Logic Pro X is the most advanced version of Logic ever. Sophisticated creative tools for professional songwriting, beat-making, editing and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro X includes a massive collection of instruments, effects, loops and samples, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
Professional Music Production
• Record and edit MIDI or audio using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Keep takes organised with take folders and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Track Alternatives let you create and switch between different playlists of regions and edits on a track
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Use Smart Tempo to import audio and have it automatically conform to your project BPM
• Comprehensive mix and plug-in parameter automation can be part of a region or track
• Perform and mix from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad or iPhone
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
Drum Production and Beat-Making
• Use Drum Machine Designer to build and perform your own custom kits
• Program beats, bass lines and melodic parts using Step Sequencer
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic or hip-hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Choose between 33 distinct drummers that can take your direction and perform millions of unique grooves
• Use Sampler to quickly create and edit sophisticated multi-sampled instruments
• Import a single audio file or record directly into Quick Sampler to instantly build a playable instrument
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral and modelling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, a powerful sample manipulation synthesizer
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Play faithful models of classic organs, keyboards and vintage synths
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion and modulation stompboxes
Creative and Production Effects
• Access a professional collection of vintage and modern delays, EQs and compressors
• Play your sounds through a variety of realistic acoustic spaces or creative synthesised reverbs
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Over 4,300 instrument and effect patches
• 1,800 meticulously sampled instruments
• More than 10,000 Apple Loops in a wide range of genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Share to GarageBand option allows you to remotely add new tracks to your Logic project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro X workflows
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
• Open projects from Logic 5 or later
6GB available storage space for minimum install / 72GB storage space for full Sound Library installation
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A decent DAW... But...
I'm a proponent of both Logic Pro X and Avid Protools HD, as a blind producer, accessibility on the mac with VoiceOver is vital. Logic Pro X really does provide the most flexible interface possibe. However... There are a number of things which really could be improved upon. These include giving the user the option to completely opt out of installing apple loops, apple instruments, etc and just using the plugins the customer owns, so just using Logic Pro X as the host and now a bulked up system, that'd save over 60gb storage space, etc. The ability for visually impaired users (those who can still see a display) to fully adjust colour profiles of Logic Pro X without third party products to do the same job.. There's some other improvements which really could be considered here, but I will say this. Logic is an easier system to work with than Protools for setting up, etc, plus MIDI work is so much better. Just for information here, I am an experienced Studio tech working in the Accessibility in Music Technology Industry and there are many DAW developers who don't support screen reader technologies, especially VoiceOver, this needs to change.
Very good but needs improving.
I produce a lot of music that is very sample based and I am very pleased about the latest sampler in the 10.5 update. However, unlike DAW's like Ableton or FL, I can't easily preview samples to drag into my sampler within the file browser. Logic seems to struggle to preview a lot of 32 bit samples but 16 bit is fine. This makes my workflow a lot slower, compared to Ableton and FL, where every sample is easily accesible and heard instantly. I usually have to resort to using the sampler in Alchemy where I can preview which sample fits my track at one click. This is what I have been doing for years but of course it takes a little longer than it should. A step in the right driection with the fast sampler, but still not entirely there with the 32 bit samples. I have hundreds of sample kits and can't be expected to convert them all, when Logic SHOULD just be able to preview them for me.
Missing Loops - Unable to Download
I’ve been using Logic X for around a year - it’s an awesome bit of kit, but it’s not all been problem free. Predominantly using NI, but even without NI VST instruments, there’s a whole host of Logic instruments that I regularly use. In the latest update however, the Apple Loops don’t appear to be working correctly - if I select an ‘instrument’ I’m finding a whole load of loops which don’t appear to be downloadable or playable. There’s a small arrow pointing downward in a circle next to the loop name, but clicking on it doesn’t do anything. I’ve re-indexed the loops but this hasn’t changed anything.
No idea how to fix it, but if it wasn’t for that, it would be a 5 star rating.
- Apple Distribution International
- 1 GB
macOS 10.14.6 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2004-2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.