Logic Pro is a complete collection of sophisticated creative tools for professional songwriting, beat making, editing and mixing, built around a modern interface that’s designed to get results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro includes a massive collection of instruments, effects, loops and samples, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
Professional Music Production
• Use a complete set of Spatial Audio authoring tools that provide everything you need to mix and export your music for Dolby Atmos
• Use Live Loops to capture inspiration and quickly build arrangements by mixing and matching loops, samples and your recordings
• Record and edit MIDI or audio using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Keep takes organised with take folders and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Track Alternatives let you create and switch between different playlists of regions and edits on a track
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Use Smart Tempo to import audio and have it automatically conform to your project BPM
• Perform and mix from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad or iPhone
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
Drum Production and Beat Making
• Use Drum Machine Designer to build and perform your own custom kits
• Program beats, bass lines and melodic parts using Step Sequencer
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic or hip-hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Use Sampler to quickly create and edit sophisticated multi-sampled instruments
• Import a single audio file or record directly into Quick Sampler to instantly build a playable instrument
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by a collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral and modelling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, a powerful sample manipulation synthesiser
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Play faithful models of classic organs, keyboards and vintage synths
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion and modulation stompboxes
Creative and Production Effects
• Access a professional collection of vintage and modern delays, EQs and compressors
• Play your sounds through a variety of realistic acoustic spaces or creative synthesised reverbs
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Over 5,900 instrument and effect patches
• 1,200 meticulously sampled instruments
• 14,750 Apple Loops in a wide range of genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Share to GarageBand option allows you to remotely add new tracks to your Logic project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro workflows
• Export your Spatial Audio mix as a Dolby Atmos ADM file compatible with Apple Music
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
6GB available storage space for minimum installation / 72GB storage space for full Sound Library installation
This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
A decent DAW... But...
I'm a proponent of both Logic Pro X and Avid Protools HD, as a blind producer, accessibility on the mac with VoiceOver is vital. Logic Pro X really does provide the most flexible interface possibe. However... There are a number of things which really could be improved upon. These include giving the user the option to completely opt out of installing apple loops, apple instruments, etc and just using the plugins the customer owns, so just using Logic Pro X as the host and now a bulked up system, that'd save over 60gb storage space, etc. The ability for visually impaired users (those who can still see a display) to fully adjust colour profiles of Logic Pro X without third party products to do the same job.. There's some other improvements which really could be considered here, but I will say this. Logic is an easier system to work with than Protools for setting up, etc, plus MIDI work is so much better. Just for information here, I am an experienced Studio tech working in the Accessibility in Music Technology Industry and there are many DAW developers who don't support screen reader technologies, especially VoiceOver, this needs to change.
My Favourite DAW
Logic Pro X has been my DAW of choice since 2015. I don't think I've ever used a piece of software more than I have Logic, and I don't think I'll ever reach a similar level of satisfaction in any other DAW.
I produce on a 13" MacBook Pro and I think tbh as an entry level computer in the "Pro" realm, it manages the software fantastically. Of course, there will always be bugs and some of them will get ironed out eventually - I myself tend to have problems with latency which have only occured in recent updates. These bugs do not make the software unusable and I think 90% of them will have a workaround.
Is Logic perfect? Definitely not! It's a generally slower workflow and it has flaws that definitely show from time to time. However, is it the best value for money? With everything the software includes out of the box I confidently believe it is.
Sound Library Chaos
Please fix your sound library. It is the dumbest, least user friendly experience I have ever experienced... Recently bought a new mac? Sound library on an external drive? Should be as simple as plugging it in, relocating the library and off you go right? Nope, logic has done its absolute best to make what should be a very simple process as annoying and utterly stupid as possible.
First it won't let you relocate to the external drive because the library is already there - that's fairly simple to navigate around. Then, it will tell you that you've installed maybe 3 of the sound libary units even thought it's all there so you're going to have to mess around with the receipts folder to try and get Logic to recognize the rest.
When that doesn't work you'll have no choice but to re-download the entire sound library again rendering the whole exercise pointless. Thought you were done? Nope! Logic will now randomly start freezing halfway through the re-download so that you have to do it all again. Currently through my second try - FIX THIS PLEASE!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 1.1 GB
- Requires macOS 12.3 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2004-2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.