance
• Secure your home network with opened port detection and network vulnerability analysis
Have a question? Get in touch at email@example.com or learn more about Fing App and Fingbox at fing.com.
• New! Start a scan or a speed test directly from the phone home screen. Fing supports now Quick Actions
• New! Swipe on a device to get quick access to the most common tools
• Bugfixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Amazingly useful and polished network app
How dare this app be so amazing? I've had fing for years and have depended on it always for help with troubleshooting and setting up networks, mainly my home LAN. I also really appreciate that, for a free app, it has only gotten better over the years and added truly useful features. A particular recent favourite is the proper bandwidth speed test.
I also also appreciate that while the app exists to encourage people to upgrade to the security and convenience of an actual FingBox, it never annoys you with that fact or cripples its functionality. The app is so good, that I've decided I'll get a FingBox as soon as I can afford one. But even if you never intend to get one, this is an invaluable tool for anyone working with networks, and I hope it always sticks around. To be honest it's one of those rare apps that I would pay for rather than lose it. It's that good. Get finging now! It's so well designed that you'll probably learn more about networking and your setup. I know I did. Thanks fing. I love each and every one of you.
App in conjunction with Fingbox
I use this app frequently to monitor my network and find it very useful. Unfortunately I see that with the introduction of ios 11 Apple are not allowing 3rd party apps to have access to mac addresses, this means Fing and other apps will not be as accurate with the details they can show.
Update... After installing iOS 11 this app was pretty much only able to show the ip addresses of items connected to the network not what they were so it made the app very limited.
I took the plunge and bought a Fingbox and I must say I’m not disappointed. Full functionality has returned and more! If you want to be in control of your network then a Fingbox is excellent. You can google to see what it does but I would just say here it is unobtrusive and does what it says on the tin. It’s about £100 to buy so a little expensive but very good.
Update Dec 2018
I think with each software update this gets better. I like the ability to stop any other device joining my network without my permission. Fingbox puts you in control of your network. It’s great for troubleshooting. If you’ve got more than 3 or 4 items on your network this is well worth getting.
Good Start - review of box + app
I have the box and the app. It does some great things (kicking the kids off the internet if they p me off, for example). However, it needs quite a bit of tweaking. Some analysis it provides is ambiguous (when my broadband was down and I ran a bandwidth checker test it said something like “startup failed”, whatever that means). The sub menus aren’t intuitive (ie the location of functionality, and how you access it isn’t always clear (bandwidth checker requires you to press the play button in the top right hand corner, for example)). I think the box is quite expensive for what it does, although it provides a convenient way of doing things. I like it, but would like more functionality; I think if Ive paid £125 for the box it wouldn’t be unreasonable to expect something with the functionality of Ethereal accessible to me within the app, for example. I look forward to future updates.
- Fing Limited
- 66.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Fing Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Ads-free £2.49
- 3 Months Ads-free £0.99
- 6 Months Ads-free £1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.