The Manchester Evening News app has been redesigned from the ground-up. Its slick, clean interface comes with a raft of state of the art features, but is still completely FREE.
Get the very latest news from Greater Manchester, the UK & around the globe, celebrity gossip and sport 24/7. Keep up to date with Manchester United & Manchester City football teams and find out what's on in your area.
Completely customisable, the Manchester Evening News App allows you to tailor what news you consume and when. You can even follow your Premiership football team to keep informed of the latest news on your favourite club, whether it be Man City or Man United.
The Manchester Evening News app is the best way to follow breaking Manchester and world news, including live blogs and live video.
Keep up-to-date with the latest in:
· Top local news stories from Manchester and Greater Manchester
Breaking UK and world news
· Football and Sport news
Manchester United and Manchester City coverage
· Celebrity news
· Manchester Event listings and What's On guides
· Manchester restaurant guides and reviews
· TV & Film news and reviews
The App also features:
• Force Touch allowing you to peak and pop into an article.
• Native iPad support for a better tablet experience
• The ability to follow topics that matter to you
• Follow your favourite authors like you do any topic
• Resize the article text to help with your reading experience
• The ability to read an article even when you are offline
This update is all about fixing things, our little elves have been busy behind the scenes sorting out a lot of things that were wonky.
• Dark Mode will now respond no matter where you are in the app - because, well it should do - our bad.
• Have you been in an article and seen content jumping up and down? No... okay well you won't now either.
• Lots of minor fixes here and there, too many to mention and mostly only the developers understand.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Manchester Evening News App
Would be useful if it worked!!! Outdated articles often left on for days. News notifications.. when you click on them the app opens, only to find a picture and the headline but no article!!! Then you try and find it within the app and it cannot be found, until hours later. Not great, there have been several updates recently but this bug hasn’t been addressed. Could be so much better if the glitches were ironed out and articles were updated regularly throughout the day.
Poor standard of journalism from some writers
This app is OK if you are able to put up with articles written by young and babbling indecipherable journalists. I need to get to the facts and in concise and clear language when a news story is being presented....and unfortunately, many are very poor from some writers I could mention. Sport and in particular football is bombarded with mind numbing articles about insignificant goings on with individuals at their clubs. Many of them are speculative and ‘way off the mark’ in terms of the real truth. Subsequently, the integrity of this ‘News’ paper constantly takes a battering from its readers. I suppose though the articles are free to read at present....so there’s little to have a real gripe about until we are made to pay !
Decent but not great
I use this app most days to try and keep up to date on all things local in and around Manchester.
There are good stories which relate to things to do with kids and the best eating / dining places in Manchester and they also advise you how to get decent discounts on a lot of things too. This is really helpful.
However the traffic updates are never up to date and there have been times the app is reporting heavy traffic on certain routes but when you travel it the traffic has gone.
This needs a more up-to the minute feel to it.
The general opinion is that it’s quite good but could do with some more meat on the bone to stories that are most important such as high profile court cases, prolific criminals, traffic news, sports news.
Overall worth having.
- Trinity Mirror Digital Media Ltd
- 78.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Trinity Mirror 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.