Bring ideas to life with Notability! Download for free and enjoy the powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking experience. You will quickly see why we’re Apple Editor’s Choice!
Notability is as versatile as you. Jot down thoughts, import & annotate textbooks, sync your notes with audio, or sketch your next masterpiece. Whether you’re a student, professional, or hobbyist—you’ll find all the tools you need.
MORE THAN PAPER AND PEN
• Write on a variety of paper templates with customizable spacing and backgrounds.
• Take notes with multi-media tools like pencil, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Mark up textbooks, documents, lecture slides, assignments, or images.
• Clean up calculations with Math Conversion technology.
• Search anything in your notes, including handwriting and imported documents.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Write with the most lifelike, vector-based digital pencil on the market.
• Ink is fine-tuned for the most responsive, precise writing experience (compatible with Apple Pencil & Logitech Crayon).
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• All your notes in one place! Always keep notes with you, without the weight, hassle, or paper waste.
• Organize notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
NEVER MISS A THING WITH AUDIO PLAYBACK
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings with audio recording, synced to your notes.
• Tap anywhere (in playback mode) to see your note come to life in real-time.
• Search or copy time-stamped text from Audio Transcripts.
EASILY SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas full-screen without distracting toolbars.
• Engage an audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
MULTI-TASK WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, and images between notes.
IMPORT, ANNOTATE, AND SHARE
• Import and mark-up PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more.
• Easily create searchable PDFs using built-in Document Scan.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and formatting options.
FIND AND SHARE INSPIRATION
• Publish your notes for the world to see in the Notability Gallery.
• Browse notes from the community, search topics, save favorites, and download templates!
Download Notability for free on iPad, Mac, and iPhone and enjoy Notability with limited editing and features.
Unlock the premium, unlimited note-taking experience with an annual Notability subscription. Subscribers get:
• Unlimited edits, Audio Transcripts, Auto-Backup support, and iCloud sync.
• MyScript Handwriting Recognition and Math Conversion technology.
Subscription auto-renews unless canceled, and will be charged via Apple iTunes account on an annual basis. Prices vary by location. You can manage your subscription in account settings after purchase. Family Sharing is not supported.
For technical assistance reach our team at email@example.com. Visit notability.com or connect with us @notabilityapp on social.
Terms of Service: https://notability.com/terms
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
- Updated media menu with new icons
- Media objects can be set to Fit to Page and flipped horizontally and vertically
Thanks for using Notability!
Ratings and Reviews
We rely on this sleek, powerful notetaker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date across your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Everything you need for note taking
I’ve been using this for while now and have found it to be the perfect note taking app for me. It does the basics extremely well. After all, you would expect a note making app to be excellent at being able to take notes right? The handwriting experience when using the zoom box feature in conjunction with a decent stylus is flawless in my opinion, and notes look and feel like you have hand written them on paper when you’ve done. A good selection of pens and paper and an effective system for managing your notes and notebooks, all synched with your cloud solution of choice, of course.
I showed this to my daughter when she started university and as well as now using it for all her lecture notes (sometimes with the recording feature), including annotation of PDF handouts, she has turned its use into an art form! Her notes, sketches, inserted diagrams and hand written formulas are beautiful to look at, and now form an effective part of learning.
This is a great app and would highly recommend it.
Notability is an amazing app and I’ve been using it on my iPad for almost a year. Handwriting is smooth and nice(I switched off the pressure sensitivity), by the way im an engineering student. I like how the files are organised. But the most important feature that keeps me using notability is voice recording. The way it is done is just amazing!
It’s all good but lest face a few problems of natability that are actually annoying on a daily basis:
Notability doesn’t recognise geometric shaped and can’t make them look better as some other does that. To draw a nice square we have to go and press some Figure option which takes us to some new window etc... what I am saying that it is the ugliest way of drawing a nice circle on the market. Developers should definitely make it simpler and more intuitive and pleasant to use. Right now it is such a disappointment that I was so close to stop using notability and go on to another app.
Another things - highlighters. I don’t understand what the developers thought of when they designed them. Why are they like this? Why are they so transparent? Why do they mess up with the handwritten text? Why do highlighters of the same color overlap each other? It is utterly annoying.
In general, it is an amazing app but I hope the developers will listen to the app users and fix those issues as so many people are irritated of the highlighters and figure drawing tool.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 1.1 GB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2023
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Subscription £14.99
- Annual Subscription £14.99
- Monthly Subscription £4.99
- Annual Subscription £19.99
- 3 Months Subscription £9.99
- Family Subscription £49.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.