Music Writing is easy and fun when you use iWriteMusic!
Have you ever been frustrated by Music Notation Apps because
“They are too complicated to learn?" or “It takes forever to finish writing?”
iWriteMusic will make it possible for you to create a beautiful sheet music in no time.
Best fit for professional musicians, music teachers and students. For songwriters, composers and arrangers. For both singers and instrumentalists (piano, violin, cello, guitar, flute, saxophone, trumpet, drums, etc.). Great for writing down ideas, creating lesson materials, creating lead sheets, or creating scores and parts for chorus groups, choirs, chamber orchestras, jazz bands, Latin bands, orchestras, and more. For daily practice, rehearsals, concerts, iWriteMusic will help you enrich your musical life!
Check out 8 reasons to choose iWriteMusic SE (Special Edition)
1. You can understand this app almost instantly!
Because of Truly Intuitive and Extremely Simple user interface, you barely need to read pages of manuals nor watching numbers of instruction videos. Unlike Finale, Sibelius and other similar apps, you just have a few things to learn to be able to use this app pretty well.
2.Double your productivity with our Highly Efficient Input System.
If you’re already familiar with notation apps and looking for faster & more efficient entry system, try our innovative One-Flick Entry System along with Traditional Entry System to get your job done in no time!
What is Traditional Entry System?
- The choices will appear with ToolBox.
- Select a value and the location separately.
- Recommended to those who are not yet familiar with any music notation apps.
What is OneFlick Entry System?
- The choices will appear when you touch the screen.
- Select a location and the value at once.
- The selection will change as you slide your finger to left/right.
- Recommended to those who are familiar with music notation apps and looking for faster and more efficient entry system.
3. Creates beautiful sheet music / music score
- absolutely professional quality!
- rich options for page layout adjustment
- easy parts creation
- easy score/parts management
- direct print-out via AirPrint
4. Supports most of major notation elements
- multi-track writing
- multi-voice writing
- percussion/drums notation
- chord symbols and lyrics
- multi-bar rest
- time change
- key change
- clef change
- tempo change
- grace note
- articulations and dynamics marks
- easy song transpose
- partial transpose
and many more!
5. Useful playback options for practice
- mixer with solo, mute and voice select
- loop and swing options
6. Data & sheet music sharing
- exports/Imports iWriteMusic data file
- exports PDF or JPG
- exports Standard MIDI file which can be imported by other apps such as GarageBand
7. Extremely Compact Size (15 MB)
You can save your device storage space
for photos and other apps.
8. Best of all, it's Free!
Yes, it's Free and Over 1.4 Million people all over the world has created music with this app family. Let's get started now!
Note: This is for iPhone (iPad version sold separately)
Version 3.0 supports:
- Slide Over (on capable iPads only)
- Split View (on capable iPads only)
- adaption to bigger screen
- redesigned navigation
- built-in keyboard + One Flick entry
- iCloud access (Free versions)
- customizable favorite tools
- improved One Flick entry
- improved score/parts management
- improved page layout settings
- x/16 time signature
- 64th note/rest
- more mixed triplets
- The response of playbacks and drawing may vary and may be limited depends on the device capability, numbers of tracks and the apps running in background.
Limitations on SE (Special Edition):
1. Water mark appears on page views and printouts.
2. Can’t save more than 5 songs.
3. Can't play more than 30 seconds at a time.
4. Can't import iWriteMusic data file. (export only)
5. Can't export Standard MIDI file.
- Performance Improvements
(( New in 3.2 ))
- Song Form auto recognition : follows repeat signs on playback
- Custom Song Form : accept custom song form created manually
- Incomplete Bar by show/hide TimeSignature
- Swing Indication can be shown accordingly.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a nice app. It takes a little patience to learn the interface. In the default mode the finger obscures some of the tiles, which are quite small, making it difficult to select the type of note you want. This can be remedied to some extent by changing the toolbar configuration. Note placement is also a little fiddly but it is possible to zoom in for more accurate placement. It's a bit fiddly to work with at first but you get used to it. The built in keyboard seems to work quite well and I was considering purchasing the full version but would prefer an app that supports note entry from a connected MIDI keyboard as well as the ability to save to MusicXML which is not supported here nor in the paid for version.
Has promise, but parts are unuseable
This has the makings of a really intuitive, useful little app for notating music. If you have any experience of music writing software you’ll figure this out - it’s pretty light on features, but for jotting down sketches and the basics, it has most of what you need.
However, the menus are not displaying correctly - the text is overlayed with three of four headings sitting on top of each other, making some of the menus unreadable (hence I can’t tell you exactly what features are available because I can’t read or access some of them). This feels a real shame, and a lost opportunity. I would gladly pay for the full version if I thought that menus and labels would display adequately.
Oh, and having just read Barry Cooper’s biography of Beethoven that has the same image of the composer on the cover, devs: I’d just flag the copyright issues here.
I have been using this over the last month to write a small piece for 6 instruments for Christmas. I'm pretty new to this. My free month of Sibelius was intimidating, this seems much simpler and intuitive. Occasionally note input freezes and I have to go back a step to waken it up but otherwise it behaves very well. Great to be able to sort out transposing instruments just by playing with the key signature at the end. Remarkable because it's free ! Who knows , I may lash out and buy pro to get rid of the watermarks.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kazuo Nakamura
- 14.7 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Kazuo Nakamura
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.