Sun Scout 4+
Designed for iPad
If your work or play requires sunlight, Sun Scout is built for you. Turn your iPhone in to a magic lens. Point it to the sky and understand where the sun will be and when it will be there.
* romano01, US App Store – "This app has come in handy more then once this week alone. While working on a feature film called "fairhaven" the gaffer and I (key Grip) needed to find out where and when the sun would be for a scene… well after i pulled out my Sun Scout App. everyone started downloading it!!! It is well worth it."
* WPSHM, US App Store – "This should win a gajillion awards for usability and simplicity. I love it!!!!"
Please Note – Sun Scout uses your device's compass. Like all compasses, Sun Scout is adversely influenced by metal in buildings or vehicles. Sun Scout is only as good as the iPhone's compass and is prone to a variable margin of accuracy even under fair conditions. Please do not base high-value production decisions solely on Sun Scout. Confirming them using sun charts and a technical mission during the time of day of a future shoot.
We'd be delighted to hear what you're getting up to with Sun Scout. Give us a shout by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sun Scout 1.5.0 is a critical fix – sorry that version 1.4.0 does not function correctly with iOS 13 and larger screened devices.
Fixes included in 1.5.0:
* Fixes the sun path not being shown.
* Fixes date setting not working.
* Fixes location setting not working.
* Improves layout on larger screened devices.
Ratings and Reviews
I hadn't appreciated that this app only works for your current location. This should be much clearer in the description. It's not able to predict the sun in any other place than the one you're in when you're using it. So you can't use it until you're actually standing where you need to know the sun is. No advance planning therefore is possible. Yet I bought it to use it for making advance plans. Plus you have to have an ipad that can roam. An ipad such as mine that only works using wifi is pretty useless of course.
Something is missing for the price
It a really great app but it is overpriced. If you could see with clouds or is it a shiny day or raining would be better because I plan my shoots and mostly when it is a little bit cloudy or sunny but you can’t see at which time is it cloudy at the app at the weather app you can see it. Hope you guys do a update with these features.
No longer works
Used to work but now just get a message saying needs to grant camera and location access. Location is set to use. No longer shows in camera settings. Requires developer update.
Developer Response ,
Hi m_schumy. Sorry about the iOS 13 issues. The 1.5 update became available about 20 days ago. Please try it out — let me know if you continue to have problems.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Benjohn Barnes
- 5.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Splendid Things 2014
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.