Pixelmator is a powerful, full-featured, layer-based image editor that lets you add shapes, images, and text to create beautiful image compositions, touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint on iPad and iPhone alike.
Designed exclusively for iOS and iPadOS, Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 features and technologies, giving you innovative, fast, and powerful tools.
Create Eye-Catching Designs
• Combine words, shapes, and images to create breathtaking artwork right on your iPhone and iPad
• Apply non-destructive layer styles like shadows, outlines, gradient fills, and more
• Insert, group, merge, and blend layers of an image
• Easily add, combine, and customize shapes
• Blend layers, shapes, and text using any of 32 blending modes
• Use precise selection tools to edit areas of an image
• Crop, arrange, and rotate objects and layers with pixel-perfect precision
• Easily remove the background of images or cut and paste objects from one image to another
Add Shapes and Text
• Create flyers, logos, and other compositions using vector shapes and their styling options
• Customize Smart Shapes with easy-to-use controls
• Add text and make it look gorgeous with 24 pre-designed text styles
• Change the font, size, alignment, line spacing, use custom fonts, and more
Paint and Sketch
• Paint stunning images right on your iPhone and iPad
• Choose from over a 100 artist-designed brushes and numerous painting techniques
• Paint with near-natural wetness effect of watercolor and crayon brushes
• Create stunning pixel art images with the custom-designed Pixel brush
• Paint with incredible detail thanks to the double texture brush technology
• Vary the speed of your stroke to change the thickness of some of the brushes
• Easily select and fine-tune colors with a full-featured color picker
• Instantly choose colors right from your image with the Eyedropper
• Paint more naturally than ever with the Apple Pencil, featuring palm rejection, pressure, tilt, and acceleration sensitivity
• Enjoy perfectly seamless painting thanks to the Metal-powered paint engine
Edit and Enhance Photos
• Get started with dozens of beautifully designed templates
• Instantly improve your photos with single-tap color presets
• Take full control over the tonal range of your image with levels and curves
• Easily remove color casts and set the right white balance
• Wipe away image imperfections, skin blemishes, and unwanted objects with the Repair tool
• Duplicate areas of your image with the easy-to-use Clone tool
• Pinch, bump, twirl, or warp areas of an image with powerful, Metal-based Distort tools
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken areas of an image
• Choose from dozens of breathtaking effects to subtly improve or completely change the look of an image
• Open and edit images of up to 256 megapixels
Export and Share Images
• Optimize images for the web using quality, color depth, and size settings
• Export images to Files, iCloud, or open in other apps using a file format of your choice
• Using the integrated share extension, easily share your artwork with friends and family using Mail, AirDrop, or post it to social platforms like Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook
• Open and save images using HEIF, JPEG, PNG, and TIFF formats
• Work with multilayered Pixelmator Pro and Adobe Photoshop documents
• Save your edited images directly to Photos
• Create, edit, and keep all your images up to date on all your devices thanks to iCloud support
• External keyboard support with over 70 keyboard shortcuts
Built for iPhone and iPad
• Pixelmator is meticulously thought through and created from the ground up for iPhone and iPad devices
• Designed to take full advantage of powerful iOS and iPadOS features and technologies — iCloud Drive, Photos extension, Split View, and more
• Thanks to Apple silicon, Metal, Core Image, and Core Animation, Pixelmator delivers state-of-the-art performance and real-time responsiveness
Pixelmator 2.7.2 for iOS brings a few important stability improvements and fixes.
• Applying gradient fills to layers and layer styles would not work correctly. Fixed.
• Opening the Cut, Copy, or Paste shortcut menu when editing text would quit the editing mode. Fixed.
• Documents with multiple group layers wouldn’t open. Fixed.
• Aligning text would sometimes cause Pixelmator to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• When attempting to use the Color Selection or Quick Selection tools, Pixelmator would sometimes quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Pixelmator would quit unexpectedly when deleting text layers with Stroke styles applied. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator for iOS in general? Let us know at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
Pixelmator sets a new standard for photo editing on iPhone and iPad with a suite of staggeringly powerful tools. Combining gorgeous templates, intuitive touch-screen controls and completely customisable effects, this full-featured editor is in a class all its own. Plus, with seamless syncing using iCloud Drive, it doesn’t matter where the project was started—you can keep editing on your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
Very powerfull image editor, with some minor flaws.
This is by far one of the best image editors I have used. It does however have a little room for improvement.
The tools are very intuitive and simple to use, but with enough complexity to make them capable of most tasks.
The touch up tools are so good, compared to other apps I have used, and I particularly like the colour adjustment, with rgb histograms and in-image curves, you can get very precise results.
With regards to flaws, most notable for me is the location of the undo button. There are two buttons in the top left corner: Image - which takes you to your save location to select which image to work on (in doing so, it automatically saves your current picture), and undo.
In effect the save button is right next to the undo button! This has led to more than one occasion (admittedly due to my own bad aim) where I have effectively lost my work, and had to start again. This could be easily avoided by simply moving the undo button.
With an update or two, this should be an easy 5 star rating.
Decent editor,lacks features
Overall a good photo editor at a reasonable price. On the surface you appear to have very limited tools but play around with it for a while and you’ll find you can actually achieve some really decent results. Having said that, it’d be nice to see a few more features into the app, especially with so much competition from other editors on the market. I’d like to see more filters and presets introduced as the ones included are very basic and not much better than iPhone stock photos. Also I think for an app advertising itself as desktop grade editing, a denoise tool is essential. Hopefully these things will come in future updates.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 177.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.