The ultimate orchestra sound app for sophisticated musicians by award-winning sound designer Kurt Ader, designed as professional sound module for your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch by connecting an external MIDI keyboard, using the Apple USB camera adapter or another adapter supported by Apple.¹
Listen to the demo videos on our product website!
This app supports Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus for audio & MIDI connections from/to other audio apps, as well as Bluetooth LE MIDI !
iSymphonic Orchestra was designed with the goal to deliver you superb, extremely realistic and stunning orchestra sounds, instantly with the first key being pressed by you on your MIDI keyboard. Just select a sound and you are ready for your live performance or for a boost of creativity while composing new songs. The sounds used in this app were explicitly recorded to fulfill these requirements and involved several months of recording and post processing under supervision of Kurt Ader and included a variety of innovative, new recording techniques. So far these sounds were only available to very few, famous movie composers. Now they are finally available for the first time to everybody. The supreme quality of these sounds, combined with the unique way they were recorded and assembled, gives us confidence that you haven't heard anything comparable as of to date, even not on Mac or PC.
25 Sounds included with base App:
• Orchestra Strings Spiccato & Legato 1 - 4
• Orchestra Strings Slow 1 - 3
• Chamber Arco Strings
• Legato Orchestra Strings 1
• Full Sordino Strings 1 - 2
• Legato Orchestra
• Staccato Orchestra 1 - 3
• Tremolo Orchestra
• Pizzicato Strings
• Full Strings
• Tremolo Strings
• All Brass 1 - 2
• Trombone Section
• Cello & Woodwinds
• Horns & Strings
• Full Legato Orchestra
297 additional sounds available as 15 optional in-app purchase sound sets: „Pro-", „Arpa-", „Canto-", „Boato-", „Vento-", „Ottone-", „Voce-", „Varia-", „Perla-", „Aulos-", „Keys-", „Cupra-", „Organ-", „Tosca-" and „Corda Sound Set". You find a detailed sound list & demo videos on our product website.
• Low latency disk streaming.
• Very efficient audio engine.
• Polyphony of several hundred stereo voices.²
• Audio latency down to 1 ms.
• Integrated effects with 18 presets.
• 16 parts.
• Scale Tuning & Master Tune.
• MIDI velocity response curve editor.
• App States: Save app's entire state as user presets.
• Interactive, easy & quick sound finder.
• App can keep running in the background, so you can play on your keyboard while e.g. using Safari or another app to display scores or surfing the Internet.
• Hermode Tuning: Imitates the tuning behavior of well educated musicians of i.e. orchestras and choirs.
• Audio Unit v3 Plugin included.
• Supports Apple's "Inter-App Audio" (IAA) system.
• Audiobus support.
• Virtual on-screen piano keyboard with velocity support, scalable & scrollable.
MIDI Player / Recorder:
• Record, save and load your songs in standard MIDI file format.
• Share your songs easily as audio file.
• Unlimited amount of tracks.
• Configurable MIDI channel per track.
• Unlimited recording and playback length.
• Open MIDI (.mid) files directly from other apps (i.e. from Safari, Mail).
• Use the "Tempo Zoom" dial knob to i.e. slow down playback at any time and learn your favorite songs easily.
¹ For more information about supported adapters and MIDI keyboards, please visit our product website.
² Sounds are using several voices per note. Polyphony depends on the exact device model being used. You find a polyphony table on our product website.
This update fixes several issues with the new iPad Air 3 and iPad mini 5 models.
Ratings and Reviews
gets expensive as you add instruments
This is a great sounding base for orchestral sounds. However, the sounds that would be useful for lush orchestral movements are spread over various packs. This is unnecessary greed and a little devious. It forces users to have to purchase more packs than needed just to get, for example and extra piano/strings sound layer.
I fell into this trap. This app can work out fairly expensive unfortunately, considering most musicians (Me included) do not have vast funds.
If I started buying all the packs I’d like to have, I think by the end of it, my wife would be filing for divorce, even though it’s MY salary that pays for everything from the mortgage to feeding the children.
A great experience ruined by the accumulative costs.
Some sounds are good, some are poor. Does not work well as an AU. The packs are poorly bundled so as to make you buy them all. There will be 4/5 good sounds and some superfluous sounds with each pack. Could do with proper orchestral percussion. When it works it's good. Needs favourite sounds folder. Should've been a 40 quid bundle for it all. I've spent about 200.
Developer Response ,
Upcoming iSymphonic 2.0 fixes an issue with the AU plugin under heavy load. Here are also some previews of the upcoming new features in iSymphonic 2.0: https://twitter.com/crudebyte
Superb app at affordable price
Very easy to use. It integrated with my iPad Cubasis easily and the multiple instances were automatically recognised. The sounds are very high quality and the added reverbs tasteful but easily switched off if not wanted. I would recommend this app as a plugin for all musicians.
- Christian Schoenebeck d/b/a Crudebyte
- 1.4 GB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2019 Crudebyte & KApro Kurt Ader Productions
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Sound Set £11.99
- Canto Sound Set £11.99
- Arpa Sound Set £8.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.