Pure Piano is a professional, multi-sampled concert grand piano with a unique Morph Pad that allows you to explore a multitude of sounds ranging from mellow and intimate tones to surreal, cinematic textures.
Similar to an XY pad in its flat, tactile nature, the Morph Pad offers up nine different core timbres of the piano including percussive, cinematic, bright, and intimate, to name a few. The “pure” piano sits untouched at the heart and center of the space, surrounded by eight more presets for you to explore as you guide your finger seamlessly through the wide-ranging tonal palette of the piano. As you do so, the various timbres blend together allowing you to create your own sounds comprising combinations of neighboring presets for you to save and recall. It doesn’t stop there either. The Morph Pad is linked to the app’s inbuilt EQ, reverb, and delay and so operates as a macro control adding even more to the experience by way of ever-changing texture and atmosphere, all from just one single piano.
Pure Piano works as a standalone app or as an AUv3 plug-in within your DAW of choice, and extensive connectivity options allow you to connect to your keyboard controller with ease via USB, direct, or Bluetooth MIDI to experience the sound of a professional grand piano through your headphones or speakers. The app also supports direct connection to your Mac using Inter Device Audio (IDAM). This enables you to easily integrate Pure Piano into your desktop projects by sending MIDI and receiving audio with one single cable, as well as network MIDI and Inter-App Audio for triggering the piano from other apps that you might have installed.
Equipped with customizable reverb, EQ, and delay, sound creation becomes even more creative. Simply unlink any of the audio effects from the Morph Pad to dial in your own settings. Maybe you want to add a long reverb tail to add some extra atmosphere, tweak the EQ a little or add some delay to a particular sound. It’s up to you.
If all that isn’t enough, there’s a host of flexible tuning options for when you need them. The stretched, concert piano tuning is how a piano technician would tune the piano for concerts in order to achieve rich tonal chord textures across the entire range. The equal temperament tuning on the other hand is the standard western tuning scheme, best for when layering Pure Piano with other sounds like electric pianos, pads or strings. Also provided is the ability to transpose the piano up or down in either semi-tones or Hz for fine-tune adjustments.
Pure Piano is designed and developed by Hamburg-based e-instruments, renowned for their high-end digital recreations of acoustic instruments.
• Interactive Morph Pad - Explore the many timbres of a concert grand
• Nine different sounds - Navigate and blend between nine core sounds
• Studio Quality Audio at Ultra-low Latency
• Extensive Connectivity - Connect via USB, direct, or Bluetooth MIDI. Inter Device Audio (IDAM), Network MIDI, and Inter-App Audio also fully supported
• Standalone and AUv3 plug-in compatible - Plug and play or use within your favourite music production software
• Zynaptiq QREV Reverb - Have fun adding extra atmosphere and depth to your sound
• 3-Band EQ and Delay - Get creative with customizable EQ and Delay, or use the Morph Pad as a macro control
• Save and Load Your Own Presets - Wherever you land on the Morph Pad, if you like the sound you hear – save it and recall it again later
• Flexible Tuning Options - Choose between equal or stretched tuning, and transpose the piano by semitones or Hz
• Customizable velocity curve - Match the response of your keyboard to Pure Piano
• 24-bit, 44.1 kHz
• Requires iOS 13 or above
• 1.1GB installation
New in version 1.3
- Improved stability and performance when using multiple instances.
Ratings and Reviews
What a bundle of PURE JOY Pure Piano is , the sound’s are truly great especially the cinematic piano which can be brightened to give that Forest Gump style piano sound which is really beautiful, I own different piano app’s like iGrand and Ravenscroft 275 plus other piano’s that are within other app’s but this one is now definitely my favourite , if you’re thinking of buying this app I would personally recommend it as it’s well worth the money and an absolute must for anyone who is using an iPad as a sound module to supply acoustic piano sounds
The new best piano on iOS
This is a great piano, not only wonderful sounding but also very versatile with the morph pad, velocity and tuning options.
Other apps can crackle when the sustain pedal is down and lots of notes are being played, but not this one.
Instant favourite IOS piano
Great sounding piano, pretty stable from my experience of it so far. Would absolutely recommend.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- e-instruments lab GmbH
- 1.1 GB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 e-instruments lab GmbH
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.