iPad App of the Year 2021 - Apple
Best Enthusiast Editing Software 2021 - Videomaker Magazine
Welcome to the #1 multitrack mobile video editing app. A professional and intuitive storytelling environment will inspire you to craft your story wherever you are, from the mountain top to the living room. Recapture the magic of storytelling and the joy of editing!
“When it comes to editing video on an iOS device, LumaFusion has no equal.” - MacWorld
“If you have ever dreamed of editing videos on the iPad (or iPhone), or if you have the slightest passing interest in doing so, you need to own LumaFusion.” - 9to5Mac
“From aspect ratios to frame rates, you get full control over every aspect of your projects… this has just about everything power users are going to need.” - Gizmodo
Included in the one time purchase:
• Use 6 video/audio tracks
• Use 6 additional audio tracks
• Edit with the enhanced magnetic timeline with insert/overwrite and link/unlink clips
• Display track headers for locking, hiding, and muting tracks
• Use preset transitions or create your own
• Display your preview on an external monitor
• Add markers with notes to your timeline
• Cut, copy, paste in your timeline and between projects using Multiselect
• Layer effects; green screen, luma and chroma keys, blurs, distort, styles and color
• Stabilize videos with integrated Lock and Load Stabilizer
• Use powerful color correction tools
• Select from included color LUTs like FiLMiC deLog or import your own .cube or .3dl
• Animate with unlimited keyframes
• Save and share effect presets
• Create slow motion/fast motion forward and reverse
• Create smooth slow motion with 120 and 240fps files
• Edit with time-lapse video
• Fine tune audio perfectly with the Graphic EQ
• Keyframe audio levels, panning and EQ for perfect mixes
• Fill-from-left / right for dual-mono audio captures
• Isolate tracks on multiple track files
• Duck music during dialog with Auto-ducking
• Add third-party audio plugins
• Create multilayer titles with shapes and images
• Adjust font, color, face, border and shadow
• Import custom fonts
• Save and share title presets
• Create endless projects with a variety of aspect ratios (including landscape, portrait, square, widescreen film)
• Create projects for editing iPhone and iPad screen recordings
• Work in frame rates from 18fps to 240fps
• Duplicate, add notes, and use color-tag
• Use media directly from Photos, GNARBOX, WD Wireless, Frame.io
• Edit direct from USB-C drives
• Import media: cloud storage, SanDisk iXpand and SMB network drives
• Use for free: dozens of royalty-free music, sound fx, videos, and backgrounds
• View detailed metadata for your media
• Rename, add notes, and color-tag
• Sort and search to quickly find what you need
• Easily share movies with control over resolution, quality, and format
• Create a snapshot of any frame
• Archive projects for backup or edit on another device
• Subscribe to Storyblocks for LumaFusion to access the full library of music and clips
• Export to Final Cut Pro (FCPXML) for further editing on the desktop
EXCEPTIONAL FREE SUPPORT
• Access in-app help and online tutorials to get you started and keep you going
• Explore our full reference guide at https://luma-touch.com/lumafusion-reference-guide
• Contact our friendly support with direct access to our editing experts at https://luma-touch.com/support
• A startup crash for new users in some versions of iOS
• Export failures for some complex timelines
In upcoming releases we will continue adding new features, and will continue to enhance every aspect of LumaFusion. Find tutorials, reference-guide, answers to your questions, and contact us directly at https://luma-touch.com/support.
Ratings and Reviews
Some filmmakers say that great movies are cooked in post-production. LumaFusion has everything you need to create unforgettable scenes and packs as much power and flexibility as professional desktop editing apps.
Absolutely brilliant and very powerful video editor
I started out making videos with iMovie, which is brilliant at first and surprisingly powerful, but also quickly becomes extremely limiting. I looked around at both pc and iPad video editing software and found some reviews of LumaFusion. Long story short...it’s absolutely brilliant and extremely powerful. I can’t imagine there’s a better mobile video editing app out there and you would have to spend a hell of a lot more than £20 on pc to get something comparable, let alone better.
The only downsides I have found have been the odd crash writing a video...which seems to happen towards the end of a very long video. The devs are keen and very active on their forums....the only solution seems to be to copy the video file and manually remove bits of speeded up footage or inserted audio files to find the offending article. Sounds worst than it is and only happened once to me, but took a while to find and remove the particular clip.
However, I can’t recommend this enough, if you want a mobile video editing app, don’t bother with anything else....it’s worth every penny and then some.
Massively powerful and (fairly) easy to use
This is the most expensive app I have ever purchased for my iPad, but it’s worth every penny. Crammed with the full range of features, this has got to be THE best video editing app for IOS devices. It runs well on my ancient iPad Air 2 and also on my iPhone XR (although with my eyesight I find it rather fiddly to use on the phone). I think you’re able to edit 6 video/audio tracks, which should be enough for most people. There is a good range of import and export options.
Anyone used to editing movies using a timeline should find it easy to get started and the extensive and detailed video tutorials on the Luma Touch website should help to develop skills further. Then add the multitude of other videos out there and you have a vast array of guides, resources and ideas.
I’ve had the app for a couple of years now and I’m still learning new things. The app has the feel of being developed by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. New updates come out every few months and I’d not even realised that video stabilisation is now included. Superb.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your kind words! We're happy to hear that LumaFusion is meeting your editing needs. We're continually updating the app and have a ton in store for the near future, so stay tuned!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Luma Touch LLC
- 178 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.4.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.4.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.4.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Luma Touch LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Storyblocks Monthly £9.49
- Storyblocks Yearly £64.99
- FCPXML Export £17.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.