Note Trainer is designed to help train your ability to read music. It is aimed at beginners, music students, musicians and anyone interested in musical reading. Note Trainer includes exercises reading musical notes and musical chords.
Exercise levels range from beginner to advanced. Note Trainer will guide you and recommend exercises to help you gradually improve your skills. More advanced users can focus on different areas of the application or select to start training at a higher level.
When an exercise is complete the users' statistics are saved allowing them to track their progress and easily return to areas that need more training. Note Trainer indicates when a user is ready to move on to the next exercise.
- Preset exercises for notes and chords
- Custom exercises for notes and chords
- Note Trainer supports English (B, Bb), German (H, B), and Solfége (Do, Re, Mi) notation
- Supports transposing instruments
- Includes Treble, Bass, Alto and Tenor clefs
- Answer using MIDI device (*), virtual piano or answer buttons
- Answer by singing or playing an instrument (iPhone 5s and newer)
- Visual feedback on virtual piano and note view
- Time challenge mode
- Studio sound quality
*) Using a MIDI-input device may require an Apple USB Camera Connection Kit
- Fixed graphics issue when scaling the note view
- You can now start a new exercise by playing middle-c on a MIDI-instrument
Ratings and Reviews
Great app to quickly speed up your note recognition. It has great exercise customisation if you want a more advanced challenge. I would love to see chords spread over both clefs though.
Nice concept, needs work.
The keyboard scale goes from C to B. The notes on the stave, however, in the first couple of exercises cover the tones E on the bottom line to F on the top line. I think it is confusing for beginners that the short piano scale doesn’t correspond to all the notes on the stave. I am trying to improve my sight-reading, but my partner is a total beginner. I think either the piano could be two octaves, give you the option to scrub up to the next octave or start on the note F, though that’s not typical. Just a tweak. It’s a nice app otherwise, though there is a lot of completion out there.
Great app, needs a few tweaks
Firstly, when you connect the app to MIDI and then play Bb1 or B1 on a physical keyboard, the app crashes. A little bit annoying knowing the bug exists.
Secondly, is it possible for you to add a setting in where if you get a not wrong it doesn’t skip because I would like to correct my mistake when I get it wrong.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- thoor software AB
- 78.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © thoor software & dev4phone
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.