* Apps of the Year Winner - TIME magazine and Womens Health *
* More time is spent meditating on Insight Timer than all other meditation apps *
* Happiest App in the World - Tristan Harris *
* Featuring top British meditation teachers including Mark Coleman, Mark Williams, Andy Hobson, Bodhipaksa, Tom Evans, Vidyamala Burch and more *
The number 1 free meditation app. Guided meditations and talks led by the world's top meditation and mindfulness experts, neuroscientists, psychologists and teachers from Stanford, Harvard, the University of Oxford and more. Music tracks from world-renowned artists. Join millions learning to meditate on Insight Timer to help calm the mind, reduce anxiety, manage stress, sleep deeply and improve happiness.
With 80+ new free guided meditations added daily, more meditation is practiced on Insight Timer than anywhere else. Great for both beginners and experienced practitioners.
* Thousands of guided meditations
* Select by time for short meditations when on the go, helping you to build a simple daily habit
* Thousands of music tracks and ambient sounds to calm the mind, focus, sleep better and relax
* The world's most popular meditation Timer
* Follow your favourite teachers
* Thousands of discussion groups and community features
* Stats and milestones for tracking your progress
* Integration with Apple Health Mindful Minutes
Browse popular topics including:
* Sleep deeply
* Dealing with Anxiety and Reducing Stress
* Getting through Recovery and Addictions
* Self-love and Compassion
* Focus and Concentration
* Better Relationships
* And much more..
Join leading meditation teachers and musicians including:
* Tara Brach, Ph.D, founder of Insight Meditation Community of Washington
* Mark Williams, Emeritus Professor at Oxford University
* Jack Kornfield, Dartmouth, co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society alongside fellow Insight Timer teachers Sharon Salzberg, and Joseph Goldstein of Columbia
* Sam Harris, Stanford; author, philosopher, neuroscientist, and podcast host
* Gil Fronsdal, Ph.D. at Stanford University
* Moby, international recording artist, DJ, record producer, singer, songwriter
* As well as Sarah Blondin, Mary Maddux, Ajahn Achalo, Melissa Ambrosini, Bodhipaksa, Jonathan Lehmann, Jennifer Piercy, Bethany Auriel-Hagan, Kate James and many more..
Practice the following meditation types:
* Secular Mindfulness
* Buddhist Mindfulness
* Insight Meditation
* Walking Meditation
* Breathing Meditation
* Kundalini Yoga
* Advaita Vedanta
* And many more..
Join community groups for:
* Meetups in London, and throughout the UK
* Transcendental Meditation
* And many more..
PAID FEATURE - INSIGHT PREMIUM MEDITATION
We have one optional in-app subscription.
* Insight Courses
* Listen offline (download guided meditations to your device)
* Advanced Player (Repeat mode, Fast forward and Rewind, Pick-up where you left off)
* High-Quality audio
The subscription is available annually for US$59.99/year, or monthly for US$9.99/month. Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, and will automatically renew at the end of each term unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings, but refunds will not be provided for unused portions of the term. Prices and currency will vary by location. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription, where applicable. The subscription will renew at the same cost.
If you have any questions please reach out via https://help.insighttimer.com
Terms and Conditions - https://insighttimer.com/terms
Thank you for being part of our growing global community of 19 million meditators! To give you the best experience there is, here are some new updates to explore and enjoy:
- Introducing ‘Feeds’ into Circles: Create posts, reply directly, like and recommend content to your Circle.
- Circle admins: Circle admins can now choose who posts in the feed and assign members as moderators to help manage the Circle.
For any questions, please contact our Support Team by emailing email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
I almost never write app reviews. But now I absolutely have to.
This is hands down the best meditation app I have ever used. And I have tried many, always inevitably hitting the paywall before I could truly appreciate the content. I have been battling mood swings and depression for most of my life now. Most times when I tried to meditate, I simply failed, unable to stay still, focus on my breath and maintain control of my constantly buzzing mind. I thought, maybe this just isn’t for me. But I could not give up. My desperate need for inner peace kept me trying. And then I came across the Insight Timer and listened to a meditation session by the lovely Sarah Blondin and I was so impressed. It did actually work! Now I am hooked and I meditate every single day and this time around it’s not a chore, it is a treat! If you give this one a go, you are likely to end up subscribing not as much because you need to access the premium features, but because you genuinely want to say your thanks to the teachers by supporting them! I could not be more grateful. ❤️
I hardly ever leave reviews but this app gives SO MUCH that I can’t not say something.
It’s such an excellent example of an app that is seamless in its function, intuitive, and actually fully functional without you having to purchase anything. It’s also beautifully made.
It covers all the needs of a daily meditation: from gazillions of free meditations from heaps of different genres, to an easy to use timer. It integrates seamlessly with Apple health and maintains charts of your usage, if that’s something you care about.
It also covers the needs of community, where people can connect via location or meditating at the same time together.
All of this with plenty of privacy if you don’t care for the extra frills.
I love that you can rate the meditations and give feedback. Helpful to read when you’re trying out new ones to listen to.
It’s also a great platform for meditation teachers to showcase their work and potentially gain new interest/custom by offering paid plans.
The subscription part I haven’t upgraded to yet but probably will do as I’m enjoying certain teachers so much that I’d like to explore their work further.
I don’t feel manipulated into upgrading but genuinely wish to contribute to for such a wealth of wellbeing through one tiny app.
My daily meditations are way more fruitful since finding this.
So much gratitude to the people that made this app and all those that contribute.
Best app ever... 👌🏽🌈
Developer Response ,
Zammara - Thank you so much for the kind words of appreciation. Sending much love and light your way. ❤️
Favorite Meditation App
I find insight timer more spiritual and personable than other apps, you can easily chat with teachers or other listeners in the lives or in their circle. It has a get-together feel even though it’s online which is impressive. I downloaded it for meditation and helping me sleep, along with others headspace etc. And this by far my favourite. I used to have headspace premium Insight Timer has so much great content and more to offer even on the free version - ie. the live talks/classes. There’s so many different teachers across the world, the range of stuff on there is incredible music/meditation/sound baths/yoga/life coaching. Even within the meditations there’s so many categories covering different subjects. I like being able to donate to the teachers & give back to the service without being locked into a subscription - although I might upgrade to premium soon just to support the app.
It’s brilliant, don’t change a thing!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Insight Network Inc
- 217.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2021 Insight Network, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Insight Premium Meditation £9.49
- Insight Premium Meditation £55.99
- Meditation Teacher Donation 1 £1.79
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.