Network Analyzer is a lite version of Network Analyzer Pro - an advanced tool for network diagnostics, LAN scanning and problem detection.
Network Analyzer can help you diagnose various problems with your wifi network setup and Internet connectivity thanks to the tools it provides.
It is equipped with a fast wifi device discovery tool, including all the LAN device's addresses and names. Further, arbitrary device's reachability can be tested with the provided ping tool. Finally, it displays various useful information related to your wifi/cell connection.
WIFI LAN SCANNER
• Fast detection of all network devices
• IP address of discovered devices
• NetBIOS, mDNS (Bonjour), LLMNR or DNS name where available
• Pingability test of discovered devices
• Detection of IPv6 availability
• Round trip delay testing including the server's IP address and hostname
• Support of both for IPv4 and IPv6
• Country detection of the analyzed server
• Default gateway, external IP (v4 and v6), DNS server
• Wifi network information such as SSID, BSSID, IP address (v4 and v6), and subnet mask
• Cell network information such as IP address, network provider, MCC, MNC
• Full support of IPv6
• Detailed help
• Regular updates
• Added the possibility to enable the location permission which is required to access SSID/BSSID since iOS 13
• Various fixes and improvements
• TODO: dark mode will be supported in the upcoming release
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a straightforward but highly useful tool for tracking down network and device connectivity problems. It provides router, and device connection IP addresses. You can find out what’s actually connected and is anything going on with the people in the car outside your place, who look like they’re on the net. Of course not so likely, but it has happened a lot especially when people haven’t protected the router. So, how often will you need it? Well, if you're a network professional it is indispensable. If you're not, who knows. Tomorrow, next week, next month, or even next year, but if you don't need it in the next 3-6 months you are a very lucky person. It’s a good tool. It’s very informative. I recommend it. However when polled 8 out of 10 cats were undecided. They generally thought the high frequency network signals ought to be turned off! There’s more in the paid version, but still plenty in the free version. You’ll soon decide if it’s what you need, and I’m sure you’ll agree it’s a good professional tool to help you see what’s going on around you (and in that car outside). Did you know there are still users who haven’t changed the default password on their router? Yikes.
Uninstalling as Apple hobbled it with iOS 11
Used to be great. I unfortunately need MAC addresses, and manufacturer info was very helpful. Apple’s “upgraded” OS hurt this type of app massively. For me it’s made iPhone-based network analysis too limited in functionality. I’ll be back if Apple finds a way around this limitation that still preserves the security benefits of limiting access to that type of network information.
Great for quick checks
Network discovery is a brute force ping which really helps when finding things like WiFi connected smart devices. Also gives a lot of info about the phones modem when connected to WiFi or not.
For free, it’s bloody great
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.