Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you add shapes, images, and text to create beautiful image compositions, touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint on iPad and iPhone alike.
Designed exclusively for iOS and iPadOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS and iPadOS 17 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Create Eye-Catching Designs
- Combine words, shapes, and images to create breathtaking artwork right on your iPhone and iPad
- Apply non-destructive layer styles like shadows, outlines, gradient fills, and more
- Insert, group, and blend layers of an image
- Easily add, combine, and customize shapes
- Blend layers, shapes, and text using any of the blending modes
- Use precise selection tools to edit areas of an image
- Automatically select subjects in images with the machine learning-powered Select Subject
- Crop, arrange, and rotate objects and layers with pixel-perfect precision
- Easily remove the background of images or cut and paste objects from one image to another
Add Shapes and Text
- Create flyers, logos, and other compositions using vector shapes and their styling options
- Customize Smart Shapes with easy-to-use controls
- Add text and make it look gorgeous with 24 pre-designed text styles
- Change the font, size, alignment, line spacing, use custom fonts, and more
Paint and Sketch
- Paint stunning images right on your iPhone and iPad
- Choose from over artist-designed brushes and numerous painting techniques
- Paint with near-natural wetness effect of watercolor and crayon brushes
- Create stunning pixel art images with the custom-designed Pixel brush
- Paint with incredible detail thanks to the double texture brush technology
- Vary the speed of your stroke to change the thickness of some of the brushes
- Easily select and fine-tune colors with a full-featured color picker
- Instantly choose colors right from your image with the Eyedropper
- Paint more naturally than ever with the Apple Pencil, featuring palm rejection, pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity
Edit and Enhance Photos
- Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
- Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color presets
- Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
- Easily remove color casts and set the right white balance
- Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
- Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
- Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
- Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
- Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
- Open and edit images of up to 256 megapixels
Export and Share Images
- Optimize images for the web using quality, color depth, and size settings
- Export images to Files, iCloud, or open in other apps using a file format of your choice
- Using the integrated share extension, easily share your artwork with friends and family using Mail, AirDrop, or post it to social platforms like Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook
- Open and save images using HEIF, JPEG, PNG, and TIFF formats
- Work with multilayered Pixelmator Pro and Adobe Photoshop documents
- Save your edited images directly to Photos
- Create, edit, and keep all your images up to date on all your devices thanks to iCloud support
- External keyboard support with over 70 keyboard shortcuts
Built for iPhone and iPad
- Pixelmator is meticulously thought through and created from the ground up for iPhone and iPad devices
- Designed to take full advantage of powerful iOS and iPadOS features and technologies — iCloud Drive, Photos extension, Split View, and more
- Thanks to Apple silicon, Metal, Core Image, and Core Animation, Pixelmator delivers state-of-the-art performance and real-time responsiveness
Pixelmator 3.1.6 adds stability improvements and brings a few other smaller fixes.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator in general? Let us know at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
Pixelmator sets a new standard for photo editing on iPhone and iPad with a suite of staggeringly powerful tools. Combining gorgeous templates, intuitive touch-screen controls and completely customisable effects, this full-featured editor is in a class all its own. Plus, with seamless syncing using iCloud Drive, it doesn’t matter where the project was started—you can keep editing on your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
Broke after update, QUICKLY FIXES 24HRS LATER
Half way through making a fightstick artwork and was working fine last night, since then its updated to newer version of app, now when selecting arrange or style for individual components nothing is coming up so cant adjust indvidual layers, knocked to 1 star but back upto 5 star review since developer updated app 24hrs later and all seems to be working again, love this app on ipad and macbook
Developer Response ,
We're working on getting this fixed ASAP. For now, you should be able to select the Arrange and Style tools from the Tools menu, by tapping the brush icon in the toolbar. Apologies for the trouble in the meantime!
Has became very buggy
Used to be my go-to photo editing app, but as of recent there are tons of issues that are apparent in other reviews too. Will be working on a project, switch apps quickly, return and the app has decided to restart without doing any saves which it used to do (this is on an iPhone 14 PM, not an old slower phone btw.) In general has just seeming my became very counterintuitive, not sure if this is to push everyone into their new app and start paying subscriptions rather than buying your editing apps the old way 😐
Previous review: This app is brilliant, I use it more than any other photo app I’ve ever used and it is definitely worth the money. Would be great if we saw occasional new features being added (and a ‘what’s new’ pop up with every update). Would not mind if the features came out in packs that we could buy.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We totally get that Pixelmator has had a few hiccups recently. But there are absolutely no evil intentions behind it, we promise. Our team is putting in a lot of effort into fixing the issues and we hope that you'll stick around to enjoy Pixelmator just like you did before!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 547 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2024 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.