The uLIBRARY app makes it easy to browse, borrow and listen to your library's eAudiobooks and read their eBooks on your smart phone or tablet.
You can use uLIBRARY if your library has joined our digital service. Download from the App Store for FREE and log-in with your library membership details to access your library's collection of our eAudiobooks and eBooks.
- Easy to browse by format and genre
- Search by title, author, narrator, and genre
- Each eAudiobook has an audio preview
- eBooks have a preview
- See how many titles you have available to borrow and how many you have on loan at any time
- Borrow or, if out on loan, reserve for later
- Receive automatic notification of when reserved titles become available (requires email details)
- Receive automatic notification when nearing end of loan period (requires email details)
- Receive automatic notification if a title has been borrowed but not yet downloaded (requires email details)
- Renew eAudiobook and eBook loans (if title has not been reserved by another user)
- Return eAudiobook and eBook loans before the loan period expires
- Title automatically deletes from your My Account screen on loan expiry, so no more overdue fees
- Full list of previously downloaded titles always available
- Listen offline
- Automatically saves your current position in book
- Lock screen widget for quick and easy access to playback controls of eAudiobook
- Play eAudiobooks in the background whilst using other apps
- Read offline
- Built in eReader
- Bookmark your page
- Change font and font size, including ability to use dyslexic specific fonts
We hope our eAudio and eBooks give you many hours of listening and reading pleasure.
New Version includes a fix for a 4G download issue experienced by some users. Minor bug fixes and improvements to screen layout when using large font.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Doesn’t get any better
We do, at least have a downloading indicator now..
I have returned books but they still show as ‘return’ only so can’t borrow them again.
It still makes you log-in each time you go anywhere near it. This is random, sometimes several times a day. Honestly, if I’ve managed to login to download a book, can’t I listen to it in peace?
And why do we have to wait for a whole book to download before being able to start at chapter one?
The book selection process is clunky - does anyone ever borrow the books at the end of the list?
This app doesn’t integrate well with iPad facilities - it doesn’t respond to the on-earbud controls for example. Stop, go, that sort of thing.
There is a list of chapters available, but you can do nothing with that list which would, you think, be obvious. Like jumping to a desired chapter. Just a highlight to indicate which one is playing?
The app just locks up when it feels like it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for providing this feedback, I'm pleased to confirm that our developers have worked on the issues that you raised and the updated app (version 5.0) has fixed these.
Why does it not simply work??
I use a lot of eaudio apps and this has to be the worst. With all of the other three apps I use, Ulibrary doesn’t simply download the book for your device, but seems to have to download Every Time you log in, and as you’re listening to then. Shame as there is a good selection of books, but what is the point if no one can listen to them properly? Just make it better.
Brilliant and not
Thank you for this app. I listen to a book constantly. The books download better now but for me when a book download causes a crash I first do a reset then restart my phone and when that fails I have to remove the app restart the phone and download the app again I fine this a complete nucence. Is there a fix? Your service is really important to me even with this inconvenience I’m still going to use this but look forward to more improvements
Developer Response ,
Many thanks for your review. We are currently working on an update for the app, which will hopefully fix this issue. In the meantime, if you would like to email email@example.com we can look into this in more detail for you.
- Ulverscroft Group Limited
- 41.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Ulverscroft Large Print Books Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.