Hammer is the one-stop solution for planning and flying different types of drone flights automatically with high levels of precision and control. Say goodbye to constantly switching between apps or learning new systems all the time.
With features such as the in-built simulator, terrain follow, 3D Views and KML Import, you can be sure that your flight planning is reliable and data capture on the field is quick and accurate. Hammer can operate in the connectionless mode - once a planned mission has been uploaded to the drone, no further connection is necessary to execute the mission.
Hammer also allows you to link 2 or more types of missions together to quicken a large operation and also remembers where the missions were paused to support multi-battery missions.
1. Inspection: Hammer supports all types of inspection missions - be it roof inspection or pipeline inspections. Simply select the horizontal or linear inspection option from the app's in-built mission store and you're good to go. Hammer also supports vertical inspection for surveying building facades / tower blocks / cliffs, etc.
2. Mapping: Hammer supports 2D/3D mapping using the standard grid-based flight plans. The double-grid option can also be used to create high precision 3D models. Hammer also supports linear and tower mapping, to create orthomosaic maps for railways, tracks, towers, etc.
3. Search: For fast and in-depth search, Hammer automatically generate a spiral search pattern inside a drawn polygon. Hammer also takes care of starting/stopping the video during the search.
4. Orbits & Waypoints: Sometimes to get that perfect shot, you need higher levels of customisation. Hammer's waypoint mission can be used exactly for that. With curved turns mode, a smooth flight path can be generated to record cinematographic videos and cable-car shots.
5. Light Painting: Why not draw in the sky using the drone's LED lights? Draw points in 2D and Hammer will re-draw them in the vertical plane. Useful for long exposure photography using the drone's LED lights!
- Onboard Obstacle Avoidance
- GoHome on Low Battery
- Weak GPS Signal and Battery Alerts
- Go Home on Connection Loss or Continue Mission
- Quick Emergency Actions: Manual Control / GoHome / Hover
- Safe Altitude to GoHome
- Fly to capture GPS points for your mission
- Easy flight logs export
- Multi-battery missions
- Support for Thermal & Zoom cameras
- Snappy User Interface
- Unlimited Points - No 99 waypoints limit
- Save and Retrieve Missions
- Pre-flight Checklist
- Drag / Delete and Modify Missions
- Mission Estimates
- Undo/Redo Actions
- In-built drone simulator
- Draggable Video Screen
- Firmware version checks and alert
- Draw obstacles to go around
- Auto Camera Exposure & Focus
- Reversible Flight Paths
- DJI Spark
- DJI Mavic Air / Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro / Entreprise / Zoom
- DJI Inspire 1/ 2 - all versions
- DJI Phantom 3/4
- DJI Matrice 100, 210
- All fixed Cameras ( Spark, Mavic 1/2, Phantom 3/4 )
Hammer offers 'Professional' ($19/month) and 'Enterprise' ($79/month) auto-renewable subscriptions, which provide access to advanced missions and cameras for a monthly period. Payments are charged to your iTunes account after purchase. Subscriptions renew automatically every month unless turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the subscription period. Your account is charged within 24 hours of the end of the current period and it costs the same price as the original price. You can easily manage your subscriptions and cancel anytime by going to your Account Settings on the App Store. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication. For more info:
1. * TOWER MAPPING - NEW MODE *
We’ve added 2 flight modes to the tower mapping mission — ‘circles’ and ‘up/down’. In the ‘circles’ mode, the drone will orbit around the tower and reduce height on the completion of every circle. In the ‘up/down’ mode, the drone will move up and down the tower, completing one facade at a time before moving on to the next.
2. * IMPROVED SETTINGS INPUT *
Now edit any mission/overall settings in Hammer, by simply tapping on the number and entering a new number! We know sliders can be annoying when you are trying to achieve precise in your mission settings. Now use the sliders for rough settings, and simply tap and enter new numbers for precise settings!
3. * MISSION SPLITTING *
For large area surveys, Hammer now provides the option to split a large mapping mission / area into smaller mission chunks (blocks of specific width and height). These missions are saved separately and any settings change in one mission will be automatically applied to other missions.
4. * IMPROVED VERTICAL INSPECTIONS *
Vertical Inspections now include a side/middle photo for any turns in the mission. This ensures no part of the building/facade is missed during the inspection.
5. * IMPROVED MISSION ESTIMATES *
For 2D/3D mapping, linear and tower mapping missions, we’ve improved the mission estimates by taking the optimal flight speed into account.
6. * NEW CAMERAS — MicaSense RedEdge, Sony A7R *
We’ve added 2 new camera types — MicaSense RedEdge and Sony A7R, now simply select these cameras instead of setting up Custom ones.
7. * GO HOME HEIGHT SAFETY *
We’ve improved the GoHome Height Configuration. The settings menu will now warn you if your GoHome height is set lower than any of the planned missions. For 3D missions — terrain aware , tower mapping, etc, the drone will perform battery changes in a safer way by first rising to the GoHome height and then continuing to the missions.
8. * MAX FLIGHT RADIUS *
Now configure the maximum flight radius for your flight, based on your country of operation and local flying laws.
9. * KML IMPORT MISSIONS *
KML files can now be imported as a specific mission type.
10. *Overall Improvements*
As usual, we’ve made some overall improvements — minor bug fixes and UI improvements.
Note: Smart GoHome option is no longer available in Hammer as we’ve learnt most pilots tend to set up a GoHome Battery percentage for the drone to return home.
And that’s it! Hope you enjoy all the new changes and for more details please visit: https://medium.com/hammer-news/hammer-v3-11-whats-new-2491d587d59c
Ratings and Reviews
The perfect DJI drone mission automation
Hammer has features you will not find in other packages. Like line inspection for pipeline surveys or fence inspections. Survey missions for roof inspections where the drone stops at each point before taking a picture.
We are using Hammer for many surveys where an automation is suitable. The company is reacting rapid fast when it comes to feature requests or bug fixes. The communication is great and we have a very close connection with the team.
5 stars out of 5. Highly recommended.
Intuitive & Great service & support
We started with Hammer as an early trial customer & have enjoyed seeing how well & far this platform has been developed by the support team. Although we are new to mapping & inspections, Dragonfly Drones are so pleased with Hammers platform & the results that we obtained that we will continue to use & work with Hammer as our go-to solution for mapping & inspections for all future customer requests.
The drone app on the market
I have been flying drones for many years now and have used many flight planning apps. Now I just use Hammer. It’s fantastic with many great features. It’s a must have!
- Hammer Flights Ltd
- 145.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Hammer Flights Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Professional Plan £18.49
- Enterprise Plan £72.99
- Single Flight £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.