*** Named “Most Innovative iPad App of the Year” by Apple App Store ***
LiquidText offers a fast, natural way to review, gather, and organize information across all your documents and webpages—then apply the results to writing reports, meeting prep, or simply studying. Pull out key facts and connect them together, squeeze a document to compare sections, draw a line to connect ideas in different documents, comment on multiple pages at once, build upon your thoughts, and much more.
► WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
* "If you want to experience the power of going beyond paper, you can download LiquidText" – Cult of Mac
* One of Macworld’s Top 24 Apps for iPad Pro
* One of Time Magazine's Ten Best apps for iPad Pro *
* "There's a better way to organize your research, and the app is it." – iMore, Serenity Caldwell
* “All you need for deep research projects.” – Macworld, Jackie Dove
* "The world changed with...LiquidText" – Law360, Paul Kiesel
* "LiquidText may just be *the* app for reviewing and annotating PDFs using Apple's tablet and stylus." – CIO Magazine, James Martin
* “One of the most powerful, original iPad apps I've tried in years” – Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
► LIQUIDTEXT’S COMPLETE FEATURE SET INCLUDES:
(Note that to put multiple documents in one project, inking, search across documents, OCR, ref manager integrations, or to use sync and backup, a subscription to our premium service is required. You can also get some of these features with a one-time purchase instead.)
• Create a workspace and import all the documents and web pages you need
• Compatible with PDF, Word, and PowerPoint document types
• Import from Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, email, and more
• Import content from webpage.
• Instant OCR to select text in scanned documents; do a full document-OCR to search as well!
• Import documents & metadata directly from reference managers (supports Zotero and Mendeley)
• Pull excerpts from all the documents in your project into the Workspace area
• Add your own notes to the Workspace area
• Freely draw on your notes, or on the workspace itself
• Organize excerpts and notes into groups
• Connect anything - draw live “ink links” that span pages, documents, notes, and more
• Create mind-maps by drawing “ink links” connecting your excerpts/notes to one another
• Get context - click notes and excerpts to find original source
• Scrollbar shows where highlights, comments, excerpts, and search results are located
• Pinch on your trackpad to compare different distant pages side by side
• Collapse text to see annotated parts side-by-side
• Collapse text to view search results(s) side-by-side
• Import unlimited number of documents into a project, view up to 3 at once
• Freely draw or highlight on your document, notes, or the workspace itself
• Add margin notes/comments to text, images, notes, and excerpts
• Comment on two or more selections simultaneously
• Make comments that link to multiple documents at once
• Search for keywords across all your LiquidText documents
• Search from LiquidText home screen, or from Spotlight
• Find keywords in title or text of your documents
• Export your project as a PDF (includes your Workspace and documents)
• Export your project as a Word file (converts your notes/excerpts into a linear document)
• Send a full LiquidText file for those with the app.
• Send files by email or to Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Zotero, and more
Sync & Backup
• Real-time, cross-platform sync
• Continuous cloud backup
• Multi-device display:
• All your devices are updated in realtime
• Use your desktop or tablet as additional displays for your tablet, or vice versa
• Use your tablet for freehand inking while viewing and keyboarding on your desktop
Learn more at LiquidText.net | Better Than Paper
BIG NEW FEATURES!
► Create links between LiquidText projects!
► Replace a document with a newer version, and annotations come to the new doc!
► Create inline text links to one or more locations!
► Create URL links to LiquidText selections that you can paste into other apps!
► Automatically create excerpts from text you have tagged!
► Create links to an entire set of search results!
► Tag or highlight all of your search results at once!
► This version also includes a bug-fix in thr troubleshooting system.
Ratings and Reviews
If your job or studies involve reading through longer works, LiquidText offers the kind of flexibility you’ve always wished for. Using gestures, you can quickly drag excerpts to a workspace on the side, make notes and comments, or compress pages to compare distant sections. With support for popular file formats, sharing options, and cloud services, it’s so intuitive to use that you’ll forget how you ever read without it.
Liquid text is awesome
I have to digest a lot of long PDF documents and Liquid text allows me to quickly summarise the documents and pull out the main parts of text and images. The one area I'd love to see improved would be the ability to use the whole screen for the workspace. Although you can switch the balance between document and workspace, you can't go full screen on either.
I love the new inking feature. It's a very intuitive way to connect things. Moving items in a large workspace can be fiddly.
If I could export the workspace as a hierarchical OPML file (not currently possible) I'd be so happy. Currently the export options are perhaps the weaker area of the program.
From great innovation into a disappointment
I have used this app since its early days with great enthusiasm. I have even convinced many of my colleagues at the university to start using it. HOWEVER, with time passing by the app seems to be lagging fat behind, resistant to change and ignoring the feedback of its users. To take two examples which I have emailed and participated in the beta testing crying to the developper to include and each time they promise it is coming soon but a year passed with no change. First is the ability to save files on cloud and to use them across different devices. It is a pretty simple thing and when you dont have it makes your life a mess. You have to keep copying files across devices and you run a high risk of losing your notes if something went wrong with your iPad. Second is the ability to copy text from a liquid file and paste into Word without having to manually remove line breaks each time you copy. The absence of this feature makes note taking very cumbersome and time inefficient. What is troubling me is that these features are quite simple and available to other PDF readers. I have been waiting for years but it does not seem the developer of Liquid text care. With sincere regret, I decided to migrate to another app and will manually move my documents one by one . I will also have to apologize to all colleagues I convinced to use this app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LiquidText, Inc.
- 213.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2022 LiquidText, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- LiquidText Pro £25.99
- LT Pro - For Students £17.99
- LiquidText Live, Yearly £83.99
- LiquidText Live, Monthly £8.99
- LiquidText Live, Monthly, Stu £4.49
- LiquidText Live, Monthly, StPr £4.49
- LiquidText Unlimited, Yr £104.99
- LT Pro - For MultiDoc Users £12.99
- LiquidText Pro for MacOS £25.99
- LiquidText Pro for MacOS & iOS £47.99