Get the very latest news from Liverpool, Merseyside & around the globe, celebrity gossip and sport 24/7. Keep up to date with Everton & Liverpool football teams and find out what's on in your area.
Completely customisable, the Liverpool Echo App allows you to tailor what news you consume and when. You can even follow your Premiership football team to keep informed of the latest news on your favourite club, from Everton to Liverpool FC.
The Liverpool Echo app is the best way to follow breaking Liverpool and world news, including live blogs and live video.
Keep up-to-date with the latest in:
· Top local news stories from Liverpool and Merseyside
Breaking UK and world news
· Football and Sport news
Everton and Liverpool FC coverage
· Celebrity news
· Liverpool Event listings and What's On guides
· Restaurant guides and reviews
· TV & Film news and reviews
The App also features:
• Force Touch allowing you to peak and pop into an article.
• Native iPad support for a better tablet experience
• The ability to follow topics that matter to you
• Follow your favourite authors like you do any topic
• Resize the article text to help with your reading experience
• The ability to read an article even when you are offline
This update fixes a crash some users have been experiencing when reading articles. If you continue to see crashes after this update, please contact us using the Feedback sections in your My Account Tab.
We've also fixed an issue some of you were having with loading and posting comments.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent For A Local Newspaper App
I’ve lived in quite a few locations in recent years and tried out plenty of local newspaper apps. The Echo’s is by far the best. It’s completely free, it’s well organised and that makes it easy to find news relevant to the areas and subjects you’re interested in. It’s also very quick with breaking news stories and I often get a notification from the Echo well before any of the national papers send a notification!
I’m not a Scouser by birth but I feel like I belong here more than anywhere else I’ve ever lived and some of that feeling comes from reading the Liverpool Echo app.
Just got the latest update (8th October) and even though you’ve added the dark mode thing where it automatically works when you switch it on on iPhone and off again when you go back into the app again after turning dark mode of on iPhone it stays on once app is reloaded. Yet again another bug. Why do you always mess up with updates since you first redesigned the app? That’s why I’ve given 1 star. You should test this feature out many times before you release and one final one before you send out the release.
Also to add about the red links which is littered in every news article it is very sensitive and whenever I scroll down and come across one the slightest touch and that sets of the link and it’s very annoying which happens all the time. I’ve reported it via email to them and had no reply. I’ve tried contacting them in the past and had no joy with responses.
Uses up all my battery in the background
This app used to be fine and an easy way to get local news however recently I notice my iPhone battery is running down very quickly and according to the battery monitor in settings this is has used 46% of my battery - 8 mins on screen and 12 hours 58 minutes in the background. This is despite all the options in settings being switched off so the app should not be working in the background. Deleting and reinstalling does not help.
With the drain on my battery and the misinformed reporting (reporters need to actually learn where places in Liverpool are and get their facts straight before publishing - reporting went downhill after the move to Manchester) I think I will be reluctantly deleting this app unless this issue is fixed fast.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Trinity Mirror Digital Media Ltd
- 93.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2022 Reach PLC