“MapOut saves the day by using a simple interface to draw routes, and check out elevation profiles… I’m pretty blown away by its capabilities.” – Alee from cyclingabout.com
Offline map covering the whole world for iPhone and iPad. Almost as beautiful as a paper map - only more versatile.
- For hikers: With an easy-to-read representation of the terrain, even in the furthest corners without internet
- For cyclists: With cycling route network, speed and distance display
- For city travelers: City maps with tourist information
- For the connoisseur: Simply beautiful map to look at
3D tilt view
- Tilt the device in any direction to get a better impression of the terrain. More information on https://mapout.app.
- Search for places, streets, mountains, etc. No internet connection required.
- MapOut is based on the OpenStreetMap project, the “Wikipedia of Maps” - you can make corrections and additions yourself on OpenStreetMap.org. The latest maps are delivered with periodic updates.
- Download the regions of your choice - the maps can now be displayed without an internet connection (offline map).
- Drawing: Draw your own routes and waypoints directly on the map. Retouch existing tours and imported GPX files or let them directly snap to the road network.
- Import: With a free “MapOut.me” account you can send directions by email to your device. GPS-Tours can be found as gpx or kml files on many websites with tips for hiking or biking (e.g. on www.gpsies.com)
Record: Take recordings of your own tours and share them with friends.
Information: Quick overview of each tour - length, altitude change, map section and route profile
- Fast map display (hardware accelerated)
- Step-free zoom, always a pixel-perfect map
- Topographical map with contour lines and shading
- Selectable overlays: Bike/hike/ski routes, sightseeing, public transport
Find all answers to your questions in our user manual: https://mapout.app/manual
Map data © OpenStreetMap contributors (https://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright)
- various bug fixes
- added new icons for your waypoint markers
Ratings and Reviews
Great mapping & navigation app
superb app, and fantastic value with just a one off payment. I’ve used this for a few years now. It has great features to import and export routes in gpx format and for creating new routes on your phone directly in the app. The maps are free to download based on open street map with the added benefit of contours and shading. You can choose map tiles of just the areas you want so saving phone memory. Once you are out and about, assuming you have the maps you need already downloaded, then all you need is a gps signal and no mobile internet data is required. I’m an experienced outdoor enthusiast and I can strongly recommend this app to anyone.
Fantastic nav app
Used this for a few years now and I’ve got to say one of the best walking apps I’ve ever had.
So much so I recommended to friends and family.
The offline maps and gpx file import/sharing coupled with a very quick / accurate GPS lock (that doesn’t chew threw battery life) is why I love this app. Whether I’ve been in the middle of the Cairngorm’s, Skye, Glencoe or even on a Sunday stroll with the family (looking for an interesting walk) this app has helped me. Well worth the money. Love it 👍👍
Made in Germany...
As usual with German apps, this is well written, and time has been spent getting everything working ok. That’s why I took the chance, and bought this app.
I can never understand why UK apps are so slapdash and buggy. US apps are much the same. Laziness, I’m sure. No laziness with this app. 4 stars for that.
I do have some problems though.
My eyesight is not so great, and white roads with a grey border, stuck onto a grey/beige background... It’s so difficult to see much detail. Any chance that a few options could be added for that?
Maybe some choice of colour schemes.
Also, when I tap on a POI, there’s no info given. A pop up box would be welcome. Some poi’s are obvious, and don’t need much info, maybe just coordinates and an address. But there are poi’s that are obscure and could benefit from a description. Is it a bus stop, or a taxi rank, or a bus station... ?
Most other map apps have this feature, so it must be reasonably easy to add.
Other than that, this app is well worth the money. A greater choice of user settings would be nice, but good privacy, and regular updates are always a welcome feature. Thank you.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Valnova GmbH
- 77.7 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 Valnova GmbH
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.