PAT (Portable Appliance) Testing / Test and Tag App for your iPhone or iPad.
Designed to work with SimplyPats - Data can be imported and exported too and from SimplyPats Version 7 or SimplyPats Version 7 Manual Plus Edition PAT Testing Software** (for Windows OS).
Manually log your PAT Testing Results using your iPhone or iPad, and if you own a Kewtech SMARTPAT you can control the PAT Tester via Remote mode using the App.
The Database used by KEWPAT is capable of storing large amounts of PAT Test Data between single (if in-house Testing) or multiple (if PAT Testing as a Contractor) Customers, and is designed to be compatible with the SimplyPats Manual Plus or Downloading Edition software, available seperately.
Information such as the Customer Contact details, Sites, Locations, Appliance Id's, Descriptions, Retest Periods as well as detailed Test Results can all be entered and stored. If you need to record extended information such as: Make, Model, Fuse, Serial Number, Price and Repair info and other information, you can choose to display the Extra Info screen during the Test Sequence.
Detailed Visual Test Information can also be recorded with individual checks for Socket, Plug, Switch, Flex and Body as well as OK for continued use and suitable for the environment it’s operating in. As with the Extra info, this is an optional screen that can be turned on during the Test Sequence, otherwise just an overall Visual Test status will be recorded.
Fields with the "Hold For List" option let you either type information in using the on screen keyboard, or select pre-defined entries from a list. You can add your own entries to any list which is a great way of entering frequently used Appliance Descriptions, Sites, Locations, Notes, Makes and Models etc.
Scanning of Barcodes are supported for data entry of Appliance Id or Serial Numbers. QR Codes can be read using your main camera where they have been printed out via the KEWPAT App using a compatible Bluetooth Printer (available separately).
Limits and Results for each test are pre-configured but can be overwritten or selected from a list. The Resistance Calculator can also be used to set the Limit for Earth Bond in Manual Mode.
Both Visual and Electrical Retest Periods can be set manually or calculated automatically using the Risk Assessment tool.
Support for taking photos is included.
The App can be configured in various ways depending on what PAT Testing information you need to record.
Features at a glance:
- Export Data to SimplyPats**
- Import SimplyPats Data Files (ideal for repopulating the App with Data)
- Remote Control Kewtech SMARTPAT.
- Quick Manual entry of data for non downloadable PAT machines.
- Barcode Scanning.*
- Take Photos.*
- Annotations (Arrows) on Photos.
- Comprehensive search and Filter of test results.
- Easy Custom Test setup for SMARTPAT.
- User definable lists for Appliance Descriptions, Sites, Locations.
- Extra Notes fields, Make Model, Appliance Serial Number which can be switched off if not wanted.
- IET COP Rev 4 Extended Visual Questions (again can be switched off is simple Visual Pass and Fail required.
- Ability to print labels using a Compatible Bluetooth Printer.
- Multiple Barcode label formats including QR and Code39.
- Inbuilt Resistance calculator to calculate resistance of Cables by CSV and length.
- Inbuilt Risk calculator to give suggested IET COP Rev 4 retest periods.
- Collect customer signature on App on completion of work.
- Email summary of tests direct to Customer.
- Ability to store 10's of thousands of assets and test results.
- Flip between Dark or Light Colour schemes.
- Charge and repair Codes compatible with SimplyPats.
- Repeat Last Test using SMARTPAT.
- Auto increment Appliance Id (inc Alpha Prefix).
* Certain features or functionality may depend on your device and the hardware available.
Features may change without notice
*** Backup your Database before installing any Updates and make sure you copy it to another Device ***
Added support for iOS 14
Added support for new compact KEW80L printer
Added support for new IET Code Of Practice Revision 5
Amended Leakage limit on all Autotests to 5.0mA and on all Manual Entry Screens
Added 3 New Default Autotest Sequences: Older Designed Equipment, Point To Point and ES1 (SELV) Equipment
Increased Maximum Number of Continuity and Polarity tests possible in a autotest sequence from 8 to 12
Ratings and Reviews
Good APP but needs some work
As a “Competent person” opposed to a qualified electrician in the eyes of PAT testing, this APP is ideal for ease of use, features, workflow and data entry.
However there are a couple of issues that need addressing. The barcode scanner frequently crashes and closes the APP forcing a restart of the app and the test and also the “custom notes” seem very random as to whether or not they actually work or not.
Overall though, this is a great app and very usable. Would be even better if the issues were addressed though.
I’m really liking this app and I can see the benefits, but unfortunately when I’m trying to access the calendar settings and also trying to forward docs the app closes off and kicks me out every time, I’ve tried rebooting, deleting and reinstalling the app all to not avail, I can’t find anyway if contacting the developers and really hoping this issue gets sorted ASAP
Developer Response ,
It would be good to get some more detailed information from you with regards to these issues. If you send an email to email@example.com, we can pick it up from there and look into it in more detail, it may be good to contact you by phone if you include your contact details.
Good idea but app needs improvement
Annoying when screen locks the app starts from home page and looses previously entered data and connection with printer. Also when you switch screens between different appd for example to send email this app seem to close itself and loose memory. Also every time you open the app it opens with one specific customer, not on for example choose customer for a new job or add customer for new job? Few changes would have made this app very good.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- RSR Systems Limited
- 16.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © RSR Systems Limited 2020