Mapping Tonal Harmony Pro is the most INNOVATIVE and EXTENSIVE music tool for musicians out there. This app is invaluable for students of all levels, as well as professional performers, composers, arrangers, and teachers. There are plenty video tutorials and an online manual accessible within the app.
Play-along, Practice Improvisation. Reharmonize any song with the tap of a button. Create 12-keys workouts to practice. Study Target Notes and Upper Structures.
Print Scores with Full Harmonic Analysis, or just as the chord changes or Export as MIDI.
Play-along in different styles with the option to personalize chord voicings, styles including several piano comping, bass lines and rhythm variations to choose from. The only play-along that uses functions and chord-chordscales pairings to create the accompaniment track.
Map templates with different styles from Jazz to Traditional Harmony and Contemporary Harmony.
The app comes loaded with jazz workouts, jazz harmony, traditional harmony and jazz standard progressions. Also available on mDecks.com ready to import into the app: 1000+ Jazz Standards Progressions, 1000+ Jazz Standards Reharmonized and The complete Bird Bebop Progressions. All fully analyzed by savvy musicians with tons of experience.
Study Tonal Harmony like never before! Learn all functions and cadences in all keys.
Write your own music using a map that reveals the secrets of tonality.
Use it as a Fake Book on your gig or Practice Improvisation.
You can do all this and much more with Mapping Tonal Harmony Pro. You will not find anything like this on the market today.
This app is a no-brainer for musicians and music teachers.
Some reviews of Mapping Tonal Harmony Pro:
"...This app wins our strongest recommendation for an app so far." - Berklee Groove
"...an app that blew my mind." NoteTreble
"If only Brian Wilson had this music app when he ..." - FeedmyApp
"I've been looking for a harmony/chords/tonal app that is functional, deep enough, and with a great interface. Well, I'm not looking any further. This app just blew me away... " - KVR
"...an App I’d never teach high school (or college) music theory without!"
"An innovation beneficial to students, teachers, and composers alike..." - NoBrainerAppReviews
So, what can you do in Mapping Tonal Harmony Pro?
• Create Harmonic Progressions and Songs.
• Load Chord Progressions, Songs & Jazz Standards.
• Study Harmony from the Beginning, to the most Advanced concepts used by Bach, Beethoven, Bill Evans and John Coltrane.
• Practice Ear Training and Learn Functions in every Key
• Practice Improvisation using it as a Play Along
• Study Jazz Standards
• Study Classical Pieces
• Learn Classical Functional Notation
• Learn Jazz Functional Notation and Arrows and Brackets Analysis
• Learn Voicings & Voice Leading
• Study Modulations: Common Tone, Common Chord & Direct
• Learn ALL harmonic functions and cadences in ALL Keys in Major and Minor
• Study Bass-lines and Chord Inversions, and how to notate them in different styles
• Chord-Scales for every function
• Learn classical concepts such as the Neapolitan 6, the German augmented six, secondary dominants, etc
• Learn jazz concepts such as the SubV7, the related IIm7, the passing half diminished, etc
• EXPORT MIDI
• Create and Print Scores & Workout Sheets in any key, notated as Chord Progression and/or Functionally
• Transpose the Map to fit your instrument’s transposition
• Balance voices independently and concentrate in the study of Bass-Lines, Inner-Lines and any other combinations
• Work in THREE different modes: Browse Mode, Progression Mode, Audio Mode
• Create Progressions using Song Structure with Section, Repeats, Intros, First Endings and Exits
• Teach your Harmony Class with ease using your favorite audio tracks, performers and composers
• HUNDREDS OF PRE-LODADED progressions with standard cadences, jazz workouts, jazz standard, pop/commercial progressions, turn-arounds and audio examples.
UI Improvements. Larger menu buttons. Upper Structures add-on enable button fix.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Could be good
The basic idea of the program is solid and really helpful for developing progressions, but! There appears to be no way to midi export and the app is different from the screen shots and currently is way more limited in functionality than it states. There is no way to print out any progressions you write either making it fairly useless. A real shame as the actual core part of the app is solid and really useful for writing progressions it’s just not that practical to use often until these issues are fixed.
Developer Response ,
Now you can export to MIDI and PRINT. Thanks for your feedback
The best app I know of for exploring harmony
I’ve always thought this app was interesting but a little clunky, the recent updates completely fix that.
The interface and sounds have been vastly improved, the additional of virtual players has added a new level of voicing exploration.
I’d advise anyone interested in harmony to spend some time with this app - it’s helped me to discover and create harmonies which I wouldn’t have otherwise.
**Original review for older version**
I understand people’s complaints about the app being hard to understand (it is) but once you spend some time getting to know it, it becomes a useful tool for exploring classical & jazz harmony as well as creating chord progressions.
The ability to send midi is great for jamming out chords into your DAW.
Could definitely do with a GUI overhaul and clear in-app documentation.
This app is extraordinary. I speak of the current version 8. I have used it as a play along and to create my own charts. Ignore the bad reviews. I had a couple of problems and the developer fixed them straight away. The player AI is very good and provides flexible comping from the great players listed. This version is the best and easiest to use. There is some clever programming under the hood. It is a steal. Buy it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MDECKS MUSIC, LLC
- 291.2 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 mDecks.com
- In-App Purchases
- 1000+ Jazz Standards £19.99
- Target Notes £9.99
- Upper Structures £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.