Something's rotten in the land of the dead, and you're being played for a sucker. Meet Manny Calavera, travel agent at the Department of Death. He sells luxury packages to souls on their four-year journey to eternal rest. But there's trouble in paradise. Help Manny untangle himself from a conspiracy that threatens his very salvation.
One of the most acclaimed adventure games of all time is now back, better than ever. Grim Fandango's epic story of four years in the life (or death) of Manny Calavera, travel agent to the dead, has been remastered to look, sound, and control even better than when it won GameSpot's Game of the Year award upon it's original launch. Grim Fandango still stands as a classic of the genre, with unforgettable characters and unique combination of film noir and Mexican folklore.
Remastered version includes:
• Repainted, hi-res character textures
• New, dynamic lighting
• Classic score re-recorded with a full live orchestra
• Over 2 hours of exclusive developer commentary
• Concept art browser
Update for macOS Catalina support.
Ratings and Reviews
Grim Fandango Remastered
Seeing this, I was pretty excited. Upon loading the game it brought back old memories… Until it crashed. I loaded again… and it crashed (though not in the same place)
This issue seems consistent which does get more than irritating. Considering I’ve never had any other pieces of software hang on me in the 3 years of using a Mac. If this issue should be resolved it would be brilliant, but until then I’ve unfortunately had to give this a pretty average rating.
Could the developers please create a patch, should this be an issue for more than just myself?
(Update 26/03/16) - Having contacted the developers, I’ve been informed that apparently my graphics card doesn’t support the game. Please keep this in mind when downloading. As it’s not stated in the requirements that a machine of just 3 years old won’t run it. It is said that OS X 10.7 or later will be required. I’m using OS X 10.10.5, with no luck.
Feeling slightly robbed of cash with this one.
The game doesn´t work, totally disappointed
It´s impossible to play the game, every single minute there are a bug problem and it exit to the desktop. My mac has all the requirements for the game, then I don´t understand whats happen.
I would like the refund of the money!!!!!!!!!!!
I played this game when it first came out and loved it.
When I saw it available on the app store I was thrilled as it brought back many a happy memory.
I bought it with high hopes but am totally frustrated, the game will not load. My Mac more than meets the system requirements
Do not recommend this as you will be left disappointed, will be looking for a refund
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Double Fine Productions, Inc.
- 4.2 GB
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Grim Fandango © & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd. Todos os direitos reservados. Double Fine Productions e o logotipo Double Fine são marcas registradas exclusivas da Double Fine Productions, Inc. Todos os direitos
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.