Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Explore endless ideas with continuous page scroll.
• Mark up imported textbooks, documents, lecture slides, class assignments, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Always keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the paper waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Quickly switch between ink or eraser styles with the Favorites Toolbar.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Replay audio recordings and tap anywhere on your note to hear what was said at that moment.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage an audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes and Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, etc.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability across iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Customize your note-taking experience in the Notability Shop! Explore an exciting array of content available for purchase:
• *Handwriting Conversion and Search (included with Edu VPP)
• Daily Planner
• Stickers, themes, and more!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** What's new in 10.4 ***
Introducing Ink Grouping!
• To use this feature, select your handwriting or drawing and choose “Group” from the menu option. Now styling, transforming, erasing, and moving can be applied to the entire group.
• To ungroup, simply select it and choose “Ungroup” from the menu option.
• You can even choose to group a collection of groups
My Stickers – if you can draw it, you can save it!
• With My Stickers, you can draw and save custom stickers to use at any time across all your notes.
• Simply use the pen and/or highlighter to draw your desired sticker, select it, and choose "Save as Sticker". Your creation is now saved and can be accessed from My Stickers for easy, repeated use.
Library Grid View – change the way you view your library!
• Have you ever wanted to view your notes with bigger thumbnails? Now you can!
• At the top of any subject, pull down to reveal the newly improved view options. Toggle to the grid icon and watch as your library transforms from a list to a grid with bigger thumbnails.
Spring is here in the Notability Shop with colorful new Sticker Packs!
• The new stickers include beautiful spring-inspired designs and an essential pack for teachers
Ratings and Reviews
We rely on this sleek, powerful note-taker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date on both iPhone and iPad.
Everything you need for note taking
I’ve been using this for while now and have found it to be the perfect note taking app for me. It does the basics extremely well. After all, you would expect a note making app to be excellent at being able to take notes right? The handwriting experience when using the zoom box feature in conjunction with a decent stylus is flawless in my opinion, and notes look and feel like you have hand written them on paper when you’ve done. A good selection of pens and paper and an effective system for managing your notes and notebooks, all synched with your cloud solution of choice, of course.
I showed this to my daughter when she started university and as well as now using it for all her lecture notes (sometimes with the recording feature), including annotation of PDF handouts, she has turned its use into an art form! Her notes, sketches, inserted diagrams and hand written formulas are beautiful to look at, and now form an effective part of learning.
This is a great app and would highly recommend it.
Notability is an amazing app and I’ve been using it on my iPad for almost a year. Handwriting is smooth and nice(I switched off the pressure sensitivity), by the way im an engineering student. I like how the files are organised. But the most important feature that keeps me using notability is voice recording. The way it is done is just amazing!
It’s all good but lest face a few problems of natability that are actually annoying on a daily basis:
Notability doesn’t recognise geometric shaped and can’t make them look better as some other does that. To draw a nice square we have to go and press some Figure option which takes us to some new window etc... what I am saying that it is the ugliest way of drawing a nice circle on the market. Developers should definitely make it simpler and more intuitive and pleasant to use. Right now it is such a disappointment that I was so close to stop using notability and go on to another app.
Another things - highlighters. I don’t understand what the developers thought of when they designed them. Why are they like this? Why are they so transparent? Why do they mess up with the handwritten text? Why do highlighters of the same color overlap each other? It is utterly annoying.
In general, it is an amazing app but I hope the developers will listen to the app users and fix those issues as so many people are irritated of the highlighters and figure drawing tool.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 263.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Handwriting Recognition £2.99
- Back to School Basics Pack
- Math Recognition £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.