Welcome to Glassboxx: hassle-free eBook and audiobook access, all in one place.
Glassboxx cuts through all digital content ‘authentication’ issues, consolidating your eBook AND audiobook purchases made through affiliated stores, within an eminently user-friendly, secure environment.
No password required – simply tap in the email address used to buy the book in the store – and your content awaits in the app, within the ‘My Books’ area, with formats clearly labelled. With the content in the cloud, downloading requires an initial internet connection, but once downloaded, your books can be enjoyed to your heart’s content in the remotest, furthest-flung corners of the earth, where internet penetration is a mere pipe-dream…
THE AUDIO-PLAYER WILL:
• Auto-save your current position in the book – so that you can pick up right where you left off.
• Allow for skip forward/backward to recap where relevant
• Offer sleep timer option
• Play on lock-screen, enabling easy access to playback controls
• Play in background whilst browsing other apps
• Play immediately, and download in the background (provided internet access is available)
THE EREADER ALLOWS FOR:
• Page book-marking, opening the title at the right place when you pick up.
• Font-size changes, as well as dyslexic-friendly font
• Background colour changes
• Full text search
Welcome to the Glassboxx community!
Further download optimisations and minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I found the process of buying an ebook and then downloading the ebook super easy. Once I had bought it, it was there in the app within seconds, easy as pie. Thank you Glassboxx! xx ps. 5 stars when everyone has their books on it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review, Sofia! Really glad you found it easy and quick to use.
We'll keep working hard to get those 5 stars!
Terrible app...wouldn’t use if it wasn’t for the fact that I have bought a book which uses it.
I have used ebooks loads in the past and I really like them as it means I have the books with me when I travel. I bought a cookery book today and it is slow. First the book wouldn’t down load. Then it has Ben really difficult just browsing through the pages to look at what is in it. Not sure if this is because the app is new or it doesn’t run well on Apple devices. If you don’t need to use this app, I wouldn’t bother! I am hoping to get this sorted or I would ask for a refund on the book and will order the print version.
Developer Response ,
Hi, our app has moved on a lot since last October, so please give it another go and if you have any issues, drop us a note at email@example.com Thank you!
Feels very beta
Touch response is slow and the target areas are noticeably small.
If a book hasn't fully downloaded and you click on it, the book will open on an empty screen without a way to go back to the main app.
If you slide right to reveal settings you can't slide it closed. You have to press the gear cog in the top menu that's now partially obscured.
There's only one font but an entire font selector dropdown.
In the Arabian theme the text under the progress slider is too faint to read.
General visibility, alignment, and colour jankiness.
But you can eventually read the book.
- BCL NuMedia
- 34.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © BCL NuMedia Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.