The most popular mobile video editing app for iOS is now better than ever!
LumaFusion 2.0 introduces a host of powerful new features and an elegant new UI. The simple-start timeline gives new users an intuitive head start, and professionals will find all the powerful features they need.
Tutorials, overlay help in the app, and a detailed user guide will get you started and keep you going. Our friendly support gives you direct access to our editing experts.
• Create projects with a variety of aspect ratios (including landscape, portrait, square, film)
• Frame rates (18 to 60 fps including 29.97 and 59.94)
• Duplicate, add notes, color-tag, search and sort your projects for easy organization
• Browse media directly from Photos, GNARBOX, and WD Wireless Pro/SSD drives – import only clips you use on the timeline.
• Drag-and-drop or import from anywhere, including cloud storage, SanDisk iXpand flash drives and SMB network drives
• Use for free - dozens of royalty-free music, loops, sound fx, videos and backgrounds OR subscribe to Storyblocks for LumaFusion to access the full library of thousands clips.
• View detailed information about your media
• Rename, add notes, and color-tag clips in the library
• Sort and search your library to quickly find what you need
• 6 video/audio tracks for photos, videos, audio, titles and graphics
• 6 additional audio tracks for narration, music and sound effects
• Magnetic timeline with extended features such as insert/overwrite and link/unlink clip
• New track headers for locking, hiding, and muting all tracks
• Dozens of transitions
• Display your preview on an external monitor
• Add markers with notes to your timeline
• Layer effects including chroma key, blurs, distort, styles and color in any order to create an endless variety of effects.
• Use powerful color correction tools
• Select from included color LUTs like FiLMiC deLog or import your own .cube or .3dl
• Add unlimited keyframes to animate any effect or color
• Save effect presets
SLOW AND FAST MOTION
• Create slow motion/fast motion forward and reverse
• Create smooth slow motion with 120 and 240fps files
• Edit with time-lapse video files
• Keyframe audio levels and panning for perfect mixes
• Listen to your mix while adjusting track levels
• Fill-from-left and fill-from-right for dual-mono audio captures
• Select tracks from multiple track files (perfect for screen recordings)
• Duck background music during dialog with Auto-ducking
• Add audio filters and EQ
• Create multi-layer titles with text, shapes and images
• Adjust font, color, face, border and shadow
• Import custom fonts including multi-color fonts
• Save and share title presets or styles
• Easily share movies anywhere with control over resolution, compression quality, frame rate and format.
• Snapshot a photo of any frame in your project to the Photos app
• Archive projects + media for backup or to edit on another iPhone or iPad
• Include VR metadata for exporting 360° videos
EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT
• Full reference guide at https://luma-touch.com/lumafusion-reference-guide
• Contact us directly at https://luma-touch.com/support
LumaFusion 2.0 is here, with incredible new features!
• Number of tracks doubled! 6 video/audio and 6 audio tracks.
(Preview performance with more than 3 tracks of video is dependent on device model)
• New Streamlined UI with all new vector icons, and improved workflows.
• New Timeline Overview makes it quick and easy to see your whole project and jump to a specific edit.
• New shuttle control (press-and-hold the Play button) to scrub at different rates to find the perfect frame.
• Add markers with colors and comments to quickly find important times in your projects and media
• Track Headers with track locking, hide and mute, and track link/unlink
• Popup Help makes it easier to find out what and where all the tools are.
• External Display, including layouts that give you more space on your device for editing
• Support for GNARBOX 2.0 SSD, as well as improvements for GNARBOX 1.0
• Photos library fully supports nested Folders in Album and new Media Types group.
• User-saved styles now include fonts
• Improved performance during scrolling and playback
• Easily trim clips on overwrite tracks that have attached transitions
• Trimming the head of a linked clip will no longer re-link to a different clip, so it's much easier to do a J-cut
• Dozens of bugs have been fixed and workflow and performance improvements
In upcoming releases we will continue adding new features, and will continue to enhance every aspect of LumaFusion. Find tutorials, reference-guide, answers to your questions, and contact us directly at https://luma-touch.com/support
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely brilliant and very powerful video editor
I started out making videos with iMovie, which is brilliant at first and surprisingly powerful, but also quickly becomes extremely limiting. I looked around at both pc and iPad video editing software and found some reviews of LumaFusion. Long story short...it’s absolutely brilliant and extremely powerful. I can’t imagine there’s a better mobile video editing app out there and you would have to spend a hell of a lot more than £20 on pc to get something comparable, let alone better.
The only downsides I have found have been the odd crash writing a video...which seems to happen towards the end of a very long video. The devs are keen and very active on their forums....the only solution seems to be to copy the video file and manually remove bits of speeded up footage or inserted audio files to find the offending article. Sounds worst than it is and only happened once to me, but took a while to find and remove the particular clip.
However, I can’t recommend this enough, if you want a mobile video editing app, don’t bother with anything else....it’s worth every penny and then some.
LumaFusion is knock-out
I have made many short travel film and used to use final cut express and changed over to premier pro, both great pro pieces of editing software but both kinda pricey etc. I have recently bought an iPad Pro and downloaded lumafusion for £20. I am really impressed with it. No rendering needed for GoPro shots, and all the touch screen functionality is really quick and intuitive. I have rough cut 10 min films in an hour or two when previously that would have been really quite protracted. It even supports multi layers of audio and video, so streets ahead of -iMovie etc. It took a bit of getting used to, to figure out how to access folders and files, but I am not that familiar with tablet interfacing vs laptop or desk top so that is not a failing of the software. I am really impressed and couldn’t recommend highly enough. Some of the bells and whistles are a bit more templated/ preset than premier pro but I guess that is to be expected. So it’s probably not sophisticated enough for genuine professionals but for any YouTuber wanting to make pro-like output it is ample...
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the great review! We're glad to hear it's been a good fit for your travel videos and a nice addition to your mobile workflow.
Software with class
Of all the apps I have, this one has impressed me enough to review it! Probably one of the most costly I have purchased and worth every penny!
I have edited on film, hand cranking audio in sync with video, on videotape using multiple machines and a controller, and then moving to non-linear, Video Machine, then Premiere Pro which were dramatic improvements from previous edit systems. However Luma fusion is streets ahead of all these systems. Such sophistication in software that runs on an iPad, fast and responsively! Simply astonishing. To be able to edit on the move, or even laying in bed (!) is mind boggling. I have been creating short promo videos n a fraction of he time it used to take.
I do hope the designers will continue to polish and refine this, but even in its present state it is pure magic! What would I like added? Audio scrubbing would be good, a way to add time markers to audio, and maybe an extra video track would get my vote, but if you are dithering over getting this, go for it. You will never regret it!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking time to write a very detailed review. We appreciate it.
- Luma Touch LLC
- 152 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Luma Touch LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Storyblocks Monthly £9.49
- Storyblocks Yearly £64.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.