Learn a new language intuitively with Rosetta Stone, the most trusted name in language learning.
Pick up words and concepts instinctively and without translation. Rosetta Stone’s award-winning mobile app trains you to associate words with imagery in real-life situations, so you can fully engage with your new language. It’s a natural way of learning that grows your ability so you can speak confidently in any setting. Join the millions of people who have discovered a new language with Rosetta Stone.
• 2018 Platinum Award for Best Educational App by the Best Mobile App Awards
• 2018 PCMag Editors’ Choice
• 2018 Tabby Awards Winner
TOP 3 FEATURES
1. Improve your pronunciation with TruAccent®, the world’s best speech recognition technology.
2. Learn with the Rosetta Stone immersion method. Move easily from words to phrases, to conversations.
3. Perfect your language skills offline. Listen to our downloadable lessons and keep learning, wherever you are.
YOUR ROSETTA STONE JOURNEY
1. Open up your world
Choose from 24 languages: Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), English (US), English (UK), French, Japanese, Italian, German, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, Korean, Dutch, Tagalog, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Irish, Farsi, Polish, Swedish, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
2. Begin your journey
Practice learning the basic greetings, questions, and phrases you need to introduce yourself, get around, and start simple conversations. Refine your accent with our TruAccent® technology. Read short stories aloud for instant feedback. What you learn now is the foundation of your language journey.
3. Find your feet
This is where your learning experience really gets going. Get outside and explore your surroundings! Eat out, order a drink, ask for directions, haggle over an item, or make a new friend. Consult our easy-to-access Phrasebook for greetings, phrases, and useful expressions. Out and about without internet access? Learn offline with downloadable lessons, or listen to our audio companion.
4. Express yourself
You’re now beginning to feel confident expressing feelings and opinions in your new language. You can talk about everyday life, ask for advice, communicate with clients, and make jokes. You’re surprised at how much you can speak and understand!
5. Converse with ease
You’re thinking, expressing feelings, and dreaming in your new language. You can conduct business and socialize with confidence. You’re expressing yourself on a range of topics, from politics to sports, and everything in between. Congratulations! Strangers become friends and the world becomes a smaller place when you’ve learned a new language.
Try us free for 3 days! If you enjoy your Rosetta Stone trial, do nothing and your subscription will automatically continue.
• Get full access to all lessons, stories, and audio companion when you subscribe to Rosetta Stone.
• Payment will be charged to your Apple ID.
• Your account will be auto-renewed 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• Manage or cancel your subscription from your App Store User Settings at any time after purchasing. Payment will be taken until the end of the current period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
We offer the following subscription durations:
Enterprise and Education Learners
• Unlimited use of Rosetta Stone's mobile app is available for existing Enterprise and Education Learners.
• Features may vary for Enterprise and Education Learners.
For questions or assistance, please visit http://support.rosettastone.com
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RosettaStone/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/rosettastone
• Includes various fixes and enhancements to improve your experience with Rosetta Stone.
Ratings and Reviews
I’m in year 6 going into year 7 and for languages I’m going to be learning french. All my life the language I’ve learnt at school is Spanish and a little bit of German however no french whatsoever. I decided to try this language app and it was amazing! Despite always hating language lessons, this app has made me want to learn all the languages because it’s very fun. My seven year old cousin was watching me use this app and when I asked her opinion she said it looks really fun. All the other apps I tried cost money although this app was optional if you would use money. I’ve been using the free version. Moreover there is a version which costs money which is apparently better. All in all, if you or anyone you know wants to learn a language I recommend this app.😄😍😻
Very Good App - Gets Developer Attention Quickly
Updated my score from 3 to 4 as the bugs fixed very quickly.
I’m not sure why some users have given this a poor score for being a RIP off as Rosetta Stone has always had a cost associated with it. It’s far superior to most free apps.!What I would recommend is look for voucher codes as there are always ones around and you can usually pay 50% or more less. I think it’s well worth the money and learning through interaction is much better than through simple translation. However, it would be so much better if they did have the English captions especially for the words that start and join sentences together like, they have, they are, I have, the man has etc. it does get more obvious though as you go along.
Still the best thing for learning language. Be wary of the customer services though - they are useless, that’s why it gets a four rather than 5. Luckily you never really need them 😉
Great for learning. App could be improved.
I’m enjoying learning with the Rosetta Stone app and I feel like I’m making good progress in all the languages I’m learning.
Unfortunately there are a couple of issues with the app that make learning less enjoyable than it could be:
1. The iPhone version of the app isn’t well optimised for a phone sized screen. In exercises where there are more than 2 images the text becomes cutoff and images that you need to choose from to answer the exercise are tiny. I know that you can click on the image to make it bigger, but this is annoying. I just feel like if you compare the app to Duolingo, the Rosetta Stone app could be much better optimised for smaller displays.
2. I frequently move between the iPad version of the app (where none of the layout issues exist) and the iPhone version and syncing of progress between the two devices is very slow. It would be better if this handover was smoother.
- Rosetta Stone Ltd.
- 255.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Rosetta Stone Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- French 12 Months Access £99.99
- Spanish 12 Months Access £99.99
- French – 3 Months £39.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.