Enjoy your favourite Freeview shows on your mobile, all for free.
* Watch live or on demand when it suits you.
* Check the TV guide and set reminders on the go so you never miss the shows you love.
* Browse great shows from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5 and UKTV Play all in one place. Just make sure you have these apps on your device to enjoy the best Freeview experience.
Please find the Terms and Conditions at https://www.freeview.co.uk/mobile-app-terms-conditions.
* Fixes the issue for users who have set their device to a 12-hour clock and see missing information in the Guide
Ratings and Reviews
A sort of improvement
After using the old app for years, although it had it’s issues, I used the facility to add to calendar and could change the remind in advance time. This seems to have gone in the new app. I’ve worked out how to set a notification by the app, but as this doesn’t add to the calendar I can’t change the very short notification time which is not very helpful. The layout of the guide has improved though.
It seems to be missing the main point...
I have used the ‘old’ Freeview app for a couple of years and had got used to it’s funny ways: like displaying the wrong date at the top of the programme guide and crashing occasionally when you clicked on an entry. But, at least it did give me (usually) what must be the main point of this app - an integrated programme guide. This version displays the time slots but fails to add anything further about any programme when any slot is selected. So I have to turn my TV on to see what’s on - which kind of defeats the purpose of this app.
As an app developer myself, I have to question the apparent lack of testing done to this app. I live in Newcastle Upon Tyne. A mere conglomeration of some 1.9M people. Not really a quiet backwater.... please bring back detail about the programme listings.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your detailed feedback. We had a few bugs which were causing some issues with the app, the good news is that these have now been fixed. We'd love it if you could give the app another try.
Nice app, but...
Title says it all. Nice app, but do have a couple of suggestions.
1. Please include whether the program has subtitles, audio description etc. 2. In the guide tab, why not have the channels listed on one screen. Once the user taps (double taps when VoiceOver is on) that particular channel, show all the programs for that channel. Of course the dates could still be listed above the list of channels. Hope these suggestions are of help and will be taken into consideration. Otherwise nice app, especially for VoiceOver users. Please keep it up.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your comments and feedback! We're pass on your suggestions to the team and see what we can do! Keep an eye out for any updates, and in the meantime we hope you continue to enjoy the app!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.