Transform your Mac into smart digital paper and a powerful document management system.
Use the same features from GoodNotes' iPad version on your Mac and work with your documents where you want and when you want.
CREATE, IMPORT, AND EDIT DOCUMENTS ON YOUR MAC
* Create digital notebooks and type text with your keyboard or write and draw with the mouse/trackpad or the Apple Pencil using Sidecar on your iPad
* Import PDF and images to annotate them in GoodNotes
* Add documents from your Mac to existing GoodNotes notebooks via drag and drop
PAPERLESS DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
* Organize your documents in folders and create unlimited subfolders
* Mark your most important documents, pages, and folders as Favorites to access them quickly
* Create custom outlines for easier navigation through your documents
* Instant export of documents or pages as PDF via drag and drop
ALL YOUR NOTES ALWAYS WITH YOU
* Sync your latest changes to your iPad, iPhone, and other Macs using iCloud
* Prepare documents on your Mac and pick them up on another device to continuously work on them
ESCAPE THE LIMITS OF ANALOG PAPER
* Move, resize, and rotate your handwriting or change colors
* Draw perfect shapes and lines with the Shapes Tool
* powerful & smart eraser tool: Choose to erase the entire stroke or only parts of it. Set it to "Erase Highlighter Only" to leave the ink intact
* Navigate through imported PDFs with existing hyperlinks
- Library view: fix selected tab on sidebar showing blue tint
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
working fine, better to use
Reading reviews of this version I was nervous. But everything is fine. My old files were imported with no hitch. The new version is completely stable. And the interface is much improved - especially the file system, which I use a lot, since I keep many annotated pdfs in the app. The way colour palettes are handled is better too, and the menu bar is a bit cleaner. Well done.
The control handles on a pasted graphic are a bit of a fiddle. It’s hard to resize one without also rotating it, and it’s better to paste it, then select it, then resize it from the contextual menu. Which is a bore.
Features still wanted . . a pen that’s a ‘pencil’ (a textured softer line with a little bit of dynamics in it) . . guidelines for aligning objects (particularly text boxes) . . and maybe a layer or two (overlaid combinations of objects can become un-editable). A clippings library accessed from the menu bar would be great too, rather than having to keep a notebook of re-usable icons, symbols, graphic elements, lettering samples, etc and load it, then copy-&-paste. These are why it’s four stars not five. A good workhorse app, does most of the sketching and diagramming work I routinely want to do, without getting too complicated in a specialist app that I would rarely use and not be fluent in. Great for marking-up pdfs.
Incredible note taking app
I use this app everyday for school work i am still so impressed how it works so well with the iPad and apple pencil, I especially like it for subjects such as maths and chemistry. The usability of it immediately being on every device is so nice to have and how you can organise all your notes into folders and subfolders with notebooks. Ive been using this app for 4 months almost 5 hours a day and i still find undiscovered features like adding custom page templates through files. However the app could still add some features which would make it flawless. In order of importance to me: A fill tool to fill shapes with colour after you have drawn it; the ability to write full screen with no bar at the top of at least a minimised version; more options for the highlighter tool such as an outline for where it will highlight such as a black 50% opacity ring around the size of highlighter and the option to turn off highlighter layering so it doesn’t make the colour darker; a recent colours section; a protractor, compass and ruler tool for improved maths and shape drawing and the ability to change the colour of selected writing for example from black to red. Thanks for making such an incredible app.
This app is extremely functional and easy to use and understand. I love the automatic switch back feature from the eraser tool as it saves me so much time when taking notes on a time limit. There’s only one tool that stopped me from giving it five stars and it’s more of a feature request than anything: THE HIGHLIGHTER. When using dark paper, the highlight option basically becomes useless. As soon as I highlight, it fades into black and into the background so I’m unable to tell what colour it even is. I understand that this makes it seem more realistic in a sense, however I would really appreciate being able to see the highlighter just like it slows on white paper. The highlighter options on black paper are very grim and don’t show up as bright as pen colors do. True highlighter colors showing up on black paper would be an awesome addition I feel, and hopefully not too difficult a feature to implement! If so then an adjustable opacityfor the highlighter tool on dark paper will do just as great. Also Highlighting which does not change color of text written with pen would be good. When you highlight over writing it changes the original colour which can be very annoying at times. It would make this app the undisputed king of note taking in my honest opinion. Please let me know if this can be done.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Time Base Technology Limited
- 167.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Time Base Technology Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.