A safe home for all your data
The Nextcloud iOS app allows you to access all your files on your Nextcloud
- Read, rename, copy, move, delete all the files stored in your Nextcloud and send them to other App.
- Display documents, photos, videos, audio files.
- Automatically display previews of images and videos.
- Create new folders.
- Add any kind of data (documents, templates, photos, videos, voice memo, etc…).
- Tag the most important files and folders as ‘favorites’ or ‘offline’ to consult them offline.
- Use the Passcode function for an advanced level of protection of single folders or to prevent access to Nextcloud to other potential users of your iPhone.
- You can enable the automatic loading from the camera so your photos shots will be available on your Nextcloud.
- You can enable memory optimization Nextcloud to save space on your iPhone.
- Share your files with others.
- Multi-account support.
- Monitors your cloud from More menu in tab bar
- Use theming Server
- Integration with iOS 11 Files App
Please report all issues at and discuss this app at https://help.nextcloud.com/c/clients/ios
New to Nextcloud? Nextcloud is a private file sync & share and communication server. It is fully open source and you can host it yourself or pay a company to do it for you. That way, you are in control of your photos, your calendar and contact data, your documents and everything else.
Added in Settings the download configuration profile for calendar and contacts
Several minor bug fix and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
What’s gone wrong?
Used to be great. However since upgrading to IOS 13 the app crashes on launch. Keeping the app up to date does nothing. The new versions crash just the same. Now my Windows desktop wants to update but the download is so slow I have had to cancel it. Come on NextCloud, please get back to normal.
Good, not great.
This app connects an iOS device with your NextCloud files.
This a good thing. It was free. I like free.
But the App could be better.
A large number of media files causes the media browser to become sluggish and jerky, even on an iPad Pro. Suggests the thumbnails are not being cached and managed well in the app..
Not sure why the media view not using standard iOS UICollectionView. So we see a silly circular scroll bar. Please developers, don’t mess with stuff that is already working fine.
There is a feature to password lock a folder. Presumably for sensitive information. But the media view ignores this and gleefully shows all media, even stuff in the locked folders, making the feature pointless.
Video files don’t seem to download or stream at all, unless marked for offline viewing.
Paging through images by swiping is supported. But if you swipe to an image has not yet been cached, it is presented as an entirely blank screen. No placeholder. Nothing. Just a white void.
There are a couple of odd semantic choices. There are two hamburger menu items. One to control sorting, the other has settings. But is labelled “More”.
Think this app could be good, just needs a bit more work.
Developer Response ,
Hi, if you want, can you create an issue here: https://github.com/nextcloud/ios
So close to being a great app
Tried to use Nextcloud to replace Apple for storing my iPhone photos. As much as I wanted this to work, in the end hundreds of photos didn’t show up in the app album which makes it pointless.
The photos were on the server, I had tried rescanning folders, regenerating photo previews, disabling cache in the app and played with all different settings but it was hit or miss which photos would display in the app when viewing the media gallery. Some days I would notice a chunk of photos would be in the media folder, later on in the day they wouldn’t be there and another chunk of photos would appear.
In the end I had to admit defeat and go back to the Apple subscription which works brilliantly but I would of preferred to use Nextcloud
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nextcloud GmbH
- 228.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Basque, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Nextcloud GmbH