Generate custom color noises including brown, pink, white, blue, and violet. Customize noise further by using low and high cut filters. Simple modern interface remembers all settings for quick generation and utilizes advanced mathematical formulas to generate all audio waves. There are no audio files included in the application binary which keeps app size to a minimum and app performance to a maximum.
What are benefits of listening to white noise?
- Helps you sleep by blocking distractions
- Pacifies fussy and crying babies
- Relaxes and reduces stress
- Increases focus while enhancing privacy
- Soothes headaches and migraines
- Masks tinnitus (ringing of the ears)
What are the different sound colors?
- White noise sounds similar to static of an analog TV or radio station that has stopped broadcasting. White noise has equal energy across all sound frequencies.
- Brown noise sounds like a powerful waterfall. It has more energy at the lower frequencies and if you have a good speaker system with a subwoofer you should be able to really feel it.
- Pink noise's upper sound frequencies don't fall off as fast as they do with brown noise, so you'll get a little more punch. The most interesting thing about pink noise is it's found in almost all electronic devices (known as flicker noise) and even in biological systems.
- Blue and violet noise are the opposites of pink and brown noise, respectively, and sound like spraying water from a garden hose. It has more energy at the higher frequencies which means more treble and less bass.
- Curious to learn more about color noises? Check out this article for all the details: http://www.tmsoft.com/white-noise-player/
Drag the Sound Color slider to select brown, pink, white, blue, violet, or somewhere in-between. Next, drag the low and high cut filters to further customize to your liking. Adjust device volume using the on-screen volume slider to a comfortable level. You can also specify to play audio to any AirPlay supported device. Toggle audio playback using the Play/Pause button.
Created by the audio experts at TMSOFT that brought you the famous White Noise app. Check out all our apps and sounds at http://www.tmsoft.com/
Fixed sharing link, added compliance with latest permissions, and support library updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing for sleeping
I love this app. Really helped dial in my tinnitus and helps me fall asleep. White/brown noise doesn’t have any inherent information in it. So you can’t find it distracting, like I find waves or rain. The apps works throughout the night and without audio glitches I encountered on other apps. What an excellent app that really does keep me sane and well rested!
The adverts stop the noise!
I loved this app but recently the adverts have started popping up which stop the noise so I sometimes find myself resetting it every 2 minutes (literally), it’s so frustrating! I totally get if you want to have adverts but I’d rather have an option to pay for an upgrade (I don’t think there is one) and not risk the noise stopping.
Prior to this frustrating glitch which only seems to have been happening recently it was a really great app.
Perfect for my Misophonia!
All the different shades of noise work perfectly to block out my trigger sounds but I’m still able to hear the husband talking to me.
With this app I can’t hear him slapping and chewing his food around his mouth while he talks to me.
This app is a total God send and has saved my husbands life 😉
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 33 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2021 TMSOFT, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.