*** FREE 30 DAY SUBSCRIPTION TRIAL – READ OUR LATEST ISSUE FREE TODAY ***
Linux Format is the voice of the Linux and open source community. Its unique style brings you entertaining and essential tutorials, news and reviews for leading distros like Ubuntu, Mint, Debian and Arch, plus help with maker projects on the Raspberry Pi, Arduino and more.
Get the best from open source technology such as Gnome, KDE, Docker and virtualisation; learn great programming tips in our essential Coding Academy including Python, Rust, Android and beyond! Whether you’re an IT professional, sysadmin or you just want to make computing fun again, Linux Format is for you.
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on 1 month and 1 year terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. You can cancel your subscription at any point.
Individual issues are priced at:
Single issue £6.99 / $6.99 / €7.99
With subscription prices at:
1 month £3.99 / $4.99 / €4.99
1 year £44.99 / $59.99 / €59.99
Prices subject to change - please check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition. ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
• We've rebranded the app with our new logo and updated the messaging system.
• Bookmarking bug fix. Some users reported that bookmarks were flickering which has now been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Always a great mag, but why so pricey?
I was excited to see Linux format available on the app store being a Linux user and big fan of the magazine. Even a free copy to read, Great!
Then to my shock the price to buy, £4.99 come on! £2.99 is a better price. At its current price I won't be buying it.
Great magazine but
A great magazine to read but the digital version for the phone is horrible. You can't adjust the pages in read mode which is very unpleasant.
Open Source Read only for 30 days
So a magazine promoting the benefits of open source software. Yet, it is a paid subscription. Moved on.
- Future Publishing Ltd.
- 68 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Future Publishing Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription £3.99
- 1 Year Subscription £44.99
- February 2012 £6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.