Lumy is a beautiful app that helps you capture beautiful visuals by letting you keep track of the Magical hour (also known as Golden Hour). "What is Magic hour ?", It is a period around sunrise or sunset at which the light is often soft, warm and perfect for capturing beautiful visuals. Professional photographers, videographers swear it as the "time of day with the best lighting".
With lumy, you can anticipate the best lighting condition and get ready ahead of time to take advantage of it. Lumy shows you the weather information like cloudiness and temperature for the next 5 days, so you can plan things out.
Lumy notification is interactive and dynamic. It comes with realtime countdown to the notified photographic time, also you can snooze or postpone the notification for the next day.
You can get Sunrise, Sunset, Morning and Evening Magic hours, Astronomical, Nautical, Civil Twilight for your current location or any locations around the world. Except for the weather information, "Lumy" doesn't need an active internet connection.
It is the ultimate tool for anyone who wants to take stunning visuals. Now with Universal Purchase, You can get Lumy on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV and the new Apple Watch with a single purchase on the App Store.
- Today Widget - Quick info about Sun's Current Position
- Weather information (°C/°F)
- Current location & Any place around the world using maps
- Sunrise / Sunset / Magic Hours / Twilight (Astronomical, Nautical, Civil)
- Dynamic Interactive Notifications with the live countdown to the notified time.
- No Internet Connection needed for magic hour calculation
- Universal Purchase (iPhone / iPad / iPod touch / Apple Watch / Apple TV))
- Independent Apple Watch App
- Support for Apple TV
- Spotlight Search
- Apple Watch Complication Support
- Support for iOS 13, watchOS 6
Here're are some of the nice things that the press have written about Lumy:
"..offering only what you need and nothing more through a simple, intuitive and beautiful design." - Gannon Burgett, petapixel.com
"If there was one app a photographer needed on their wrist, this is the one." - Sandy Stachowiak, app advice.com
"Lumy looks elegant and great both on the iPhone and iPad." - Preshit Deorukhkar, beautifulpixels.com
We are into making Lumy, an ultimate tool for photographers. So email us your comments, questions or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
From Lumy 3
- Lumy is completely redesigned from the ground up for the new iOS 13 with dark mode, contextual menu, etc.,
- Independent Apple Watch Support
- Completely new Apple Watch Complications for various watch faces
- Interactive and dynamic Notification with live count down and snooze options
- Support for new iPhone 11, iPhone Pro, iPhone Pro Max, Apple Watch
- New Weather Icons
- New dark mode tint for the new Midnight Green iPhone
and lot more enhancements. Thanks a lot for emailing us your feedback :)
Ratings and Reviews
Not that good
Sadly you don’t seem to be able to set where you are only the set locations work only one in England - London -
Quick information in today view does not work - No help on its site - email not there
The idea itself is great. The execution is perfect.
The app is beautifully designed. On point, no clutter - just straight up giving you exactly what it promises. I like having my phone now remind me to take more photos in those "magical hours" that I always go on about to friends - yet always forget to use to my advantage. Rare is the app that I immediately want to make part of my daily creative routine. Even rarer is the app that so effortlessly performs its purpose through a clean interface. This will both stimulate and generate some potentially lovely lit shots. And that's to be applauded.
Not just functional, but pretty, too.
A well-executed little app that does just what you’d want from a “magic hour” utility. The weather and notifications are especially helpful, and the whole package is extremely well-presented.
It’d be nice to be able to move through the next few days quickly (perhaps a double-finger swipe to move to the next day?) but that’s a minor niggle, and mostly you’ll be looking at today rather than the future, anyway.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.