Microsoft Excel, the spreadsheet app, lets you create, view, edit, and share your files quickly and easily. Manage spreadsheets, tables and workbooks attached to email messages from your phone with this powerful productivity app.
Work in data analysis, accounting, auditing, or other fields confidently with anyone, anywhere. Quickly graph the most complex formulas, charts and tables with amazing features.
Review spreadsheets and run data analysis on the go. Customize tables and spreadsheets the way you want with robust formatting tools and great features. The productivity app lets you build your spreadsheet to meet your specific needs.
Get the complete Microsoft Office experience when you sign in with your Microsoft 365 subscription. Create templates, edit spreadsheets, organize charts and share with ease when you download Microsoft Excel.
Tables & Spreadsheets: Create, Calculate and Analyze
• Jump-start your budget, task list, accounting, or financial analysis with Excel’s modern templates.
• Quickly graph with familiar formulas to run calculations and analyze your data.
• Rich productivity features and formatting options make your workbook easier to read and use.
• Use Cards View to easily see and manage spreadsheets.
Productivity App: Review, Edit, and Work Anywhere
• Review your Excel files from any device.
• Edit sheets and data or update your task list from anywhere.
• Spreadsheet features like sort and filter columns help focus your reviews.
• Create, duplicate, hide, and unhide sheets easily.
• Analyze data using common charts and graphs.
• Use spreadsheet features like add and edit chart labels to highlight key insights in your data.
• Pie chart maker: create charts and graphs from your data.
Finance: Budgeting & Accounting
• Use agile spreadsheets and charts to help manage budgets.
• Familiar tools to help you drill down to your exact finance needs.
• Calculate tax estimates, personal finances and more.
Draw and Annotate with Ink
• Make notes, highlight your worksheet, create shapes, or write equations using the draw tab feature in Excel on devices with touch capabilities.
Sharing made easy
• Share your files with a few taps to quickly invite others to edit, view, or leave comments directly in your workbooks.
• Copy the content of your worksheet in the body of an email message with its format intact or attach or copy a link to your workbook for other sharing options.
Download Microsoft Excel and get the best way to create, organize and manage data and spreadsheets from your iPhone or iPad.
To create or edit documents, sign in with a free Microsoft account on devices with a screen size smaller than 10.1 inches.
Unlock the full Microsoft Office experience with a qualifying Microsoft 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC, and Mac.
Monthly Microsoft 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your App Store account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand. You can manage your subscriptions in your App Store account settings.
This app is provided by either Microsoft or a third-party app publisher and is subject to a separate privacy statement and terms and conditions. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft or the third-party app publisher, as applicable, and transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or the app publisher and their affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Please refer to the Microsoft Software License Terms for Microsoft 365. See “License Agreement” link under Information. By installing the app, you agree to these terms and conditions.
Excel on iPad Has a New Look: Check out the new ribbon and commands design and let us know what you think.
Ratings and Reviews
Monthly subscription required
Update - after doing my homework to get excel to work for me via Microsoft account I now realise that it will never work for me on a subscription free basis as I have upgraded to an iPad Pro which is 10.5 and the free excel is only available for devices that are 10.1 or smaller. What a shame, it was very useful, I understand why they have this restriction but wonder if it isn’t time to expand the size limitation as it is highly unlikely that those using it for business would rely on a device as small as a 10.5 iPad.
Previous post: Been using it for years and now stopped working, never required a subscription for basic functions before, it would appear one is required now. I have paid a lot of money for the office suite on my laptop and don’t see why I cannot extend that use to my iPad. In any event I would prefer a one off purchase than yet another monthly amount going out of my account.
Limited functionality that’s not worth the cost
I would rate Excel app on iOS as no more than 2 stars. My reasons for this rating are
The app provides only a subset of the features of the windows excel application. For example, basic pivot tables cannot be created to summarise content.
In more recent times the app has been changed to require a subscription in order to do any updating on even the limited functionality it provided. That is, on my older iPad it was possible to edit, but my newer devices are now being limited to read only without a subscription.
In comparison with the Apple Numbers app which I have recently been trying out, a) the latest Numbers version now provides the ability to create basic pivot tables to summarise content, and b) allows updating on both my iPad and iPhone without a subscription. So, the few personal spreadsheets I maintain have moved from Excel on windows to Numbers on my iPad/iPhone. Overall, the limited excel functionality of Excel on the iPad / iPhone isn’t worth it since similar/better functionality is available elsewhere, e.g Numbers, without a subscription.
Excel iPad & PC platforms - very good
Finally! All the things I care about in Excel (and whined about) have been addressed/fixed and it’s now a brilliant tool cross-platform.
To be honest, I only do the simple stuff, but I love Excel for instant “try this and see” solutions for data and numbers in general. Great graphs. Useful functions. Even the file sizes are very reasonable, given the repetition and iterations in some of my older spreadsheets (>15 years, >20 tabs and still compatible).
I use it on a PC for the most detailed work and spreadsheet creation and testing. On the iPad it’s good and so portable, and it’s even usable on the iPhone, although I use that more for viewing stuff rather than data entry or editing.
I haven’t worked with satellite data links (speed < 1Mbs, high latency) for over a year and they used to give me problems with edit/save permissions on files and uncertainties with file saving to OneDrive cloud storage. However, on a normal land-based connection or cellular data link, everything is just fine. Microsoft 365 is lovely. Thank you.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 263.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Microsoft 365 Personal £5.99
- Office 365 Personal £5.99
- Microsoft 365 Family £7.99
- Office 365 Home £7.99
- Office 365 Home £79.99
- Office 365 Home £7.99
- Office 365 Home £79.99
- Microsoft 365 Personal £59.99
- Office 365 Personal £49.99
- Microsoft 365 Family £79.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.