* Apps of the Year Winner - TIME magazine and Womens Health *
* More time is spent meditating on Insight Timer than all other meditation apps *
* Happiest App in the World - Tristan Harris *
* Featuring top British meditation teachers including Mark Coleman, Mark Williams, Andy Hobson, Bodhipaksa, Tom Evans, Vidyamala Burch and more *
The number 1 free meditation app. Guided meditations and talks led by the world's top meditation and mindfulness experts, neuroscientists, psychologists and teachers from Stanford, Harvard, the University of Oxford and more. Music tracks from world-renowned artists. Join millions learning to meditate on Insight Timer to help calm the mind, reduce anxiety, manage stress, sleep deeply and improve happiness.
With 80+ new free guided meditations added daily, more meditation is practiced on Insight Timer than anywhere else. Great for both beginners and experienced practitioners.
* Thousands of guided meditations
* Select by time for short meditations when on the go, helping you to build a simple daily habit
* Thousands of music tracks and ambient sounds to calm the mind, focus, sleep better and relax
* The world's most popular meditation Timer
* Follow your favourite teachers
* Thousands of discussion groups and community features
* Stats and milestones for tracking your progress
* Integration with Apple Health Mindful Minutes
Browse popular topics including:
* Sleep deeply
* Dealing with Anxiety and Reducing Stress
* Getting through Recovery and Addictions
* Self-love and Compassion
* Focus and Concentration
* Better Relationships
* And much more..
Join leading meditation teachers and musicians including:
* Tara Brach, Ph.D, founder of Insight Meditation Community of Washington
* Mark Williams, Emeritus Professor at Oxford University
* Jack Kornfield, Dartmouth, co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society alongside fellow Insight Timer teachers Sharon Salzberg, and Joseph Goldstein of Columbia
* Sam Harris, Stanford; author, philosopher, neuroscientist, and podcast host
* Gil Fronsdal, Ph.D. at Stanford University
* Moby, international recording artist, DJ, record producer, singer, songwriter
* As well as Sarah Blondin, Mary Maddux, Ajahn Achalo, Melissa Ambrosini, Bodhipaksa, Jonathan Lehmann, Jennifer Piercy, Bethany Auriel-Hagan, Kate James and many more..
Practice the following meditation types:
* Secular Mindfulness
* Buddhist Mindfulness
* Insight Meditation
* Walking Meditation
* Breathing Meditation
* Kundalini Yoga
* Advaita Vedanta
* And many more..
Join community groups for:
* Meetups in London, and throughout the UK
* Transcendental Meditation
* And many more..
PAID FEATURE - INSIGHT PREMIUM MEDITATION
We have one optional in-app subscription.
* The Daily Insight
* Insight Courses
* Night Mode
* Listen offline (download guided meditations to your device)
* Advanced Player (Repeat mode, Fast forward and Rewind, Pick-up where you left off)
* High Quality audio
The subscription is available annually for US$59.99/year, or monthly for US$9.99/month. Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, and will automatically renew at the end of each term unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings, but refunds will not be provided for unused portions of the term. Prices and currency will vary by location. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription, where applicable. The subscription will renew at the same cost.
If you have any questions please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org (not .com).
Terms and Conditions - https://insighttimer.com/terms
This release contains a new LIVE tab where will be introducing thousands of live meditations, talks and musical events. Click any Attend button and we’ll send you a reminder 10 minutes before the event starts.
We’ve also included support for Sign In with Apple and better iPad Multitasking.
For any questions or feedback please contact our wonderful help desk team by emailing email@example.com. All emails are replied to within the hour!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I hardly ever leave reviews but this app gives SO MUCH that I can’t not say something.
It’s such an excellent example of an app that is seamless in its function, intuitive, and actually fully functional without you having to purchase anything. It’s also beautifully made.
It covers all the needs of a daily meditation: from gazillions of free meditations from heaps of different genres, to an easy to use timer. It integrates seamlessly with Apple health and maintains charts of your usage, if that’s something you care about.
It also covers the needs of community, where people can connect via location or meditating at the same time together.
All of this with plenty of privacy if you don’t care for the extra frills.
I love that you can rate the meditations and give feedback. Helpful to read when you’re trying out new ones to listen to.
It’s also a great platform for meditation teachers to showcase their work and potentially gain new interest/custom by offering paid plans.
The subscription part I haven’t upgraded to yet but probably will do as I’m enjoying certain teachers so much that I’d like to explore their work further.
I don’t feel manipulated into upgrading but genuinely wish to contribute to for such a wealth of wellbeing through one tiny app.
My daily meditations are way more fruitful since finding this.
So much gratitude to the people that made this app and all those that contribute.
Best app ever... 👌🏽🌈
Developer Response ,
Zammara - Thank you so much for the kind words of appreciation. Sending much love and light your way. ❤️
Totally messed up my milestones!
I really used to love Insight Timer. Have been using the app for years now. Have appreciated all of the hard work that goes into it, especially form the teachers and developers. With that being said, I’ve worked very hard to accumulate my personal milestones. I was almost at about 100! Then, with one of their most recent updates, it set my milestones back down to 87, siting about 30 of them for the month of August 2019 (not even possible!) and no other milestones before there except from June 2018! This may seem trivial to some, but I have practiced a very disciplined meditation routine, and these milestones were a way of giving myself a little personal pat on the back. Have contacted the help team several times, and each time been told their working on the issue. Weeks later, and still no resolution. So bummed out! Insight Timer, please fix this glitch! Thank you.
Excellent meditation app
I’ve been using Insight Timer for a couple of years now. Initially just for myself, but I’m a nutritional therapist, so I also recommend it to my clients to enhance their health and wellbeing. I used to use Headspace, which is a fantastic app for learning to meditate. However, over time I began to get bored because of the similarities between the various meditations. Also, it was a £50 investment and I was beginning to use it less and less. With Insight Timer, you can either subscribe or use it for free. With the free version you still have access to many different meditations and you can never get bored because you can choose one to fit your particular mood and purpose. The timings also range from a few minutes to over an hour. I can’t recommend this enough. I’m sure I’ll use it (and my clients will too) for many years to come.
Developer Response ,
- Insight Network Inc
- 192.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Insight Network, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Insight Premium Meditation £9.49
- Insight Premium Meditation £55.99
- Meditation Course: Single Use £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.