Juxtaposer: cut, combine, edit 4+
Easily create photo montages
Pocket Pixels Inc.
- Offers In-App Purchases
Juxtaposer lets you combine multiple pictures into creative and fun photomontages quickly and easily.
Take any element from one picture and add it to another. Remix your pets into a mythical creature, swap a statue's head with your friend's, or combine photos into surreal and beautiful works of art. Juxtaposer has the power and features of a professional creative tool, but is simple to use and just as importantly, it's fun!
- Short tutorial videos will turn you into a photomontage artist in no time.
- The new Magic Crop feature makes it super fast and easy to cut something out of your top image, thanks to a powerful Machine Learning model.
- Your composite images are exported at the full resolution of the background image, even if it's huge (40 MP+)!
- The image adjustment tools let you match your images' color and lighting, and fine-tune the look of your creation.
- Zoom in to work on fine details with pixel-level accuracy.
- Add elements from as many photos as you like to your background image.
- Load photos from your iPhone photo library, Unsplash, Dropbox or Flickr, .
- Share your photomontages on Twitter or Flickr. Email them, or save them to your Dropbox.
- Save your cutout images in the Stamp Manager for later use. You can also share these "stamps" with friends or export them as transparent PNGs.
- Undo any edit. Experiment safely, you can always get back to where you started.
- 20 blend modes (like Multiply, Screen and Overlay) let advanced iPhoneographers create unique effects.
- The "red mask" view mode shows you just the top image with the erased parts in red. It is helpful when precisely cutting out an element.
* WhatsOnIphone.com: "The application works incredibly well and makes an otherwise challenging process simple and fun. It blows my mind that you can do such things on an iPhone."
* TUAW: "This $2.99 app is a lot of fun, as well as one of the best-executed compositing tools for a mobile device that I've ever seen."
* IphoneAppReviews: "Pretty much everyone, at some point in time, has had the uncontrollable urge to take a friend’s photo and do something truly evil with it. Juxtaposer is an awesome photo-editing tool that can make that dream a reality!"
This update fixes loading PNG images with transparency in iOS 15.1 as well as some minor UI issues in the New Session screen.
Ratings and Reviews
The gateway drug into compositing.
From around 17/18 years old I became fairly obsessed with scrolling through forums full of comedic composites of altered film posters and album covers, and though I desperately wanted to join in, Photoshop seemed too dense and online tutorials were not what they are now.
I picked this app up more than 10 years ago (originally on a different Apple account) and can honestly say that it’s given me more hours of genuine happiness than any other app on a phone. It’s simplicity also made Photoshop ‘click’ for me, all of a sudden the concepts were more accessible and I went on to mastering Photoshop to a level that is more than sufficient for my purposes.
This is still my go to app for on-the-fly, well natured trolling of friends and family, using it at least a few times a week.
The quality of life features that have been introduced over the years have only improved the original experience for me. If I could request a feature, for me the single biggest impact would be to add blur to layers. When compositing images of varying resolutions, a blur would soften the transition, or when wanting to add something to the background of an image, a blur would help match the depth of field of the original shot.
A huge thank you to the dev for not only creating this fantastic app, but continuing to improve on it. I cannot recommend it enough.
A very fast way to replace or remove a background from a photograph, very easy to use, with a little patience some remarkable changes can be made to photograph. It would benefit though from maybe a straight line tool as it can be fiddly trying to do a line with a circle, but experimenting with a ruler is one option. Great app though, highly recommended.
Since I wrote the review above it has been vastly improved, it’s fantastic, no adverts too, no payment required but I did send the developer a donation and I will continue to send donations. I use the app mainly for single item products and to remove the background and replace it with something else. 10 out of 10 there is not much if anything that would improve it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for the nice review and the donations! Much appreciated!
The best juxtaposing app, with a developer who went out of his way!
I think you are amazing-working in school, we are using the app to bring learning to life on so many levels, together with other apps such as Strip Designer you guys let us make learning jump out for the kids, putting them into a story etc...The best juxtaposing app yet, with a developer who went out of his way not to charge for the new update, the new update makes this a MUST for novice or pro user! Thanks bro!
Developer Response ,
Thank you, that's really great to hear that you are using it in school and that you and the kids are finding the recent update useful!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pocket Pixels Inc.
- 121.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2009 Pocket Pixels Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Tip £1.99
- Generous Tip £4.99
- Great Tip £9.99