*** FREE 30 DAY SUBSCRIPTION TRIAL – READ OUR LATEST ISSUE FREE TODAY ***
Each issue of Guitarist contains insightful artist interviews and features with world famous guitar players. We also offer in-depth guitar, amp and effects reviews, plus playing technique guitar lessons with TAB. There are also a whole host of regulars including technical advice on guitar equipment, guitar music reviews and more.
We offer everything you need to help inform your buying choices, learn more about your favourite artists and improve your playing. Acoustic guitar, electric guitar, amplifiers, effects pedals – we cover the whole lot!
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on 1 month and 1 year terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. You can cancel your subscription at any point.
Individual issues are priced at:
Single issue £3.99 / $3.99 / €4.49
With subscription prices at:
1 month £2.49 / $2.99 / €2.99
1 year £26.99 / $35.99 / €35.99
Prices subject to change - please check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
• We've rebranded the app with our new logo and updated the messaging system.
• Bookmarking bug fix. Some users reported that bookmarks were flickering which has now been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
A devil to get going but ok when you get the knack
After several attempts to open the app and log in, problems with the password not working due to an issue with the web site the magazines will not download, they get to about 30% and then freeze. I cleared out all the open apps, deleted the app and its data reloaded the app and hey presto it worked. The fix for me was to make sure there were no updates waiting for other apps, clearing these finally got it going. Still not good as it should be able to cope with this issue.
Good format, well presented but tired content
Having bought Guitarist on and off since its introduction I don't recall a period of less interesting coverage. I am thoroughly sick of vintage Gibsons and Fenders. Guitars and valve amps are nearly all great now over a certain spend, as are most pedals. There is obviously nothing new worth reporting on right now so I'm listening to a lot more music. Having cancelled my recurring subscription I just noticed, yes another old Gibson on the new cover. I had five vintage Gibsons and I don't regret selling any of them. I will renew when I am convinced there has been an editorial shake up.
Failed to download subscribed electronic version
I subscribe to both the hard copy by post and the e- version to my iPad 2 and my iPhone 6, I want to read the e version on the plane on my holidays but because I am offline it will not allow me to access my saved and stored library, very frustrating
- Future Publishing Ltd.
- 37.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Future Publishing Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription £2.49
- 1 Year Subscription £26.99
- 3 Month Subscription £8.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.