Go paperless. Get organized. Download and play something new in seconds. With forScore for iOS, iPadOS, and now even for macOS, your scores have never been better—it’s everything you can do with paper and so much more. As seen in Apple keynote addresses and retail stores worldwide!
On your music stand or on the go, it's the complete PDF sheet music reading experience that has wowed musicians all over the world for years:
• Copy PDFs from other apps like Safari and Mail
• Import scores from popular cloud storage services and content providers like Musicnotes.com
• Share scores and setlists with colleagues, whether or not they use forScore
• Add metadata to your scores for a perfectly browsable, instantly searchable library
• Create smart bookmarks to manage longer files containing multiple parts or pieces
• Group scores manually with Setlists to play through them from start to finish
• View full pages in portrait orientation and crop them to better fit your device's screen
• Turn your device sideways for bigger scrolling pages or view two pages side by side instead
• Use Reflow on smaller screens to lay out systems of music end-to-end like a horizontal teleprompter
• Enter annotation mode to draw with your finger, type text, or place common symbols onto the page
• Draw at any time with Apple Pencil for an incredibly natural and responsive, always-on annotation experience
• Separate your annotations into layers and show or hide them at any time
• Create links and buttons to handle repeats or perform common actions with a single tap
• Rearrange and duplicate pages of a score to play without jumping back and forth
• Connect your Bluetooth page turner for hands-free navigation
• Access integrated utilities like our metronome, pitch pipe, tuner, and piano keyboard
• Link tracks to scores to loop regions, adjust pitch, and even use them to record and play back your page turns
• Connect wirelessly to nearby devices and coordinate your page turns and program changes effortlessly
There's much more than those highlights, though, so be sure to visit forscore.co to learn all about forScore's incredible features and find out why so many musicians agree that forScore is simply the best!
Note: forScore also offers an optional, annual auto-renewing subscription called forScore Pro that unlocks additional features and content (visit forScore.co/pro for complete details). forScore Pro is a 1-year subscription that renews automatically until canceled. Should you choose to subscribe, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will then automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Complete terms of service are available on our website at: forScore.co/terms-of-service
This version includes minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
This is perfect for stage performance!
First things first. I bought an iPad 12.9” primarily for this app. The large screen makes a perfect full page view. I also have an iPad Air 2 that I use for the second screen, as it’s smaller, it gets me over a page turn, when I can switch the music to my bigger screen. I’m tempted to get a second big iPad to resolve that! Combined it with a Pageflip Dragon fly, awkward page turns are a thing of the past. Can even setup buttons to allow me to switch from 1st to 2nd part mid piece. Every time I use this application something else makes it better. For example, tonight I just split a single PDF into three separate files. I’ve been marking my pieces, and know that I have everything to hand all the time.
I highly recommend this program to the point that it’s even worth buying a new iPad and Apple Pencil just for going digital in sheet music. Seriously, it’s that good.
Update: Yep. Got a second iPad Pro 12.9 and the dual page mode is awesome
This continues to set the standard for app development
This also sets the standard for pdf readers. This app is a joy to use. i wouldn't want to be without it now. I just find it so intuitive and reliable and the interface and functionality is excellent. And each upgrade continues to keep it above the rest. ForScore is absolutely brilliant, feature rich with a great interface and has become my principle tool for anything pdf related.
It continues to be updated and the very few bugs are fixed rapidly. just look at the version history to see how frequently it is supported.
The user interface is incredibly well thought out so that all commands are within a few clicks. It is essential for a jobbing musician! Check out the manual which is available on line to see everything in detail that this brilliant app can do.
It is rock solid, i haven't needed to use paper scores since 2012. i play publicly each week using ipad and my trusty airturn bt 104 and this combination hasn't let me down once. The advantage is that you have all your scores in one place and available all the time. The metadata means they so easy to find (my library now has over 500 scores in it). I also frequently use the feature of linking music tracks to a pdf.
Many years ago, I bought a boxwave stylus for my ipad 2 and continue to use this to annotate pdfs on my ipad pro.
The developer also sets the standard in how to support a product!
If you play any instrument and/or sing, and use sheet music of any kind (or even just notes of chord progressions, lyrics etc.) you deserve to treat yourself to this app. It so clearly has been designed (and continues to be developed) for musicians of every level, whether for performance or practice. No gimmicks but a really comprehensive set of practical features which work so well.
It does mean getting your music into pdf format (it even has a feature for scanning for that purpose),but that is well worth the effort - I just add pieces as I go, though of course a lot of sheet music is now available directly in pdf format.
I can’t think of any other app I have tried which so completely justifies its cost and its place on my iPad. I use it on an iPad Air 2, and it will be even better on a big screen iPad Pro.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- forScore, LLC
- 8.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2021 forScore, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- forScore Pro £9.49
- Satie: The Mutopia Collection £0.00
- Brahms: The Mutopia Collection £0.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.